No Show.

Author: Stephen

Total: 345
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
  • However, Irenaeus who claimed the book of Revelation was written at the close of the reign of Domitian ( A.D. 81—96) and Victorinus confirmed this date in the third century, as did Eusebius (263-340), then since the book was written AFTER AD 70, it could hardly have been referring to events that would be fulfilled in A.D. 70!  2+2=4. oil and water don't mix, and the Satanic Preterist fool PGA2.0 continues the fraud of his faith!

It is for facts such as those  you mention above and the one I have mentioned that I was hoping PGA2.0 would indeed create his own thread explaining to myself and the rest of Christendom all about Jesus' return in AD 66-70 and his role in the fall of Jerusalem. 

Did you read that other  biblical/Josephus coincidence that I alluded to earlier , Brother?#66

You may have missed it as PGA2.0 buried it rather quickly under a pile of irrelevant nonsense.

Just in case you missed it:
Brother, through all of your years of dogged bible and religious study and years of religious training and preaching do you recall reading that other extremely coincidental story left to us  from  the Jewish historian Flavius Josephus concerning three of his friends?  I know you are a busy man so please allow me to remind you.

And when I was sent by Titus Caesar with Cerealins, and a thousand horsemen, to a certain village called Thecoa, in order to know whether it were a place fit for a camp, as
I came back, I saw many captives crucified,      and remembered three of them as my former acquaintance.

I was very sorry at this in my mind, and went with tears in my eyes to Titus, and told him of them; so he immediately commanded them to betaken down, and to have the greatest care taken of them, in order to their recovery; yet two of them died under the physician's hands,while the third recovered”.

So here above Josephus asked Titus in person to have his friends taken down and spared, this was when Vespasian was Emperor. Now we read from John’s gospel;

And after this Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus:and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus”. John 19:38-42.KJV

But this ` coincidental '  story doesn't end there.   If you recall Brother, the two brigands hanging next to the biblical Jesus at his crucifixion didn't make it either but Jesus, just as with Josephus' friend, recovered too.

What do you think Brother? What an amazing coincidence, eh!!!!? 

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@PGA2.0

Stephen,

As we can see thus far, the Satanic PGA2.0 is MIA and we can only wonder if he will return in the same manner that FAUXLAW, TRADESECRET and ETHANG5 did by NOT returning to their embarrassing threads, as if we're not to notice this embarrassing fact regarding their faith!

Well Stephen, PGA2.0 has RUN AWAY from you and your request of him finding his big boy pants and creating a thread upon Jesus returning in 66-70 AD.  The minion of Satan PGA2.0 has run away from me as well after he challenged me to discussion, and when I accepted, HE RAN AWAY WHIMPERING AND CRYING TO HIDE! LOL

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen
He is not a great thinker is he, Brother?  PGA2.0`s belief that the Christ had already kept his promise to return on a cloud in AD 66-70 [a] I am sure can be debunked with just one example of many from scripture itself. 

[b] Take for instance  2 Thessalonians 2: 3- "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;".

Do you see that right there Brother? 

[c] Falling away from what?  The facts are that  there  were no established christian church to "fall away" from and not [d] a single Christian was involved in the siege of Jerusalem. 

Jesus had his Jewish support from all quarters. which included rich and influential men and women supporters of the cause.  Men/women on the inside of the Jewish authorities and serving in Herod's palaces.  Women supporting them of their substances, massive support  from the heartland of the zealots in Galilee, but does he ever once call them "Christians"? [e] Answer to that is NO! Not a single author of the four gospels ever mentions the word  - Christian.

So again, [f] what was there a falling away from? When did the great Christian apostacy happen? It didn't . [g] In fact the Christian church grew massively and eventually became the state religion of Rome!  Does that sound like a great "falling away from the CHRISTIAN church, Brother?

And for all the whaling and stamping of feet  coming from PGA2.0, it is interesting too that like the many different Christian sects can't  a agree with one part of scripture or another, [h] preterist can't actually agree among themselves  concerning the time second coming. 
I can't believe how bewildering your teaching is and how well you ignore what Scripture teaches. To be blunt, IMO, you speak of things you either have very little knowledge of, or your purpose is to deceive others due to your great bias and hatred of Christianity. When pushed to explain yourself, you make your feeble excuses and ad hominem attacks against my character and my inability to think (attack the man) rather than address the arguments themselves. 

[a] Debunked, you say? Okay, let's examine what you have written concerning the falling away.

[b] 2 Thessalonians, just like all of Paul's epistles, contains an expounding of the prophecies of the Olivet Discourse and the falling away or great apostasy (Matthew 24:10-12). Don K Preston wrote a book on the similarities between 1 Thessalonians and the Olivet Discourse in which he lists them, one by one. I can list the similarities, one by one (p. 183-184). 2 Thessalonians is written to a church. (so that you know) Many of the same themes of apostasy are present in the other churches Paul writes to.  These themes concern a particular sign spoken of by Jesus before His Second Coming, and that sign is present when Paul is writing his epistles. That should tell you something, Stephen, of when that time was to be. 

[c] You are not paying attention again. You don't know what "the falling away" is? Who is Paul writing to? Answer, for your information, the church of the Thessalonians. Who does Paul address most of his epistles to? To churches! The author of Hebrews makes it plain that some of the Hebrews who have put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ were in danger of falling away or turning back to Judaism. The author of Hebrews makes plain to these in danger that Christ Jesus is superior to Judaism and the OT law and sacrificial system in every way. He makes it plain to THEM, in the 1st-century, that the OT system of worship is about to disappear and be replaced totally with the better way. 

[d] Jesus told them beforehand when they saw Jerusalem surrounded to flee to the countryside. Other historical documents reveal many fleed to Pella. 

[e] Why? Because the word Christian (follower of Christ) was first used many years later than Jesus teaching at Antioch. Every one of the apostles professed the name of Yeshua, the Moshiach/Messiah, or who we call Jesus, the Christ in English.

[f] It was a falling away from believing in the one name under heaven by which a person can be saved. The Jews who heard the message and started to believe were influenced by their fellow countrymen (Jews) to return to Judaism. 

[g] It happened during the reign of Nero. There was a persecution of Christian at that time by Nero and the Jews, and what with the pressure of the Jews and Romans, many turned away from the faith in the Lord, the Messiah. I can provide documentation on all I claim. That would be in other posts. This is just answering your rubbish claims. 

[h] There is a distinction between full preterism and partial preterism. A full preterist agrees that all of Scripture has been fulfilled and can give such beliefs a good reason. 

I will address the rest of your post another day since I am finishing the last round of my debate. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PGA2.0
I see that you are still no closer to creating a thread of your own and your belief that Jesus has already kept his promise and did so - according to only you -  in fact return in AD 66-70.  Its probably just as wise not to, considering that you have offered nothing in the way of proof on my thread.

How often do I have to explain to you that quoting cherry picked unreliable verse from the same unreliable ambiguous scripture do not serve as any kind of proof  that Jesus returned from the dead and was alive in  in AD 66-70? and neither does making up bullshit about the works of Flavius Josephus which I have read and studied in its entirety. It a brilliant piece of work thanks to the Romans that patronised it.

or your purpose is to deceive others due to your great bias and hatred of Christianity. 

How can I deceive others? I simply scrutinise and  ask questions about the scriptures and quote scripture verbatim!

So Let me just remind you of a few things, shall I?  The Messiah  as promised, ( in this case Jesus) didn't achieve a single thing that  was prophesied he was supposed to achieve while he was alive.  Now, the usual christian apologetic excuse for this miserable failure to fulfill the prophesies was because  "all this was to be achieved in the second coming". 

