Flat Earth...

Author: Grugore

Total: 353
Grugore
Debates: 1
Grugore
I'm really tired of these idiots who believe the Earth is flat. So I'm gonna end the argument right here and now.
If the Earth is flat, then I should be able to travel in any direction and reach the edge. No one has ever done this. If they have, then they should be able to give us directions on how to get there. Should be a popular tourist destination. Dinner at the edge of the world. Lol anyone? 

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
You only think you are traveling in a straight line, you are actually traveling in circles on a flat plain
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@sadolite
You believe in it too or were you explaining to him? Either way this is the correct comeback to bullies like this guy.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Grugore
What do you think the "center" of Antarctica is? There's your edge.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Grugore
I need to watch what I type because of what the authorities will do to silence me if I prove too much but let's just say NASA and Roscosmos run all Antarctic research and permissions to travel if past around eleven kilometres into it.
Grugore
Grugore
-->
@RationalMadman
If the Earth is flat then why do we see two different sets of stars in the northern and southern hemispheres? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Grugore
Actually that's an argument against round earth. If the stars are not dots in a screen just outside of the sky and are instead not maps of destiny or anything programmed but massive fireballs far far away, it should mean you end up seeing the same all over Earth. You probably think that we should be able to see Mount Everest all around the world as well as the "whole sky" at once (assuming the sky is domed at all and isn't an endless ceiling that never touches the ground meaning Antarctica extends out 360 degrees nearly infinitely if not entirely so). The issue is a visual phenomenon known as refraction of eyesight. There's a maximum of what you can see even if what you stare at is endless, your eyes force a horizon to be observed. This is already proven beyond any dispute in short sightedness vs long sightedness, ask any optometrist, the short sightedness extreme of humanity physically is perceiving the sky to meet the ground further back (if no buildings or high rise structure obscure the line of Vision then it's more pronounced how severely further back) then people who are very long sighted. They physically see the Earth curving on a plane (as in "curving down off the edge of eyesight") further back into the like of what's seen than their long sighted counterparts. This would imply it's vision limiting Ys to see the same stars in a distantaner from the north as from the south but that's not all.
Since the entire southern hemisphere (ironic name to use as the Earth isn't a sphere in what I'm describing) is a lie in terms of proportion and amount of sky covering it being around Sven times larger at the most south of the world than what were told, the stretch and stars seen are able to be severely varied and different unless it were that stars are actually tiny sparkly destiny indicators or something else that's supernatural which are able to move around the sky such that when night hits a certain area they appear similar across the south. If you actually look into what you're asking and the details of stars, it will reveal to you how the North is much smaller than the most south in terms of size of sky not just land of course.

What you'll find also is that all high tech space research is being done in the northern hemisphere. Despite how developed it is, Australia cannot really compare let alone highly investigate anything it discovers in the south with someone in South America or Africa as "coincidentally" those nations are always too poor or stricken with war drama to ever have time or resources to look into "space".

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Grugore
I'm really tired of these idiots who believe the Earth is flat.

Unfortunately, there is no reasoning with flat earth proponents, these are folks who are beyond help. If there were a gauge for intelligence, flat earth proponents would set the bar for stupidity and delusion. Many of them are psychotic paranoids believing the authorities will do something to them if they talk about it. It's best to ignore their rants and just laugh at them.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
It's best to ignore their rants and just laugh at them.
This is what I do with the people who would rather laugh at people they see as mentally ill than help them, which is what the round-earth bullies like you do to people you see as in need of help.

Goldtop
Goldtop
What do you think the "center" of Antarctica is? There's your edge.

Here's a travel guide for the Antarctica, one of many. Flights leave daily, cruise ships too. Go an visit there to alleviate your ignorance.

Goldtop
Goldtop
round-earth bullies

No one is bullying you. In fact, I tried to explain a few facts to you in another thread and all you managed to respond was something about God. That would make you a troll.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
Enlighten us as to how far in you can go on said trips
Goldtop
Goldtop
Enlighten us as to how far in you can go on said trips
I understand completely how difficult it is for flat earth proponents to look something up and try to understand how the world around them works, even when a link is provided for them to peruse at their leisure, for some reason they still don't bother to read what's put right in front of them.

So, are you going to admit you're not being bullied?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
No and I have got mods involved, that's not a threat just a fact.

I am being bullied and you bully others too. On top of that you avoided the most vital piece of what I said that you have yet to prove wrong. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
You've provided the usual nonsense, but I see nothing vital.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
What you see is as relevant to what is true as whether or not Obama ate Mayonnaise on his sandwich this morning is relevant to Trump being President or not.
disgusted
disgusted
@mad
Have you discussed this with Napoleon?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
Unfortunately he is dead.
disgusted
disgusted
@mad
SURELY he's a fellow inmate.
Goldtop
Goldtop
What you see is as relevant to what is true as whether or not Obama ate Mayonnaise on his sandwich this morning is relevant to Trump being President or not.
Another troll comment. It's funny how you cry about being bullied but you have no problem being a troll.

Goldtop
Goldtop
The issue is a visual phenomenon known as refraction of eyesight.  ask any optometrist,
This is not a thing, it's a fabrication. Flat earth proponents are forced to make up all kinds of ridiculous nonsense in order to feed their delusions. Sane optometrists would laugh at this.

Grugore
Grugore
-->
@Goldtop
I've seen plenty of ships appear from and disappear over the horizon. That is not an optical illusion. The Earth is round. There can be no doubt about it in any sane mind. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Grugore
sane mind
You have hit the proverbial nail on the head. This is something lacking with flat earth proponents.
sadolite
sadolite
I personally could not prove the earth is not flat. Sure I could use a bunch of other people's words and mathematical equations and theories but me personally I have never seen the earth other than it being flat everywhere i look, even 30,000 feet in the air. It still looks flat as far as the eye can see.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
People who believe in flat earth are people who failed science class and were salty
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Grugore

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Flat Earth...

Totally not a straight faced practical joke perpetuated by Discordians in order to demonstrate how easy it is to prove anything to someone with convincing enough sounding arguments.

NASA Earth images are all composites.COINCIDENCE OR CONSPIRACY!?

There is only one option.... for science, we must build a GIANT ROCKET and fly into space to find out for ourselves just WHAT BE GOIN ON with this shape o da globe business.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEFNORD
Goldtop
Goldtop

Flat earthers don't know how to explain their irrational beliefs, so they lead with an onslaught of youtube videos from other flat earthers who pretend to do experiments. Take the clown in the second link attempting to do an experiment on a tennis court that is somehow supposed to represent the distances required to observe curvature on the earth. We hope the youtuber gets the necessary professional help he so sorely needs. He does however represent the usual level of intellectual prowess other flat earth youtubers exhibit.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Mopac
There is only one option.... for science, we must build a GIANT ROCKET and fly into space to find out for ourselves just WHAT BE GOIN ON with this shape o da globe business.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEFNORD
He almost seriously hurt himself doing that. Rocket science is not easy and manned rocket flight is definitely not for amateurs. People can believe whatever they want, but when they start endangering their lives over it I begin to get troubled.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Who instigated the deception and why?