What do you think you elected? Can-do Biden? Nope.

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 36
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Hidin' Biden told you he could solve Covid. Now he says he cannot. You voted for him. What did you elect? A liar? So, what's changed, in your book? Because he's your liar, it's okay?
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
Hidin' Biden told you he could solve Covid. Now he says he cannot.
No politician can "solve" covid. It is a global pandemic. And I seriously doubt you have ever heard Biden say he could.

What they can do is take it seriously and try to fight it. Which trump 100% did not want to do. Biden is taking it seriously.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
I seriously doubt you have ever heard Biden say he could.

12/21, Biden says, "There is nothing to worry about." He wasn't talking about the Super Bowl, bud. Do you hear anything but the buzzing in your own head?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
I seriously doubt you have ever heard Biden say he could
12/21, Biden says, "There is nothing to worry about." He wasn't talking about the Super Bowl, bud. Do you hear anything but the buzzing in your own head?
you're kidding right? here is the full quote. 

"I'm doing this to demonstrate that people should be prepared when it's available, to take the vaccine. There's nothing to worry about,"

He is saying there is no reason to worry about taking the vaccine. That is not even close to him saying he could "solve" covid. 
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@fauxlaw
I didn't vote.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Death23
Me either. I'm one of the rare few that didn't vote in an election where more people than ever voted.
Death23
Death23
-->
@Greyparrot
Even when you're in a battleground state, that your vote would change the outcome of the entire election is probably something like winning the lotto in terms of the odds. Thing is, if you win the lotto, you get a lotto jackpot. You change the outcome of the election, there's not that much of an impact on your life really. Maybe a few tax or healthcare things, but that's about it.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Death23
It's worse than that for me. I voted in 2016 thinking an outsider politician could kick sand in the face of Washington DC elites with no bad consequences. The end result was 4 years' worth of impeachments and investigations, a concerted effort of mockingbird media to derail every policy,  and zero cooperation on any legislation.

This 2020 election didn't matter. Washington DC won no matter what.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
Stupid sour grapes argument for the sake of it....Move on...Forget Citizen Trump and find a new Republican Godhead to worship....Preferably one who possesses a modicum of integrity.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Death23
Then you have naught to say. Keep it that way.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
Would you have the same reaction had Trump said that? 
Death23
Death23
-->
@fauxlaw
Well, California voted for Biden with a margin of over 5 million votes. What are the odds I would have changed that? lol
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Death23
Proving what? That CA is a blue state? Right now, yes it is. I never said it was not. Anything else that is unrelated to the point?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
Hidin' Biden told you he could solve Covid.  Now he says he cannot.
Two sentences.  Two lies.

Your only evidence is this?

Biden gets his vaccine shot and says getting the vaccine is nothing to worry about.  DId you misinterpret this as

• Biden says he can solve COVID
    • or
  • BIden says he can't solve COVID?
Because this remark doesn't support either misassertion.

Here's what Biden actually said about COVID today:

BIDEN: Time is of the essence. We are optimistic that we will have enough vaccine in very short order. As you know, we came in office without knowledge of how much vaccine was being held in advance or available. Now that we’re here, we’ve been around a week or so, we now have that. We’ve gotten commitments from some of the producers that they will, in fact, produce more vaccine in a relatively short period of time and then continue that down the road.

I’m quite confident that we will be in a position within the next three weeks or so to be vaccinating people at the range of a million a day or in excess of that.

I promise that we would get at least 100 million vaccinations, that’s not people, because sometimes you need more than one shot, the vaccination, but 100 million shots in people’s arms of the vaccine. I think with the grace of God and the goodwill of the neighbor and the creek not rising, and as the old saying goes, I think we may be able to get that to 1.5 million a day, rather than 1 million a day, but we have to meet that goal of a million a day. Everything points that we’re going to have a

• A, enough vaccine.
  • B, enough syringes and all the paraphernalia needed to store, keep, inject, move into your arm, the vaccine.
  • Three, a number of vaccinators, people administrating the vaccine, which is not an easy task of those who have those facilities, like the nursing homes and hospitals. They have the people to do it, but they don’t have the capacity to do everyone. And so I think we’re leaning hard on in areas where we produce more vaccinators. We feel confident we can do that. And thirdly, it’s really important that we have the fora, the place, the facility, the circumstance, where people can show up, stand in line, and get their vaccine without having to stand in line for eight hours.  Being able to pick up the phone, call the pharmacy, and get your name on the list, et cetera. All those mechanical things are really, they sound simple, but they’re all consequential, when we’re trying to get out a minimum of a 100 million vaccinations in the 100 days, and move in the direction where we are well beyond that in the next 100 days, so we can get to the point where we reach herd immunity in a country of over 300 million people. Does that answer your question?
JEFF:  Well my question was, at what date, or roughly when, do you think anyone who wants one would be able to get it? Is it summer? Is it fall?