Now if as you say Jesus the Messiah had returned in AD 66_70 , then he also failed again to fulfill those prophesies. Lets have a quick look at a few of them shall we?

Isaiah 43:5-6.       Gathering all the diaspora (scattered)Jews from around the globe back to Jerusalem.  FAIL!  And failed twice if you are to be believed.

Zechariah 14:9   The god of the Hebrews will be followed universally uniting humanity as one. FAIL!  And failed twice if you are to be believed.

Isaiah 2:4             Usher in a world peace, ending all suffering oppression and illnesses.   FAIL!   And failed twice if you are to be believed.

Ezekiel 37:26-28  Build a third temple.   FAIL!  And failed twice if you are to be believed.

The messiah or as the Jews have it the "Mashiach" is anointed into the service of god to do gods work and part of that work was to achieve all of the above . And he failed. Just like you have failed to prove anything you have claimed. 

And as far as I remember reading, some 200 out of the 613 mitzvot (commandments) in the Jews bible or Torah cannot be performed without a Temple. I believe I have also read that the Jews in Israel today have all the stones cut and ready to put in place when the Jewish messiah arrives- he hasn't arrived yet you see. And they should know, being Jews as was Jesus.

If anyone achieved anything or part of the OT prophesise it was Polish Jew David Ben-Gurion,1886 _  1973 who played a massive part in the re-establishment of the State of Israel in 1948..

how well you ignore what Scripture teaches. 

Nope. that will be you sunshine. I too could do the same the shows he hasn't and didn't. In fact I quoted one particular verse that clearly shows that there had been no"falling away" or great apostacy but a giant surge in Jew and christian populations since AD 66.  Although Christianity, I believe has had its day and is on the way out. Maybe we are in the end times right now?

Or your purpose is to deceive others due to your great bias and hatred of Christianity.

Well, that is just your opinion of me. It counts for nothing and it is wrong. I don't care if there is or is not a god. I don't care that you have a belief. Christianity affects my life in absolutely any way and neither do Christians. 

What does interest me , indeed fascinate me, are the scriptures and the New Testament in particular.

So it is what you have faith IN  that I am scrutinizing and questioning and it seems to be getting right up your hooter.

I have said many times now that I personally believe that there is an underlying story to these scriptures that slowly reveals itself once the surface has been tested and scratched . And certainly a different story entirely to the bullshit that  you like to preach and teach and "merely pass on".

You don't know what "the falling away" is?

Oh but I do, and it didn't happen after the fall of Jerusalem in AD70.    I have said, I believe there is a "great falling away"  going on right now, within the Christian churches especially in the western world.  In fact I created a thread dedicated to the great falling away, with clear supporting statistical evidence here>>

Christianity won't be # 1 much longer.

[h] There is a distinction between full preterism and partial preterism. A full preterist agrees that all of Scripture has been fulfilled and can give such beliefs a good reason

Of course there is dear. Of course there is.  Just like there are Christians that believe only some of the bible and some believe it in its entirety.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@PGA2.0

++++++++++++++  PGA2.0, CREATE A THREAD OF YOUR SATANIC FAITH'S CONCLUSION OF JESUS ALREADY RETURNED IN AD 66-70!!!!  ++++++++++++

IF YOU CANNOT PERFORM THIS SIMPLE TASK, THEN YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF YOUR FAITH BECAUSE YOU CANNOT DEFEND IT AS JESUS SAYS BELOW!

JESUS SAID: "He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it." (Titus 1:9)  You continue to slap Jesus in the face by not bringing forth said thread's topic shown above at your pathetic expense!

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen

They will have it that virtually the whole of the apocalypse was fulfilled by A.D. 70 with  the invading Roman armies and the fall of Jerusalem, while others have it that the promised return happened with the fall of Rome A.D. 476! 
Again, you don't understand the covenant Israel made with God, the covenant they all agreed to (Exodus 24:3,7). The blessings and curses (Deuteronomy 28) would apply to Israel once they reached the measure of their sins (Matthew 23:32; Zechariah 12:2; Isaiah 51:17). 

AD 70 fulfills those curses, as per the warnings of Jesus (Matthew 23-24), John the Baptist (Matthew 3:7-10), and the apostle's teaching (1 Thessalonians 2:16). 

Jesus made it plain that not one iota of the Law or the prophets (prophetic fulfillment) would pass away until everything in both was completed/fulfilled. 

17 “Do not presume that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not [a]the smallest letter or stroke of a letter shall pass from the Law, until all is accomplished!

What is the case after AD 70? 
1. No more priesthood to apply the atonement of sin or mediate between the people and God. 
2. No more animal sacrifices. 
3. No more temple.
4. No more city of God.
5. No more feast days.
6. No more genealogical records (destroyed with the temple).
7. The people were taken captive and dispersed to all corners of the known world.
8. The possibility of fulfilling the OT prophecies about the Messiah, promised to the covenant people, vanished after AD 70. That is because it is already fulfilled. The Messiah came and fulfilled all OT prophecies that up to the time of His coming still lacked fulfillment completing the list in AD 70. 

What was said of the new covenant between God and His people is now established forever. It is sealed in the blood atonement of the Messiah, a one-time sacrifice for all time, sufficient so that no other atonement is necessary!

Jeremiah 31:31-34 (NASB)
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers on the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “For this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord: “I will put My law within them and write it on their heart; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their wrongdoing, and their sin I will no longer remember.

Happened under the Lord Jesus Christ. He was the atonement needed. (Hebrews 9:23-28)

Brother, if  Revelation and  Matthew 24:7 and Luke 21:11 are ever to fit a time and place in human history then today would be that time. IMHO.
The 1st-century meets all the requirements of these verses.

Matthew 24:7 (NASB)
7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

Luke 21:11 (NASB)
11 and there will be [a]massive earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrible sights and great [b]signs from heaven.

These signs were all noted by your friend, Josephus as being fulfilled up to and during the siege on Jerusalem in AD 70. Note the title of his writing, The Wars of the Jews

In the Preface of The Wars of the Jews, he said this:

PREFACE
1. 1 Whereas the war which the Jews made with the Romans hath been the greatest of all those, not only that have been in our times, but, in a manner, of those that ever were heard of; both of those wherein cities have fought against cities, or nations against nations; while some men who were not concerned in the affairs themselves have gotten together vain and contradictory stories by hearsay, and have written them down after a sophistical manner; and while those that were there present have given false accounts of things, and this either out of a humor of flattery to the Romans, or of hatred towards the Jews; and while their writings contain sometimes accusations, and sometimes encomiums, but no where the accurate truth of the facts; I have proposed to myself, for the sake of such as live under the government of the Romans, to translate those books into the Greek tongue, which I formerly composed in the language of our country, and sent to the Upper Barbarians; 2 Joseph, the son of Matthias, by birth a Hebrew, a priest also, and one who at first fought against the Romans myself, and was forced to be present at what was done afterwards, [am the author of this work].

