Welfare takes money from middle class and gives it to hood rats and gangs

Author: Vader

Total: 45
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Welfare is government aided support to lower class people to make a living.

You know why Chicago is completely fucked over by crime? Because we pay the welfare. The gang bangers, hood rats, and dumbasses get all the money from welfare checks cause they are too lazy to get a job and just smoke dope and cause crime. Illinois gets destroyed by these taxes and we just feed these people money to shoot up people. Kids, elders, these ass wipes do it and we practically pay for them to bang girls and shoot bros.

We need to eliminate welfare and require people to apply for a job that pays the minimum wage before getting any help. They get their ass to school, try hard, go to university, and then be productive society members. We can increase jobs by reconstructing that city and cause more jobs and market opportunities. Redo it. Then these hoodlums and gangs won't be getting free money. What a joke Obama created where we feed these people money
Vader
Vader
Middle class suffer because then they pay for the things like welfare. They are the ones who boost the economy and them paying for the welfare is a disgrace to our tax dollars
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
You can't even afford to live on minimum wage in a lot of places. What about homeless people? You really think it is that easy to get out of such a situation? What if you don't know any better?

The reason I bring homeless up in particular is because it is a lot harder to het a job in that situation than I think a lot ofnpeople care to realize. Keeping hygiene up is one thing, but willl anyone even hire you if you don't have a home address? What if you are in a place where there aren't any jobs?

I'm just saying, I don't think it is really as simple as you are making it out to be. 

Mopac
Mopac
I tell you what, I am low class with no real hope of ever becoming middle class. I am not currently receiving welfare. I work full time. I am handicapped and would not be able to work in these trades that involve manual labor(I am actually trained in several and even licensed in one, but it does me no good). I am married, I have a family. I am likely never to own a house.

The middle class has got it good from my vantage point. I don't think they really have anything to complain about. What about the poor? The poor who don't want to be a burden and get to live the rest of their lives shoveling dirt into circles while they are neglected in favor of a middle class.

Ya'll don't care about my situation. And you know what, I'm really not bitter. I hope the best for the middle class. I just really do think that the hardworking lower class is often overlooked.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Mopac
The problem with welfare is that these checks tend to only go to the hoodlums as most homeless can't get any or even very impoverished never receive welfare checks because when they work full time, they don't receive anything. If my tax dollars for welfare helped the needy, I wouldn't make this. However, they only benefit the hoodlums and garbage people. I don't care about giving my tax dollars to people who care less than me about life
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Vader
While there are plenty of "hoodlums and garbage people" who exploit the system, I know for a fact that other people benefit. People who are not trying to exploit the system, and need this help to survive hopefully for a season. These bad people you talk of are not the only ones who benefit.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Mopac
The majority is hoodlums. It sucks that the actual people suffer because of it. But I only will accept my money going to welfare if I know it is going to a poor, working, person, and not a hood rat. For right now, welfare is a waste because the system is so corrupt and the hood rats get the money
Plisken
Debates: 0
Plisken
-->
@Vader
"Hoodlums" should read "deviants" or something.  Why is there a hoodlum class?  People need to be able to take on the risk of social liabilities.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Vader
A lot of these hood rats don't know any better because society promotes the embracing of lying vanities to give life meaning and sexual immorality as a virtue, which causes the orphans to multiply, and as a result, the proliferation of "hoodlums", who are actual people.

Meanwhile, you claim to belong to a religion that teaches undefiled religion as caring for orphans. So let me ask you, are you going out there to do something about it? If welfare gets cut off, are you going to fill its shoes and go out there to minister to people, or are you going to condemn them as not even being real people? Really, if welfare doesn't get cut, there is still a place for you to minister to the people in these positions. 

I'm sure there are better ways of doing things, but welfare does sometimes do what it is supposed to do. There is no easy way to do this stuff.