I think it will be this spring. I think we’ll be able to do that this spring.

But it’s going to be a logistical challenge that exceeds anything we’ve ever tried in this country. But I think we can do that. I feel confident that by summer, we’re going to be well on our way to heading toward herd immunity and increasing the access for people who aren’t first on the list, all the way going down to children, and how we deal with that. But I feel good about where we’re going, and I think we can get it done.

JEFF: One more on vaccine. Mr. President, one more on vaccine......now that you’re President and you’re saying there is nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months, what happened to two months ago when you were talking declaratively about, “I’m going to shut down the virus.”

BIDEN: Well, I’m going to shut down the virus, but I never said I’d do it in two months. I said it took a long time to get here. It’s going to take a long time to beat it. And so we have millions of people out there who have the virus. We’re just, for the first day, I think… Correct me if I’m wrong, I’ve been doing other things this morning, speaking with foreign leaders. But one of the things I think this is one of the first days that the numbers actually come down, the number of deaths, and the number on a daily basis, and the number of hospitalizations, et cetera. It’s going to take time. It’s going to take a heck of a lot of time. And we still have, as Dr. Fauci constantly points out, it’s one thing when we have mass… How can I say it politely? Mass disregard of the warnings about not wearing masks and wearing masks and social distancing and failure to social distance, and people getting together on holidays in ways that weren’t recommended, et cetera.

We see first thing that happens is we see the number of infections go up. Then you see the hospitalizations go up. Then you see the deaths go up. And so we’re in this for a while. What are we now? At about 410,000 deaths? And there’s going to be more. The prediction, as I said, from the very beginning to getting here after being sworn in, was the predictions were, we’re going to see somewhere between a total of 600,000 and 660,000 deaths before we began to turn the corner in a major way.

And again, remember, the vaccine, most of the people taking the vaccine, a vast, significant number, require two shots, and they’re average of three weeks apart. And it takes time for it to be sure that you get to that 95% assurance rate. And so it’s beginning to move, but I’m confident we will beat this. We will beat this, but we’re still going to be talking about this in the summer. We’re still going to be dealing with this issue in the early fall. And last point I’ll make, and I know you’re tired of hearing me saying it, particularly, you may be tired of me saying it. And that is that if we wear masks between now and the end of April, the experts tell us we can save 50,000 lives. 50,000 people otherwise would die.

Death23
Death23
-->
@fauxlaw
I’ll get you next time, Gadget
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@fauxlaw
So? Do you desire to vote for Trump?
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
I am reposting this for emphasis. 

Biden's quote: "I'm doing this to demonstrate that people should be prepared when it's available, to take the vaccine. There's nothing to worry about."

So fauxlaw falsely claimed Biden argued there is nothing to worry about regarding coronavirus in general, and then had the audacity to speak to HistoryBuff condescendingly even though fauxlaw totally made up Biden saying not to worry about Covid or that he would "solve" it.

Note after he got caught stating a blatant misrepresentation and then talking down to someone when trying to prove that  falsehood (which is embarrassing enough), fauxlaw did not have the maturity to correct himself and admit to his mistake. Instead he responded with "would you have the same reaction if Trump had said that?"

Lol... what? I'm pretty sure HistoryBuff would have reacted that way and said vaccines were okay if Trump had said that. But this dialog wasn't about the efficacy of vaccines. It was about Biden allegedly saying he could solve Covid (THAT'S WHAT THE THREAD WAS CREATED TO BITCH ABOUT) when he never said that and the creator of the OP  failed to prove he ever said that.

God forbid anyone in the Trump cult is capable of acknowledging a mistake or being wrong. 

Don't worry, we will just keep pointing out you are wrong even though you're incapable of admitting it. 

Danielle
Danielle
This is like the other thread where Dr.Franklin made a post about Biden ruining things ("it only took two days")  by highlighting an event that's been happening for months. Then when I asked him to clarify how it's Biden's fault despite happening under Trump, he went silent lol.

You people are  a trip and a half. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Danielle
fauxlaw totally made up Biden saying not to worry about Covid or that he would "solve" it. 

I reply, as you could have researched yourself, but choose, instead, to cite your mindless media:  https://joebiden.com/covid19/

There it is from your mindless horse's mouth. Satisfied in ignorance? Have a nice trip, wherever it is you're going. Canada, maybe? This time? Maybe you should have gone the first time.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@fauxlaw
So you provided a link to Joe Biden's "plan to beat Covid."