4. However, I will not go to the other extreme, out of opposition to those men who extol the Romans nor will I determine to raise the actions of my countrymen too high; but I will prosecute the actions of both parties with accuracy. Yet shall I suit my language to the passions I am under, as to the affairs I describe, and must be allowed to indulge some lamentations upon the miseries undergone by my own country. For that it was a seditious temper of our own that destroyed it, and that they were the tyrants among the Jews who brought the Roman power upon us, who unwillingly attacked us, and occasioned the burning of our holy temple, Titus Caesar, who destroyed it, is himself a witness, who, during the entire war, pitied the people who were kept under by the seditious, and did often voluntarily delay the taking of the city, and allowed time to the siege, in order to let the authors have opportunity for repentance. But if any one makes an unjust accusation against us, when we speak so passionately about the tyrants, or the robbers, or sorely bewail the misfortunes of our country, let him indulge my affections herein, though it be contrary to the rules for writing history; because it had so come to pass, that our city Jerusalem had arrived at a higher degree of felicity than any other city under the Roman government, and yet at last fell into the sorest of calamities again. Accordingly, it appears to me that the misfortunes of all men, from the beginning of the world, if they be compared to these of the Jews 3 are not so considerable as they were; while the authors of them were not foreigners neither. This makes it impossible for me to contain my lamentations. But if any one be inflexible in his censures of me, let him attribute the facts themselves to the historical part, and the lamentations to the writer himself only.

Sound familiar? 

For thethere will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will again.

Again, Matthew 24 describes the signs to look for before Jesus' Second Coming. I could go through each one and show you where Josephus makes note of it, but that would take a lot of time. 

Preface continued:

11. After this, I shall relate the barbarity of the tyrants towards the people of their own nation, as well as the indulgence of the Romans in sparing foreigners; and how often Titus, out of his desire to preserve the city and the temple, invited the seditious to come to terms of accommodation. I shall also distinguish the sufferings of the people, and their calamities; how far they were afflicted by the sedition, and how far by the famine, and at length were taken. Nor shall I omit to mention the misfortunes of the deserters, nor the punishments inflicted on the captives; as also how the temple was burnt, against the consent of Caesar; and how many sacred things that had been laid up in the temple were snatched out of the fire; the destruction also of the entire city, with the signs and wonders that went before it; and the taking the tyrants captives, and the multitude of those that were made slaves, and into what different misfortunes they were every one distributed. Moreover, what the Romans did to the remains of the wall; and how they demolished the strong holds that were in the country; and how Titus went over the whole country, and settled its affairs; together with his return into Italy, and his triumph.

The evidence is in my favour, not yours. Your knowledge of Scripture and what went on is proving to be paltry. 

Stephen
Stephen
Again, you don't understand the covenant Israel made with God,

And again you have ignored what was expected from the promised  messiah as prophesised in the Old Testament that you cannot help but keep referring to.

Here,  let me list again some of those requirements that were prophesised  in the Old Testament about the promised "messiah" according to YOU! Christians.

Now if as you say Jesus the Messiah had returned in AD 66_70 , then he also failed again to fulfill those prophesies. Lets have a quick look at a few of them shall we?

Isaiah 43:5-6.       Gathering all the diaspora (scattered)Jews from around the globe back to Jerusalem.  FAIL!  And failed twice if you are to be believed.

Zechariah 14:9   The god of the Hebrews will be followed universally uniting humanity as one. FAIL!  And failed twice if you are to be believed.

Isaiah 2:4             Usher in a world peace, ending all suffering oppression and illnesses.   FAIL!   And failed twice if you are to be believed.

Ezekiel 37:26-28  Build a third temple.   FAIL!  And failed twice if you are to be believed.

The evidence is in my favour, not yours. 

Only in that tiny pea of yours, princess. There are millions of Christians, not to mention atheists, that disagree with you and they can also produce just as many if not more biblical verses that "prove" Jesus has not returned yet but his presence is imminent".

And to clear up your view of what I said, He was crucified, died, rose again from the dead three days later, spent 40 days with the disciples, then ascended into heaven to be with the Father and returned in judgment 40 years later on these OT people.
Yes I understand your claim. I don't believe it.  And neither do millions of Christians around the world.  Are they stupid for believing Jesus` return is imminent NOW!!! ?

You post thread after thread that ad hominem Christians and mock Christianity, calling us stupid ...

There are millions of Christians that believe the second coming of Jesus is imminent, are they stupid?

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen
Again, you don't understand the covenant Israel made with God,

And again you have ignored what was expected from the promised  messiah as prophesised in the Old Testament that you cannot help but keep referring to.
No, I have not ignored anything. You do not understand the spiritual. 

We also speak these things, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.

But a natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

But the one who is spiritual discerns all things, yet he himself is discerned by no one.

and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ.

it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

We are born as physical beings into a physical world. To be with God, we are born again spiritually. In Eden, Adam lost that intimate fellowship with God. In the Second Adam (Jesus Christ), that fellowship is renewed. The physical and spiritual bodies are different.  

You, as an unbeliever, try to understand everything through your natural eyes and natural mind/understanding. You do not see the spiritual, and when someone points that out to you, then you deny it. 

However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.

The natural comes first, not the spiritual. Jesus said that no one could see or enter the kingdom unless they are born again. The OT is a physical history of Israel but it contains typology and the greater spiritual truths in that it all points to Jesus Christ. What is said of God in the OT is applied to Jesus Christ in the NT. You do not have eyes to see.

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,

Christians have a blessing that you understand very little if anything of. 

For this reason we also, since the day we heard about it, have not ceased praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,

you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices that are acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

That is the third temple spoken of in the OT. Each Christian forms the building blocks of such a temple. 

Those in the OT were looking for a spiritual country, a spiritual city, a spiritual land, a heavenly country where God resides in Spirit. 

But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.

And Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted.

Second Coming Foretold ] Now He was questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, and He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God is not coming with signs that can be observed;

nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

So you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near.

Jesus responded and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.”

Can you understand that? Is your brain able to comprehend these things? Jesus' kingdom is not of this realm. The OT points to it and speaks of it. I will get into your chosen verses next after my errand is finished. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PGA2.0
. You do not understand the spiritual. 

I see.  So you are now  flipping everything from the factual to the " only spiritual".  So where is the " peace on earth" , that is to be ushered in?  Where is the " relief from sickness and starvation for the people of the earth"?  Will that only be happening in the world of spirits too?  Like Peter,  Your are full of shite and I keep telling you; that cherry picked verses to suit your belief, already returned Christ,  do not make..  

Your own bible tells us that he hadn't returned by the time "this generation had passed" as he promised.

And when the population started to wake up realising there had been no return as promised because the people of the time of THE  promise HAD  DIED  and nothing had changes and all was it was as before,  they confronted Peter about it Here>>>

2Peter 3:4 “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

So Peter, the biblically  PROVEN  unreliable and untrustworthy lying turncoat and betrayer and  apologists Peter thought up this piece of bullshit?

" But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 2 Peter3:8. 

There is no getting away from it. Your boy failed on his promise and the people of the time hadn't forgot either. They understood this promise and when it was supposed to be fulfilled , much more than YOU and other Preterists  would ever know.  You make it up as you go as do many other Christians when trying to explain away the anomalous, ambiguous stories and sayings that make up these unreliable scriptures.

You post thread after thread that ad hominem Christians and mock Christianity, calling us stupid ...

There are millions of Christians that believe the second coming of Jesus is imminent, are they stupid?

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen
Please note anyone reading this thread, Stephen seldom does any expounding on texts/verses I issue, he just moves on to his next pet verses and talking point because he is unable. The texts contradict what he is preaching.

In Post 96, he ignored my points and Scripture, just moved on as usual. The same with Post 98. He resorted to 2 Peter 3:4, 8. In upcoming posts, I will deal with that chapter in greater detail, exposing the bankruptcy of his view.   

Stephen
Stephen
Please note anyone reading this thread, Stephen seldom does any expounding on texts/verses I issue, he just moves on to his next pet verses and talking point because he is unable.

The texts contradict what he is preaching.

I haven't had to move on anything  at all.  And the   BIBLICAL text agree with me.

You believe you have proved something i.e. that Jesus kept his promise and has returned. You haven't provided a single piece of proof to support your claim. The bible also says he didn't return when he promised to return..