Vader
Vader
A lot of these hood rats don't know any better because society promotes the embracing of lying vanities to give life meaning and sexual immorality as a virtue, which causes the orphans to multiply, and as a result, the proliferation of "hoodlums", who are actual people.

They are rarely orphans and just people who have moms because their dads are either dead or locked up, causing their influence. All of that influence was immediately caused by hood rats so much to where we are today. They have to resort to what's there, which I agree we need to fix. However giving the checks won't solve for boosting jobs and won't contribute.
Meanwhile, you claim to belong to a religion that teaches undefiled religion as caring for orphans. So let me ask you, are you going out there to do something about it? If welfare gets cut off, are you going to fill its shoes and go out there to minister to people, or are you going to condemn them as not even being real people? Really, if welfare doesn't get cut, there is still a place for you to minister to the people in these positions. 
Thank you bringing up my religion when it contributes to the topic so much. Yes I do get involved in that community. I visited a Detroit Elementary School and directly talked to kids, helped repair houses in Englewood, and donate my toys to Foster Care and give presents for those children in need. Don't bring morale character up in this debate.

I'm sure there are better ways of doing things, but welfare does sometimes do what it is supposed to do. There is no easy way to do this stuff.
It does what it needs to do for the wrong people.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Plisken
A hoodlum is someone who does not cooperate to society and purposely dropped out of school to receive free help and do nothing in return. The most severe hoodlums shoot loyal, hard working people.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Vader
Definition of Orphan courtesy Merriam-webster

"a child deprived by death of one or usually both parents"

Now I know for a fact that welfare does what it needs to do for the right people as well as the wrong people. But it does it for the right people as well. Not only do I believe this, but I know this for a fact. 

And it's not about questioning your moral character, its a real issue. You can't just leave the homeless to multiply and not do anything about it but tell them to figure it out. It really isn't that simple. 

And really, not everybody knows what to do. Some people really are disadvantaged, and you can judge someone for being a hop 0oodlum because they were raised by hoodlums, but they really just might not have been told any different. 

There is a lot of real work to be done, and it is certainly an obligation of the church to address these things. And many in the church are, but the homeless are still multiplying, and for many there is no hope.

"Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good."

So it even is an existential threat to our country, because if we don't strengthen the hand of poor, note I am not saying to simply chuck money at the problem, we are not really doing what God expects us to do. 

So what am I really saying? Do something to help these people do the right thing.

And you know, it isn't easy. I grew up in Chicago, and at a time when there was NO WORK. And believe mme, I wasn't sitting on my butt. Every job I applied for I was competing with thousands of applicants. It was lousy. Living in an environment like that makes some peoplle, who see no escape, do desperate things. They don't know better.

Anyway, if you get anything out of what I'm saying, it's not really a simple thing. It really is rough for people. Have some mercy.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Vader
As a 15yr old your worldly wisdom is so well informed and profound.
YA THINK??
Vader
Vader
-->
@disgusted
It doesn't matter my age. 15 year olds can be just as smart as the average 23year old. I still have a voice in this forum. Disagree, I don't care, you shouldn't debunk my points just because of my age. Make an actual argument

Vader
Vader
-->
@Mopac
And you know, it isn't easy. I grew up in Chicago, and at a time when there was NO WORK. And believe mme, I wasn't sitting on my butt. Every job I applied for I was competing with thousands of applicants. It was lousy. Living in an environment like that makes some peoplle, who see no escape, do desperate things. They don't know better.
I understand but the state is lazy and so corrupt they don't do anything. Maybe you couldn't get a job. It is not the government's problem to give you handouts so you sit home. It is the government's job to help build an increase in job opportunities in the state itself. Then we can start having more jobs. And even if they are in this state of job unavailability, they should look for
an education
online classes and get the diploma from these places to apply for a job 

Now I know for a fact that welfare does what it needs to do for the right people as well as the wrong people. But it does it for the right people as well. Not only do I believe this, but I know this for a fact. 