How does that prove your point  that Joe Biden somehow says he can now NOT beat Covid?

Lol do think long and hard before answering. Try your best. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Danielle
No need to think hard. 
In May 2020, Joe Biden said: "I will beat Joe Biden." Well, his after-inauguration comment beat his campaign rhetoric, didn't it?

Oh, you're going to join the media apology, claiming Joe Biden did not say "I will beat Joe Biden," but really said, "I will be Joe Biden." But, that's even worse. If Joe Biden was not Joe Biden in May 2020, who was he? And when will he be Joe Biden? You voted for a guy who does not know who he is, according both Joe and his fawning media, who now have thrills up their legs, again. I'm so happy for them. You, too.
The lot of you are the third brand of people: make things happen, watch what happens, wonder what happened. Congrats.

By the way, I do professional voice-overs as a sideline. I have a sound studio with a voice analyzer. I've replayed the Biden comment. There is a definitive, plosive "t" following "bea..." that is completely distinguishable from the next plosive "B," as in "...iden."
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@fauxlaw
Don't forget how he vowed that he would NOT end fracking.

Biden said the Trump had mismanaged covid and that the people who died under Trump's administration were his fault.

Now, even with Trump's miracle speed on getting a vaccine, Biden says it will get worse before it gets better. Had Trump not been cheated out of his win, Biden would have blamed the "getting worse" on Trump.

Biden led us to believe he and his team would get cracking on covid on the first day, and that unlike Trump, he had a real plan. All lies. He had nothing. He's done nothing except rejoin the WHO, ensuring that our money will now go to places like Togo and Yemen, instead of Topeka and Yosemite. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Biden killed 4000 Americans today. Impeach him!
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
The right wing is a series of circular logic in and endless loop and confirmation bias. The ad hominem isn't even the real issue.

"This is the case because we say it's the case, of you say it's not then you're brainwashed by the MSM!" 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
Now, even with Trump's miracle speed on getting a vaccine, Biden says it will get worse before it gets better. Had Trump not been cheated out of his win, Biden would have blamed the "getting worse" on Trump.
We're already doing that, because it is his fault. The vaccine production went really well. But Trump put absolutely no plan in place for distributing the vaccine and now it has turned into a train wreck trying to get it actually distributed. Biden now has to try to straighten out this colossal fuck up. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Lol. And Trump benefited from the Obama great economy. If TDS was fatal, Dart would be suffering a membership downswing.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
Lol. And Trump benefited from the Obama great economy. 
of course he did. Obama inherited a mess from Bush. Under Obama the economy improved a great deal. Trump certainly profited from that. 

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
Under Obama the economy improved a great deal. 
That is only ordinarily true, and mostly by artificial means:

1. While it appears by surface-looking only that Oba'a added 10,000 points to the DJIA, the deeper look reveals that it also lost 6,000 points over time during the Oba'a admin, for a net yield of only 4,000 points. Over eight years, that is a dismally ordinary accomplishment.
2. These gains were not due to market growth under its own steam, but by quantitative easement [QE] which artificially boosted the market briefly, but each QE infusion [which was begun by Bush anyway, and not an Oba'a original idea], but because the market was not sustaining its own growth, the boost quickly deflated. The resulting roller coaster effect to the market is a trademark of government interference in the free market, thus demonstrating the gross 6,000 point loss during Oba'a. He should have had,  were his increase really market-driven, rather than gov't-drivenn a net increase of nearly 16,000 points, but did not due to the temporary effects of QE.

Therefore, Trump had nothing of which to take advantage, as you and many of your prog cohorts claim, unless Trump continued QE. He did not. He de-regulated, allowing market forces to develop their own steam, which it always does left to its own motivation. Which is why, rather than a roller coaster for eight years, you effectively saw continuous climb, until Covid came calling - a factor the market could not anticipate. Even so, you've still seen DJIA top 30,000 points, effectively, an 11,000 point increase in four years.

If one knew anything about financial market history, any Buff would know this.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
When Trump said his economy would break the 4.0 barrier, you and Obama laughed. Reality challenged people don't laugh last. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
When Trump said his economy would break the 4.0 barrier, you and Obama laughed. Reality challenged people don't laugh last.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Trump didn't do anything to help the economy. I suppose you could argue that handing out shit tons of money to the rich and corporations helped. But that is sort of the same as dumping gasoline on a fire. Yeah, you make the fire bigger for a short period. But there is no long term benefit to it. It is a flash and then it's gone. And that flash cost billions and billions of dollars in increased debt. Taxes have to go back up to plug the massive hole Trump punched in the US' finances.