Jesus promised that some of those hearing his promise to return and a generation would NOT pass away BEFORE witnessing his return.

>>>>>“Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom”. Matthew16: 27-28.

THE BIBLE shows this didn't happen. HERE>>>

2Peter 3:4 “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

So Peter, the biblically  PROVEN  unreliable and untrustworthy lying turncoat and betrayer and  apologists Peter,  thought up this piece of bullshit?

" But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 2 Peter3:8. 

AND ACCORDING TO MILLIONS OF CHRSITIANS HE HASN'T RETURNED YET EITHER. !!!!! 

What ever is the matter with you man.? Are the scriptures so unreliable that YOU say he has returned while millions of Christians say he has not BUT,  his return is imminent!!!?

You can go around in circles for as long as you like but you have much proving to do to debunk those millions of Christians AND THE BIBLE that Jesus has already returned.

In Post 96, he ignored my points and Scripture, just moved on as usual.

They wasn't points. They were unreliable verses  from the same unreliable source that prove nothing. And I haven't had to move on at all. Those verses that show Jesus didn't return when he promised are still there proving MY case while debunking yours. Get over it princess. If the bible is the word of god you have to accept it, contradictions an'all. 

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen
Please note anyone reading this thread, Stephen seldom does any expounding on texts/verses I issue, he just moves on to his next pet verses and talking point because he is unable.

I haven't had to move on anything  at all.  And the   BIBLICAL text agree with me.
Not at all. You fail to identify how the Father came in His glory in the OT. I documented that coming. Jesus said He would come in like manner. That blows your little popsicle stand off the map. 

How does "this generation" agree with you? What age was Jesus speaking of? He lists two, "this age" He was in and the age to come. 
How would the destruction of the temple and abandonment of the priesthood affect OT Israel's relationship with God?

You believe you have proved something i.e. that Jesus kept his promise and has returned. You haven't provided a single piece of proof to support your claim. The bible also says he didn't return when he promised to return.
I gave you Scripture. Jesus' disciples wanted to know when the temple would be desolated, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the [a]end of the age?” Matthew 24:3

1. When will no stone be left unturned?
2. What would be the signs of His coming?
3. What would be the signs of the end of the age. 

Jesus told the disciples, with verse 4 onwards. Do you want to do a checklist of whether those things took place or not? I already showed you that Josephus recorded a nation rising against nation, kingdom against kingdom, famines, and earthquakes. What was Josephus' word's in the Preface to the Wars of the Jews?

Let me remind you.

"the war which the Jews made with the Romans hath been the greatest of all those, not only that have been in our times, but, in a manner, of those that ever were heard of; both of those wherein cities have fought against cities, or nations against nations;"

And,

"it appears to me that the misfortunes of all men, from the beginning of the world if they are compared to these of the Jews 3 are not so considerable as they were"

And what did Jesus say before the words of Josephus? 

For then, there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will again.

Do you understand the tribulation and how it affected Israel? You should. You say you read Josephus. I can break down the tribulation further for you if you don't know. And, do you know that Jesus is taking from the prophecy of Daniel when He speaks of this great tribulation like no other. Once again, prophecy is fulfilled.

Daniel 12
12 “Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time. At that time, your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued. 2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting [a]contempt. 3 And [b]those who have insight will shine like the glow of the [c]expanse of heaven, and those who [d]lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. 4 But as for you, Daniel, keep these words secret and seal up the book until the end of time; many will roam about, and knowledge will increase.”

What Daniel was told to seal up, Jesus is telling His disciples will happen to that generation. 

I will deal with the rest of your post where you get into 2 Peter 3 again after an errand. 

In Post 96, he ignored my points and Scripture, just moved on as usual.

They wasn't points. They were unreliable verses  from the same unreliable source that prove nothing. And I haven't had to move on at all. Those verses that show Jesus didn't return when he promised are still there proving MY case while debunking yours. Get over it princess. If the bible is the word of god you have to accept it, contradictions an'all. 
Bull. What you pull is the oldest propaganda trick going. By repeating your lie long enough, you think that makes it true, at least to those who are not willing to think the issue through, ignoring what Scripture teaches.
Stephen
Stephen

I haven't had to move on anything  at all.  And the   BIBLICAL text agree with me.
Not at all. You fail to identify how the Father came in His glory in the OT. [....................................]oldest propaganda trick going

No. No. No!  You have to admit that even Peter, not to mention those that took him to task admitted that the Christ hadn't return and this is the reason he   was forced to move the goal posts from  " a generation "  to a thousand years!<<<<< this is the "oldest propaganda trick" that has been peddled for TWO THOUSAND YEARS!!!!

And I see that you are still no closer to starting your own thread .. 

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen

Not at all. You fail to identify how the Father came in His glory in the OT. [....................................]oldest propaganda trick going

No. No. No!  You have to admit that even Peter, not to mention those that took him to task admitted that the Christ hadn't return and this is the reason he   was forced to move the goal posts from  " a generation "  to a thousand years!<<<<< this is the "oldest propaganda trick" that has been peddled for TWO THOUSAND YEARS!!!!

You made a claim, "No show." You keep trying to create a narrative by repetition, posting one verse repeatedly as if that makes your point.

I'm just showing others how little you understand of His coming in AD 70. Let's get back to your claims in 2 Peter 3. Do you think Peter was saying anything unusual in his identifying these mockers? Jesus warned His generation that the thief would come at a time when those unaware would be caught off guard. That is what is happening here. Peter shows that there are mockers, just like Jesus prophesied. What is prophesied in the Olivet Discourse is shown the fulfillment many years later by these authors.

For instance, the thief coming:

But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

“But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have allowed his house to be broken into.

For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord is coming just like a thief in the night.

But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness, so that the day would overtake you like a thief;

A New Heaven and Earth ] But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be discovered.

Same theme, and I could show you that the apostles issued many warnings of warning not to ignore the signs of the times. The Olivet Discourse, which you probably don't know, is expanded on in many of these epistles.

Matthew 24
4 And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one [c]misleads you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the [d]Christ,’ and they will [e]mislead many people...See that you are not alarmed, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end...11 And many false prophets will rise up and [h]mislead many people. 12 And because lawlessness is increased, [i]most people’s love will become cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end is the one who will be saved. 14 This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole [j]world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Be Ready for His Coming
42 “Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. 43 But [ai]be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. 44 For this reason you must be ready as well; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.
45 “Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his [aj]master put in charge of his household slaves, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Blessed is that slave whom his [ak]master finds so doing when he comes. 47 Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But if that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My [al]master [am]is not coming for a long time,’ 49 and he begins to beat his fellow slaves, and he eats and drinks with those habitually drunk; 50 then the [an]master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect, and at an hour that he does not know, 51 and he will [ao]cut him in two and assign [ap]him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Again, Peter is just showing what the Lord had warned of many, many years previously that would happen within the course of that generation is happening as he writes. And please note, reader, every time I ask a question recently, Stephen ignores it. That is because he cannot do exegesis on the passage in contention without damaging his position. 

Stephen, do you understand who Peter was written to? Let's get the primary audience of the address down pat.
Who do you say it was written to, or do you even know? (Baby steps)

that they were saying to you, “In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts.”

Stephen, when are the last times? Last times of what?

‘Look, you scoffers, and be astonished, and perish; For I am accomplishing a work in your days, A work which you will never believe, though someone should describe it to you.’”

Stephen, whose days? Who is Paul speaking of?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PGA2.0

You made a claim, "No show."