And it's not about questioning your moral character, its a real issue. You can't just leave the homeless to multiply and not do anything about it but tell them to figure it out. It really isn't that simple. 
Yes
but it is a very rarity that it goes to the good people. Probably 90% goes to the wrong people. The 10% that it goes to that benefits you doesn't help. Chicago poverty is such a shit hole, that you will probably die by just walking in the streets. It gets in the hands of wrong people and that fuels crime. I have been in the inner city, and I have heard every story.
So it even is an existential threat to our country, because if we don't strengthen the hand of poor, note I am not saying to simply chuck money at the problem, we are not really doing what God expects us to do. 
I believe we have a right to help the needy and poor in my life. I have done that. The way you fix the problem is not chucking money at it, agreed. Why don't you work at a soup kitchen. talk to one of these people, and donate clothes and money. That makes more of a difference than just money because it shows people care

Vader
Vader
-->
@disgusted
And you may think us 15 year olds don't matter now. But when you are 80 years old we are passing laws to help you live to 120, you will be grateful of us then instead of us killing you off

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Vader
You know why Chicago is completely fucked over by crime? Because we pay the welfare. The gang bangers, hood rats, and dumbasses get all the money from welfare checks cause they are too lazy to get a job and just smoke dope and cause crime.

Although the field of gangs is well studied, information regarding the way gangs may use or misuse music for different needs is sparse. The aim of this systematic review is to gather descriptive and empirical information to ascertain the important roles rap music possesses within gang life. This review suggests five main functions of rap used within gangs with an emphasis on the subgenre of gangsta rap. First, rap facilitates antisocial behavior by reinforcing such messages in its lyrics. Second, its deviant lyrics serve as a reflection of the violent reality experienced in many urban ghetto communities. Third, it operates as a means for constructing individual and collective identity, as well as resistance identity. Fourth, it functions as an educating force by teaching its members how to act and respond in the urban ghetto. Finally, rap glorifies gang norms among newcomers and successfully spreads its values to the general population.

linate
linate
the idea of a run away welfare state is a myth. 
the federal government doesn't spend much more than ten percent of its money on poor people. so to think they are destroying the country is misinformed. even what they do spend though isn't sending checks to welfare moms to live off the dole, so much. the most anyone is entitled to everywhere in the country is food stamps and education. if you're lucky to be in an obamacare state, you get healthcare too. cash money is limited depending on the state, and usually it's for a few years tops if you have unsupported kids. section 8 subsidized housing is rare and like winning the lottery for poor people. 

linate
linate
what OP poster's argument boils down to is chicago is in bad shape cause we give poor people food. really? i doubt he knew that's what his argument amounted to though, cause he's only fifteen. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@linate
what OP poster's argument boils down to is chicago is in bad shape cause we give poor people food. really? i doubt he knew that's what his argument amounted to though, cause he's only fifteen. 
It's an indirect cause as welfare promotes teen pregnancy, single parent households, and a lower incentive for bettering yourself through education or trade skills. All of which degrades the fabric of urban centers.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
Welfare also reduces self-esteem and self-worth. Believe it or not, not being able to support yourself and needing to rely on handouts kills confidence. It's embarassing, but honestly rightfully so. 

This lack of confidence, lack of self-worth, affects family units at a foundational level, especially when it comes to males, and causes them to check out. Another factor in this is 3rd wave feminisms push against men. The constant reinforcement of men being expendable, not being important to raising kids, and then seeing also that the government will compensate for their failure to provide. So they check out, and the cycle of broken families continues. 

It all starts with family, first and foremost, and democrats have pushed an inner city agenda that has torn that apart. Pre-60's and Dem takeovers in large urban centers, the family unit was still intact in inner cities. Now its almost non-existent, and we wonder why they're trapped in poverty? Should come as no surprise whatsoever. 

