TheMelioist
here are some biblical problems with young-earth creationism:

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@TheMelioist
Hi and thanks for the youtube clip. 

Unfortunately, it does not assist me in my thinking of the age of the earth. 

I think every one of his suggested problems for YEC, were known to me and does not provide new information for me to change my view. 

I don't take a literal position of Genesis and never have.  I do support a natural reading of it.  I do not think God created man immortal and have argued this on this site. 

I think Jeremiah picking up on Creation language is normal.  It is a picture of de- creation. 

I found most of it - almost strawman like.  When people talk of literal, mostly they are talking more against the notion that a word can mean anything you want too.  Most people reading the bible would accept that words can be used metaphorically.  But metaphorically and symbolically are normal uses of language.  Yet, interpretation is not up for grabs- it must be sola scriptura. Of course our Orthodox Church friends might not agree.   

Interestingly, the author of the video does not pick up on the vav consecutive used in Hebrew language. It is a language cue much like his toredeth - generations. It is a cue which enables readers to identify a particular genre. The genre it identifies is historical narrative. This is a significant problem for the author yet omitted. Naturally of course because he was picking up on problems of YEC. Yet, it is a little dishonest as well.

Thanks however - i have several John Walton books. 
TheMelioist
Debates: 0
TheMelioist
-->
@Tradesecret
Thank you for your post.

Interestingly, the author of the video does not pick up on the vav consecutive used in Hebrew language. It is a language cue much like his toredeth - generations. It is a cue which enables readers to identify a particular genre. The genre it identifies is historical narrative. 

I'm am honestly not an expert on the Hebrew language or hermeneutics. I try my best to watch or read what I can that may further educate me on the subject. For example, unlike you, I don't own any books on the subject. 

Thank you for your response and I will think about the video, and how it may or may not be an actual problem for the Young Earth view.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheMelioist
Books are books.

And thoughts are thoughts 

And books are the product of thought and ideas.

And young earth creationism or not, is variously considered and rendered to a narrative.

Wherein lies the problem?