And so does the bible HERE>>>. “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”2Peter 3:4

that^^^^^^^ sounds like a no show to me sunshine.

oldest propaganda trick going

You must have missed this princess>

Peter, not to mention those that took him to task admitted that the Christ hadn't return and this is the reason he   was forced to move the goal posts from  " a generation "  to a thousand years!<<<<< this is the "oldest propaganda trick" that has been peddled for TWO THOUSAND YEARS!!!!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@PGA2.0
@fauxlaw

PGA2.0, WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED TO START A THREAD ON THE EXACT TOPIC WHERE  PRETERISTS BELIEVE JESUS ALREADY HAD HIS SECOND COMING IN AD 70?! 

PGA2.0, don't you realize that the membership and Jesus are watching you RUN AWAY from doing this simple request, like FAUXLAW equally runs away from substantiated biblical axioms, huh?  You are the continued Bible fool when you run away in "trying" to defend your faith, which is obviously in the name of Satan!

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen

And so does the bible HERE>>>. “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”2Peter 3:4

Repeat, repeat, repeat, without justification. By telling your tale long enough you believe others will side with you. Anyone who does without seeing you explain the passage in question and answer your critiques is very malleable. 

How did you answer my questions? You basically repeated the catchphrase verse with a few additional verses thrown in. Try exegeting the passage and proving your contention with other passages that support that passage. I asked you many questions you keep evading. Who is Peter addressing as his primary audience? How well do these themes he speaks of mirror the Olivet Discourse?  

Sunshine and princess, wow!

Peter, not to mention those that took him to task admitted that the Christ hadn't return and this is the reason he  was forced to move the goal posts from  " a generation "  to a thousand years!<<<<< this is the "oldest propaganda trick" that has been peddled for TWO THOUSAND YEARS!!!!
What a bunch of nonsense. What is Peter reminding his audience of? 

"remember [1] the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles. 3 [2] Know this first of all, that [3] in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, 4 and [4] saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? [5] For ever since the fathers [a]fell asleep, all things continue just as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For [b]when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6 through which the world at that time was destroyed by being flooded with water. 7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly people.
8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
A New Heaven and Earth
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and [c]its works will be [d]discovered.
11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found spotless and blameless by Him, at peace, 15 and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which there are some things that are hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. 17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of [e]unscrupulous people and lose your own [f]firm commitment, 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

[1] In Peter's second letter he reminds them (his audience, those who I am still waiting for you to identify) of the words spoken by the 1) prophets and by 2) the Lord Jesus, concerning what? Which prophets is he speaking about, OT or NT?

[2] Know what? 

[3] That in the last days. The last days of what, Stephen????  Do you have any idea??? 

[4] "where is his coming" is the same theme that Jesus speaks of in the Olivet prophecy, as I pointed out in Post 104. 

Matthew 24:48-51
48 But if that evil slave says in his heart, My [al]master [am]is not coming for a long time,’ 49 and he begins to beat his fellow slaves, and he eats and drinks with those habitually drunk; 50 then the [an]master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect, and at an hour that he does not know, 51 and he will [ao]cut him in two and assign [ap]him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  

[5] Peter is quoting the scoffers and mockers in 2 Peter. Jesus prophecied that such mockery of His coming would be present later after His death where the mockers would complain of where is His coming again, as pointed out in the Olivet Discourse. What do they mean by everything remains the same? 

I will leave the discussion of the rest of the chapter for now waiting for your replies to my questions, but just mention verse 10 and how it ties into the length of time and the impatience of these mockers. Jesus told His disciples that His coming would be like a thief in the night and that the love of many would wax cold. That is what is happening during the time that Peter is writing his second epistle. And this nonsense that Peter is teaching that the Lord failed to come contradicts what Peter said,

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.

The reason the Lord has not come yet, according to Peter, is that He is not slow in keeping His promises but is patient  and wants none of the elect to perish. Then the very next verse Peter tells his audience (who you have not identified) that the Lord will come, like a thief, and surprize those mockers and the unfaithful who doubted His promises.  

After you answer my questions I will set the record straight and exegete 2 Peter 3 further. 

Nope, I'm bent on correcting your misconceptions so that others will see the errors of your interpretation. 
Stephen
Stephen

Repeat, repeat, repeat, without justification.

The bible at 2Peter 3:4 justified my question and my claim.  You are on the ropes sunshine and have proven nothing. 

Peter, not to mention those that took him to task admitted that the Christ hadn't return and this is the reason he   was forced to move the goal posts from  " a generation "  to a thousand years!<<<<< this is the "oldest propaganda trick" that has been peddled for TWO THOUSAND YEARS!!!!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
PGA2.0, WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED TO START A THREAD ON THE EXACT TOPIC WHERE  PRETERISTS BELIEVE JESUS ALREADY HAD HIS SECOND COMING IN AD 70?! 

PGA2.0, don't you realize that the membership and Jesus are watching you RUN AWAY from doing this simple request, like FAUXLAW equally runs away from substantiated biblical axioms, huh?  You are the continued Bible fool when you run away in "trying" to defend your faith, which is obviously in the name of Satan!

Because when challenged his argument falls flat.   There is no way on this earth that he can prove that Jesus' dead and rotten stinking corpse rose from the grave/tomb  and was in Jerusalem  in AD 66-70 in the flesh or in spirit.   No matter how many times he stamps his feet and demands that I listen to his shite.

Preterists, just like all Christian factions,do not even agree with one another upon which date the second coming was supposed to have occurred!. 

He cannot seem to get it past his skull bone that the bible makes the claim that Jesus did  not return when he said he would.  And that MILLIONS of Christian around the world also do not believe Jesus has ready returned. They though, do believe his return is imminent.

There are plenty of members here that don't believe that Jesus's "second coming" has already occurred and the only reason they haven't weighed in on the argument is because they wouldn't agree with me openly even if I paid them to.  But I don't need them to , Brother.

I will give the preterist one thing though Brother.  Like me  they put Jesus in Jerusalem 70 AD and well after his supposed death..  the difference being  I don't believe that he ever did die in the first place. 

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen

The bible at 2Peter 3:4 justified my question and my claim.  You are on the ropes sunshine and have proven nothing. 
Please note, reader, Stephen has not answered one of my questions yet again. 

No, it does not. Peter is speaking to the elect about the mockers and scoffers. He explains, 

"9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance."

The "you" refers to the elect. To the elect Peter says,

13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells...since you look for these things, be diligent to be found spotless and blameless by Him, at peace, 15 and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation."

Again, the elect are looking for these things, a new heaven and new earth. The scoffers keep scoffing.

The Lord's patience is towards the elect, not the mockers. As for the mockers, Peter says, 

in which there are some things that are hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction... be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of [e]unscrupulous people."

Take note of the underlined, Stephen. 

Remember in Peter's first letter to these people he said, 

7 The end of all things [f]is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of [g]prayer. 

17 For it is time for judgment to begin [m]with the household of God; and if it begins [n]with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Because Peter warned them the end of all things was NEAR when it did not come as quickly as expected, some scoffers mockers the second coming. That is the gist of the context of 2 Peter 3. 

"... this is now the second letter I am writing to you in which I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of a reminder, 2 to remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles."

The reminder was the day of the Lord was close, and it would come like a thief in the night when the ungodly were not expecting it. 

Please stop using derogatory names when you address me.

Where do you see the goalposts moving? Where is the word generation mentioned? A generation has a particular meaning in Scripture. 

In accordance with the number of days that you spied out the land, forty days, for every day you shall suffer the punishment for your guilt a year, that is, forty years, and you will know My opposition.