Inner city communities are starting to wake up to this though and bucking dems. Which is why ur seeing a push from Dems to abolish ICE and implement blanket amnesty for illegal immigrants. They're shedding minority votes left and right, so they need to find some way to rig the system so the party doesnt implode. If anything the switch to trying to manufacture a new base with illegals just shows how little dems actually care about minorities, as in places like Chicago, they're abandoning inner cities and desperately trying to flood the system with illegals. Which number 22mil + nationwide per recent studies, possibly over 30 million nationwide. 

The largest margin of victory in a presidential election was 17 million votes. Do the math and it's pretty obvious why abolishment of ICE and amnesty is slowly becoming a focal point of the party line.

Mopac
Mopac
Personally I think having a working 2nd ammendment in Chicago would do wonders for the gang problem.

Eliminating welfare is a bad idea. 

You know, if it wasn't for section 8, I might not be where I am today. Foodstamps, section 8, that kind of stuff really helped me out a lot when I would have otherwise been sleeping under a bridge or camping out.

Fast forward, now I am living without government assistance. I pay taxes. I'm married. I eat pretty good. Can't complain.

But I don't know if I'd be where I am now if it wasn't for government assistance, because I didn't really feel at the time that I had any shot of doing anything. There was no work, the work I got was not enough to rent an apartment even working full time. The system seemed rigged. Go to school? That isn't something you can even think about when you are struggling to barely survive. How about single parents? They have it even tougher.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Mopac
Lol, no they don't. They need a mayor who will double the police force, authorize deadly force, and get the criminals off the streets.

After that they can then think about creating programs that encourages teen men and women to finish school before making babies, and programs that penalize single parent households. Think it's unfair? Go get a spouse instead of selfishly handicapping your child, or you can put them up for adoption. Fair is for the innocent children, not the hedonistic single parents. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Greyparrot
Well, once you screw up its kind of too late for that.

Young people screw up especially when they don't have anyone to raise them.

And I think it is real easy to take one's upbringing and education for granted and look down on these youngsters making bad decisions because they don't know any better and are fully immersed in a culture that is self destructive and immoral. When you are raised in it, it looks very different. You don't see it for what it is.

Penalize single parents though? That is like adding penalties on top of penalties. There are not many who would marry a single parent, and it is assinine to think that all single parents are selfish hedonists. Put your kids up for adoption? Have you ever tried to convince a mother to be seperated from their child? Some do give their kids up for adoption, but it isn't realistic to take it as an easy thing.

I think you are being insensitive to certain realities that are at play here.

Paul
Paul
-->
@Vader
So if you eliminate Social Security does that mean I lose all the money I've paid into it for my entire life?

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
entitlement reform will never happen, more dependency = more/bigger government = shrinking middle class.  Imagine if there is little to no middle class, the elites will always be and always keep the poor dependent to protect their own positions.  Otherwise there would be reforms aka cuts, cell phones w/o data, no cable tv, limited food selections, work encouragement instead of punishment, more sliding scales and personal accountability.  You'd see more off of welfare, more self independence and a larger middle class, which isn't as easy to manipulate and control.  Self sufficiency is the bane to government, today's democrats/progressives specifically.

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Vader
Whites deserve to get screwed over by subsidizing blacks. They attempted to screw Jews by creating a welfare system to rob them of their hard earned cash, to stupid to realize Canadians would use that same law to subsidize themselves.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Paul
Social Security is not welfare. Welfare is government aided relief to people who do not have jobs. These people 99% of the time that receive welfare are hood rats and scumbags that shoot each other up to gain some clout. My tax money should not go to these people so why should I pay for them

Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
Well why I should I get stuck, someone who didn't contribute anything to that, get fucked over because Tyrone wants to buy a glock and some weed but can't get a job because he is too lazy

Paul
Paul
-->
@Vader
Well, just from the way you talk you are clearly bigoted probably raciest, that doesn't do much to promote your argument.