Hebrews 3:7-11
7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
“Today if you hear His voice,
8 Do not harden your hearts as [d]when they provoked Me,
As on the day of trial in the wilderness,
9 Where your fathers put Me to the test,
And saw My works for forty years.
10 Therefore I was angry with this generation,
And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,
And they did not know My ways’;
11 As I swore in My anger,
‘They certainly shall not enter My rest.’”

Just as with the first exodus, so with the second. God judged that wilderness generation for their sins of unbelief, just as there was danger of with this, another generation who were about to enter the new promised land. 

Here are some of the parallels:

Moses leads his people out of the land of bondage in Egypt.
Jesus leads His people out of the land of sin and spiritual bondage.

Moses provides manna from heaven for the people to eat.
Jesus is the bread of heaven and provides the food for us to eat, His word of salvation.

Moses is told to construct the tabernacle and its items according to a pattern.
That pattern is Jesus Christ. He comes to tabernacle with His people. 

A sacrifice of atonement is made for the people every year.
Jesus makes a one-time sacrifice that is sufficient for all time.  

Moses strikes a rock in the wilderness, and water flowed out of it. 
Jesus is the rock that provides water of everlasting life to His people. He tells the crowd He is the water of life.  

Moses, at Sinai, receives the Ten Commandments. The people make a covenant with God there, agreeing to do all that the LORD commanded in exchange for Him being their God and they being His people.
Jesus, at Golgotha, Calvery. He made a covenant with His people. 

Moses leads the people to the Promised Land but he cannot enter. 
Jesus takes His people into the Promised Land.

There are numerous parallels not mentioned.

The "thousand years like one day" is figurative language. Therefore, it is not to be taken literally. The expression is used to denote that to God time is of no consequence. He is patient, not willing that any of the elect should perish.

8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
A New Heaven and Earth
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and [
c]its works will be [d]discovered.
11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

Obviously, Peter is speaking to the elect of Israel "scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who are chosen 2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father..." How do we know this? The fathers are mentioned and prophets were sent to Israel, not the Gentiles. 

And I see that you are still no closer to starting your own thread .
Nope, I am here to show others your "no show" is a misunderstanding on your part. You never supplied the rest of the context or how it related to other passages of Scripture. 

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@BrotherDThomas
PGA2.0, WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED TO START A THREAD ON THE EXACT TOPIC WHERE  PRETERISTS BELIEVE JESUS ALREADY HAD HIS SECOND COMING IN AD 70?! 
Why not? Because I drive my wife to a city fifty miles away from my hometown every day for cancer treatments. That takes a big chunk out of my day. I do not have time to either prepare or respond at the moment to such a thread. 

PGA2.0, don't you realize that the membership and Jesus are watching you RUN AWAY from doing this simple request, like FAUXLAW equally runs away from substantiated biblical axioms, huh?  You are the continued Bible fool when you run away in "trying" to defend your faith, which is obviously in the name of Satan!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PGA2.0

I have no need to answer your questions.

You ask questions in relation to the verses that you cherry pick from scripture to support your own outrageous claim that Jesus` corpse, after sinking and rotting in his grave for three days , rose from the dead and after ascending up into the sky  to heaven into be "with his father" THEN ,decided to return back down earth and take part in the siege of Jerusalem in AD 66-70.

But, unfortunately  for you, those very same  cherry picked verses that you have chosen to support your claim that Jesus has already returned can be  and are,  also used to support the claim by millions of Christians that Jesus' return hasn't happened yet but is imminent.

I posted those links for you and you decided you didn't want to even look at them never mind debunk them. Indeed, your response to those links  was to  asked me " what am I supposed to do with them"?  I told you then, ` do what you like' I am just showing you that the same verses can and are used to "prove" the opposite to what you claim` I also said  'I don't care what you do with them or glean from them.  It makes absolutely no difference to me. . 

Start your own thread sunshine, what are you afraid of?

Because ..............................That takes a big chunk out of my day. I do not have time to either prepare or respond at the moment to such a thread. 

But you can find the time for debates that you brag about and find time to post reams upon reams of cherry picked verses from scripture on this thread alone.

Start a thread on your belief that Jesus has been and gone in AD 66-70  lets see how you do?   You never know, you just may convince me? But as of this the moment,  you have proven absolutely jack!

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen

I have no need to answer your questions.
Then why create a thread? You poison the waters with your allegations of "No show."

You ask questions in relation to the verses that you cherry pick from scripture to support your own outrageous claim that Jesus` corpse, after sinking and rotting in his grave for three days , rose from the dead and after ascending up into the sky  to heaven into be "with his father" THEN ,decided to return back down earth and take part in the siege of Jerusalem in AD 66-70.
You cherry-pick. You collapse the context to make it sound like Peter is teaching that Jesus was a no-show because he records what the mockers are saying. He also reassures the elect not to be alarmed; the Lord is not slow in keeping His promises. Peter tells the elect to keep watch. As I mentioned, 1 Peter, the first letter, told these elect that the Lord's coming was near. Many of the epistles of Paul warn that the Lord's coming is near. 

Paul and the author of Hebrews, who many believe is Paul:
The night is almost gone, and the day is near. Therefore let’s rid ourselves of the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

that is, the mystery which had been hidden from the past ages and generations, but now has been revealed to His saints,

When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is about to disappear.

Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been revealed to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

Let your gentle spirit be known to all people. The Lord is near.

not abandoning our own meeting together, as is the habit of some people, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

James:
You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near.

Peter:
The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.

John:
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

Blessed is the one who reads, and those who hear the words of the prophecy and keep the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

The Final Message ] And he *said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near.

Jesus said that when the signs sprout, His coming would be near. All the apostles sense this nearness, Peter, Paul, John, and James. 

so you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is nearright at the door.

Parable of the Fig Tree ] “Now learn the parable from the fig tree: as soon as its branch has become tender and sprouts its leaves, you know that summer is near;

So you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near.

For this reason you must be ready as well; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

then the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect, and at an hour that he does not know,

Be on the alert then, because you do not know the day nor the hour.

Because you have kept My word of perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of the testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who live on the earth.

But, unfortunately  for you, those very same  cherry picked verses that you have chosen to support your claim that Jesus has already returned can be  and are,  also used to support the claim by millions of Christians that Jesus' return hasn't happened yet but is imminent.
You seldom do the work of exegeting a text, and you ignore the context. I had noted that since day one when I confronted your interpretations. You bluff; you go nothing.  

I posted those links for you and you decided you didn't want to even look at them never mind debunk them. Indeed, your response to those links  was to  asked me " what am I supposed to do with them"?  I told you then, ` do what you like' I am just showing you that the same verses can and are used to "prove" the opposite to what you claim` I also said  'I don't care what you do with them or glean from them.  It makes absolutely no difference to me.
You post reams of links. Get specific with those links. There is too much information for me to tackle every verse, but every verse could be tackled. 

Start your own thread sunshine, what are you afraid of?
Nope, I'm not ready to do that. I want others to understand your careless eisegesis. 

Because ..............................That takes a big chunk out of my day. I do not have time to either prepare or respond at the moment to such a thread. 

But you can find the time for debates that you brag about and find time to post reams upon reams of cherry picked verses from scripture on this thread alone.

My wife's radiation treatment started over two weeks ago, which meant I did not spend much time on the debate for the information of those who listen. She has lung cancer and has a lung capacity of between 25-30%, and her lungs are very fragile. That means she needs lots of care on any day, not just in this period of time, so quit your BS.  

Start a thread on your belief that Jesus has been and gone in AD 66-70  lets see how you do?   You never know, you just may convince me? But as of this the moment,  you have proven absolutely jack!
Post 111. I don't have time at the moment, and I want to hold you accountable for this thread. You said "no show." I say you don't understand the nature of the Second Coming. I have explained this to those who will listen. 
Stephen
Stephen
 You said "no show." 

And so does the bible. HERE>>>. “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”2Peter 3:4

How do you keep  missing  this princess>

I posted those links for you and you decided you didn't want to even look at them never mind debunk them.

Indeed, your response to those links  was to  asked me " what am I supposed to do with them"?

I told you then, ` do what you like' I am just showing you that the same verses can and are used to "prove" the opposite to what you claim`.

I also said  'I don't care what you do with them or glean from them.  It makes absolutely no difference to me.
You post reems of links.

Nope, just two. And you ignored them and I don't care. 

The facts are that this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Revelation 1:7  Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. "  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  did not and has not happened!

And neither has this >>>>>>>>>>>Acts 1:11 And said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@PGA2.0

PGA2.0, the runaway from his faith to show its alleged truths,

YOUR LYING QUOTE WHERE YOU ALLEGEDLY DO NOT HAVE THE TIME!:  "Why not? Because I drive my wife to a city fifty miles away from my hometown every day for cancer treatments. That takes a big chunk out of my day. I do not have time to either prepare or respond at the moment to such a thread. "

First thing, and if it is not another ruse like so many of your other pathetic embarrassing and unchristian like posts, if your wife truly does have cancer, then I am in the sincere hopes that todays science is able to rid her of this disease.  

PGA2.0, here is your embarrassing dilemma, if you have the time to bring forth your myriad of mile long posts that are easily trashed shown below, then you have the time to take the main premise of your ungodly Satanic Preterist belief of Jesus having His Second Coming in AD70 to a specific thread, do you understand Bible fool? Huh?

This could be the title of your forthcoming Preterist thread:  "Jesus' 2nd coming was in AD70, quit laughing!"

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen
 You said "no show." 
And so does the bible. 
No, it does not. You misinterpret the Second Coming and have tunnel vision and a spirit that does not understand spiritual truths. 

HERE>>>. “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”2Peter 3:4

The Bible does not justify your claim at all. Don Preston, The Elements Shall Melt with Fervent Heat, p. 1, makes the case very clear, to understand 2 Peter you need to understand the purpose of the epistle.

And Peter's answer to such scoffers who claimed Jesus' Second Coming was a no-show was 2 Peter 1:16-21, a passage that deals with Jesus' transfiguration. Peter, James and John witnessed Jesus transformed in the glory of the Father when the cloud enveloped Jesus on the mountain. They understood what the glory of the Father looked like and what the transformation during the Second Coming was about. It was about the change in the Old Covenant system of worship (what their heaven and earth focused around, to the better New Covenant way at the end of the age). That very same passage you keep quoting, Matthew 16:27-28 (see Mark 9:1), deals with the transfiguration. You would do well to read the first six pages of the book under the link above. 

Mark 9:9
9 When they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.” 

What did the vision mean? See p.5.

How do you keep  missing  this princess>

I posted those links for you and you decided you didn't want to even look at them never mind debunk them.

Indeed, your response to those links  was to  asked me " what am I supposed to do with them"?

I told you then, ` do what you like' I am just showing you that the same verses can and are used to "prove" the opposite to what you claim`.

I also said  'I don't care what you do with them or glean from them.  It makes absolutely no difference to me.
You post reems of links.

Nope, just two. And you ignored them and I don't care. 

The facts are that this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Revelation 1:7  Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. "  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  did not and has not happened!
Yes, coming with the clouds of glory, in the same manner in which the Father came in judgment in the OT. 

All the tribes of the LAND understood He was in the glory of the Father in heaven bringing judgment upon that generation. 

Who are those tribes? The tribes refer to the tribes of Israel.

Zechariah 9:1 (NASB)
Prophecies against Neighboring Nations
The pronouncement of the word of the Lord is against the land of Hadrach, with Damascus as its resting place (for the eyes of mankind, especially of all the tribes of Israel, are toward the Lord),

Revelation 21:12 (NASB)
12 [a]It had a great and high wall, [b]with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on the gates, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel.

Zechariah 12:10-14
10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem [h]the Spirit of grace and of pleading, so that they will look at Me whom they pierced; and they will mourn for Him, like one mourning for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn. 11 On that day the mourning in Jerusalem will be great, like the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the [i]plain of [j]Megiddo. 12 The land will mourn, every family by itself; the family of the house of David by itself and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself and their wives by themselves; 13 the family of the house of Levi by itself and their wives by themselves; the family of the Shimeites by itself and their wives by themselves; 14 all the families that are left, every family by itself, and their wives by themselves.

As in Revelation, you find in the original OT prophecy each of the tribes of Israel weeping and mourning. 

But that is not all. The other part of the verse comes from Daniel 7:13-14, and the scene is a heavenly one in which the Son of Man comes before the Father and receives glory and honour, the glory and honour of the Father. 

Revelation 1:17a
Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him,

Daniel 7:13-14 (NASB)
The Son of Man Presented
13 “I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a son of man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
14 And to Him was given dominion,
Honor, and [a]a kingdom,
So that all the peoples, nations, and populations of all [b]languages
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

Where is the Son of Man coming? He is coming before the Father in heaven. During the judgment of Jerusalem and Judah in AD 70, every eye would see or understand what John referred to in Revelation 1:17 was Daniel 7:13-14. If that was not enough, Jesus even foretold the Chief Priest that he would see (understand) the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Father and coming on clouds of heaven (judgment).

Jesus *said to him, “You have said it yourself. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

And to follow Revelation, further along, we see the fulfillment of the vision in Daniel 7:13-14 when Jesus comes into His kingdom.

And neither has this >>>>>>>>>>>Acts 1:11 And said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”
Yes, Jesus was taken up into heaven and clouds of glory hide Him from their sight, and He would come in the same glory cloud but this time in judgment in AD 70. As the Father judged the nation, so too the Son judged the nation, for what is true and applied to God the Father is true and applied of God the Son. I asked you before, How did the Father judge nations in the OT? Jesus said He would come in the glory of the Father. Even if Stephen cannot understand this, please reader be aware that the Father never physically was seen, just the glory cloud of His presence. Clouds were synonymous with judgement. 
Stephen
Stephen
Yes, Jesus was taken up into heaven and clouds of glory hide Him from their sight,

And this proves what exactly. What's more, why do you consider anything you have posted this far , proof  of anything?

And you keep avoiding  the very obvious point that these people, didn't ask when is the second coming going to happen BECAUSE IT HAD ALREADY HAD HAPPENED! ,  now did they?

NO! they asked because it HADN'T HAPPENED WHEN JESUS PROMISED IT WOULD HAPPEN?

HERE>>>. “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”2Peter 3:4

"every eye will see him", <<<<<<<<<<DID EVERY EYE SEE HIM RETURN?  

Luke 24:51  While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.

He will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”  <<<<<<<<<<hasn't happened has it? 

Are those MILLIONS of Christians that believe the second coming is imminent, stupid?

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen

Yes, Jesus was taken up into heaven and clouds of glory hide Him from their sight,
 And this proves what exactly.
That you know very little of what Scripture teaches. His disciples saw Him going into heaven UNTIL the glory cloud hid Him from their sight. 

The Ascension ] And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were watching, and a cloud took Him up, out of their sight.

Luke 24:50-53
The Ascension
50 And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted His hands and blessed them. 51 While He was blessing them, He parted from them and was carried up into heaven. 52 And they, after worshiping Him, returned to Jerusalem with great joy, 53 and were continually in the temple [z]praising God.

John 17 (NASB)
The High Priestly Prayer
17 Jesus spoke these things; and raising His eyes to heaven, He said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, so that the Son may glorify You, 2 just as You gave Him authority over all [a]mankind, so that [b]to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I glorified You on the earth [c]by accomplishing the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now You, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world existed...11 I am no longer going to be in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, so that they may be one just as We are...13 But now I am coming to You;...

Clouds signify God's glory, power and/or judgment.

What's more, why do you consider anything you have posted this far , proof  of anything?
For one thing, I am logically consistent; you are not. You pay no attention to the meanings found in Scripture, just make it up, and Scripture is its own interpreter. God has a way of verifying what He means. Scripture, when rightly interpreted, comes together beautifully. You woodenly stick to complete literalism, whereas sometimes the passages have a deeper meaning found by other clues, such as with Matthew 16:27-28. I asked you numerous times how did the Fathe come in glory. This you could not answer either because you knew it would damage your case or because you were ignorant of how the Father came in glory in the OT. Jesus said He would come in the Father's glory. Thus, you have to understand what that means.

And you keep avoiding  the very obvious point that these people, didn't ask when is the second coming going to happen BECAUSE IT HAD ALREADY HAD HAPPENED! ,  now did they?
Already happened? Not when Peter's wrote either epistle. Where do you get that outrageous false deduction from? They were scoffing because He had not yet come. They doubted he would come because He was taking so long. Thus Peter corrected that false belief that you so readily propagate. 

NO! they asked because it HADN'T HAPPENED WHEN JESUS PROMISED IT WOULD HAPPEN?
You misunderstand when it would happen. You also misunderstand what kind of coming it would be. 

No, 2 Peter justifies the opposite of your bluff, as I pointed out briefly in my last post. 

"every eye will see him", <<<<<<<<<<DID EVERY EYE SEE HIM RETURN?  
See or understand? Do you see what I mean? Jesus told the High Priest that he would see the Son of Man seated at the Father's right hand in heaven. 

Matthew 26
63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest said to Him, “I place You under oath by the living God, to tell us whether You are the [aa]Christ, the Son of God.” 64 Jesus *said to him, “You have said it yourself. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

From now on the Son would be seated at the right hand of the Father, and they would understand this coming on the clouds of glory as the Father did in AD 70 when the complete fulfilment of Matthew 24 had taken place. 

Luke 24:51  While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.

He will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”  <<<<<<<<<<hasn't happened has it? 
You're dead mistaken. One verse does not make doctrine.

It happened in AD 70. 

Part 1 lays the grounds for the discussion. 

Part 2 is very revealing. Reader, please read it, starting at.

"For first century Jews familiar with Torah and the prophets, the “cloud” represented the presence of Jehovah. And, in the context of the ascension and the Kingdom in Acts 1, it would have signified the arrival of Messiah into the presence of Jehovah in Zion. This is precisely the connection that Peter makes.
Acts 2:34-36
For it was not David who ascended into heaven, but he himself says: The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.” Therefore, let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ – this Jesus whom you crucified."

Read down to,

1 Timothy 3:16

Part 3 states,

"1. He was received by a cloud.
2. He was taken up in glory, to enter into his glory.
3. He was taken up while blessing his disciples.
Therefore, Jesus had to return in “in like manner”."

Are those MILLIONS of Christians that believe the second coming is imminent, stupid?
Most are mislead and duped by the Dispensational view of Scripture of Darby and Scofield, or some other futurist view, just like I'm sure you have been influenced in the past. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PGA2.0

Most are mislead and duped by the Dispensational view of Scripture of Darby and Scofield, or some other futurist view, just like I'm sure you have been influenced in the past. 

And you don't consider yourself to have been duped?  You people do make me grin at times. It is always the other side that has it all wrong isn't it?

So are they stupid to believe that Jesus return is imminent?

For one thing, I am logically consistent; you are not.

Then that means the bible is not consistent (which I agree) as I have only highlighted what it is the bible clearly states. But you just ignore it and I don't care.

"every eye will see him", <<<<<<<<<<DID EVERY EYE SEE HIM RETURN?  NO!

No that will be the bible that is mistaken, then you see, those are not my words, they are words taken directly from your own unreliable scriptures.HERE>>>Acts 1:11

You pay no attention to the meanings found in Scripture, just make it up, 

Oh ffs stop it!!!  YOU are the one that has made up the story of Jesus crucified DEAD  and lying stinking in a grave for three days, then rising ALIVE from his grave and  going up into the clouds of heaven  to then descend back to earth and his  return to already have happened in AD 66_70, NOT ME!

You have shown not a single piece of evidence that proves a single one of those claims.  And if you want to attempt the longest thread on the religion sub forum board,be my guest.  But you simply cannot shake off what the bible itself has to say on matter no matter what you consider yourself to be. 

Meanwhile, here are some videos  concerning "the signs" that we are all to look out for complete with BIBLE passages and verses that predict Jesus' imminent return.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen

And you don't consider yourself to have been duped?  You people do make me grin at times. It is always the other side that has it all wrong isn't it?
Ditto. 

You have to give justification for your point of view, not just keep repeating the same verse over and over. 

This does not cut it: "every eye will see him," <<<<<<<<<<DID EVERY EYE SEE HIM RETURN?  NO!

See Him in what way? 

So are they stupid to believe that Jesus return is imminent?
Definitely mislead and brainwashed into a point of view that does not agree with the deeper text. 

1. Jesus said He would return in that generation. 
2. He said this age would end when He came. 
3. He said He would come in the Father's glory. How did the Father come in glory (a point you continually fail to reflect upon because it does not favour your point of view). 
4. He said that judgment was near.
5. All the prophetic signs He said would happen have happened in or before AD 70.
On these and many other issues, it is most reasonable to believe He has already come. Every prophetic sign points to His coming in judgment, just as He said they would.

For one thing, I am logically consistent; you are not.

Then that means the bible is not consistent (which I agree) as I have only highlighted what it is the bible clearly states. But you just ignore it and I don't care.
It most certainly is consistent. Non-sequiturs. How is the Bible inconsistent when properly understood? The problem is that you think you have correctly interpreted it when you have not. 

I justified Peter's mention of the scoffers and his explanation of why the Lord had not come to that point in time. You ignored the explanation as you usually do, creating more red herrings to make it appear that you are right in your take when in fact you ignore the greater context. 

Bull. 

"every eye will see him", <<<<<<<<<<DID EVERY EYE SEE HIM RETURN?  NO!

Already explained and, as usual, brushed off by you. 

I explained, and you ignored my explanation. Instead, you repeated the same mantra.

No that will be the bible that is mistaken, then you see, those are not my words, they are words taken directly from your own unreliable scriptures.HERE>>>Acts 1:11
Bare assertions. 

You pay no attention to the meanings found in Scripture, just make it up, 

Oh ffs stop it!!!  YOU are the one that has made up the story of Jesus crucified DEAD  and lying stinking in a grave for three days, then rising ALIVE from his grave and  going up into the clouds of heaven  to then descend back to earth and his  return to already have happened in AD 66_70, NOT ME!
When you examine prophecy, everything He said did happen in His Olivet Discourse happened. 

You have shown not a single piece of evidence that proves a single one of those claims.  And if you want to attempt the longest thread on the religion sub forum board,be my guest.  But you simply cannot shake off what the bible itself has to say on matter no matter what you consider yourself to be. 
Bull. I have indeed. You keep denying it is evidence. 

Meanwhile, here are some videos  concerning "the signs" that we are all to look out for complete with BIBLE passages and verses that predict Jesus' imminent return.

What is your point here? Three signs? What do you want to discuss about them? Please be more specific.