BHM Mafia - Day Phase 1

Author: Danielle

Read-only
Total: 172
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
WELCOME TO THE GAME YOU NEVER SIGNED UP FOR! 

I'm sorry, but Supa has had enough players to start his game for 2 weeks now. Apparently he does not want to start the game unless he gets more people, so I created a small game to host in the interim. I added Supa and removed Elminster. I don't think he will mind. If he does, I'm sure someone will back out or need to be replaced so he can join then. 

If you don't want to play in this game... okay! If it completely falls apart... fine! Either way there is no game going on lol. And if Supa decides to get his shit together and post his game, I don't mind if ya'll abandon this one. I just think people are sick of waiting and he might very well hold out and wait until he gets like 3 more players. Who knows when that will be. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@XLAV
@oromagi
@Speedrace
@Crocodile
THEME: Black History Month 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
@MisterChris
Rules and some mod notes: 

Standard rules apply. No editing or deleting posts, no copy and pasting roles, and no outside communication from non mod created messages with other players in the game. Flips will occur the following day phase, but I will acknowledge there is NO TAILOR in this game. DO NOT ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TAILOR ROLE. THERE IS NO TAILOR IN THE GAME. PERIOD. 

Please ask me any questions in your private role PMs. I will not answer most questions publicly in the day phase. This is to avoid giving any potential game breaking information. I generally won’t answer questions about how the roles work mechanically, unless that role is already flipped and in the graveyard. I do this just to play on the safe side as a mod -- believe it or not sometimes even answering small questions can really screw over a scum team and it’s not fair to them. I will try to be consistent and as fair as possible while using my discretion about how to answer. 

As far as roles go, your understanding of how a role works might not be the same as mine. I utilize role descriptions from all different sites, and sometimes I just take inspiration from the role and add my own tweaks to it. Sometimes I completely make roles up as an experiment as well. Sometimes my modding mechanics are not the same from game to game, i.e.  if X-shot roles keep their abilities on being role blocked or not. 

I will also not explicitly say if a player has been role blocked; I may utilize different phrasing if a night action does not go through. It all depends on the game. Everything is on the table, and I mod each game separately according to the specific vision I have for it. In this game I'm choosing to be pretty vague. If there are any questions on how a role role works that isn’t in the graveyard, I will refer you to this OP to make things simple. 

All roles in this game were randomly assigned. I will replace players as I see fit with public and/or private warnings. Please do not try to analyze role PM structure or the timing of when you think someone is online or on Discord. I will not ban these kind of frivolous discussions, but I'm warning you that I may try to play games so consider this at your own risk :)  I also gave scum options of fake character + role claims in this game, but you are welcome to focus on theme analysis if you wish. Good luck everyone! 

LIVING

01 XLAV
02 Crocodile
03 iLikePie5
04 Speedrace
05 whiteflame 
06 MisterChris
07 SupaDudz 
08 oromagi

Day Phase 1  will end on Monday, 2/22/2020 at 9am EST unless otherwise noted in advance.

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Alright, glad to get one of these started. How's everyone doing?
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
WAKANDA FOREVER
MisterChris
MisterChris
glad we're back in business. Was worried I killed mafia there for a while. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Yea I can only run my game with 10 and 11 for the theme selected. I can't rebalance for 9 so thank you. Also got a lil busy with school atm so didn't have time. Will go on hold
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Well I just woke up to this but I’m going back to sleep 

Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
Hi guys.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@XLAV
Pretty sure you’ve played mafia before but can you tell us where, how often, and familiarity with roles?
Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
-->
@Danielle
Can I be a replacement. I will be reading the game while it is being played anyway, so subbing in should be easy to do.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
What did he do except lie
under a pear tree, wrapped in
a great cloak, and meditate
on the heavenly bodies?
Venerable, the good people of Baltimore
whispered, shocked and more than
a little afraid. After all it was said
he took to strong drink.
Why else would he stay out
under the stars all night
and why hadn’t he married?

But who would want him! Neither
Ethiopian nor English, neither
lucky nor crazy, a capacious bird
humming as he penned in his mind
another enflamed letter
to President Jefferson—he imagined
the REply, polite and rhetorical.
Those who had been to Philadelphia
reported the statue
of Benjamin Franklin
before the library

his very size and likeness.
A wife? No, thank you.
At dawn he milked
the cows, then went inside
and put on a pot to stew
while he slept. The CLOCK
he whittled as a boy
still ran. Neighbors
woke him up
with warm bread and quilts.
At nightfall he took out

his rifle—a white-maned
figure stalking the darkened
breast of the Union—and
shot at the stars, and by chance
one went out. Had he killed?
I assure thee, my dear Sir!
Lowering his eyes to fields
seet with the rot of spring, he could see
a government’s domed city
rising from the morass and spreading
in a spiral of lights….

VTL Supadudz
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
I'm Charles Hamilton Houston, I'm a lawyer and can stop someone from being lynched in the following day phase, no justification
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
-> @XLAV
Pretty sure you’ve played mafia before but can you tell us where, how often, and familiarity with roles?
In fact, XLAV was in the first game of Mafia I ever played on DDO five or six years ago, where he was one of the most experienced players.  I played five or six games with him perhaps and I thought of him as high risk/high reward kind of player.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Speedrace
Isn't lawyer normally a mafia role?
Danielle
Danielle
CORRECTIONS: 
- I will reveal flips after each lynch this time 
- I didn't give Mafia any options for fake claims 

I just copy-pasted the OP from my previous game, my bad. The rest is applicable. 

Vote Count
SupaDudz (oromagi) -- 1/5 votes 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Bringerofrain
I have a feeling you're an alt so I assume you know how to play. I will wait 2 days to ensure people know a game has started (lol - surprise!). If someone doesn't post by then, you can definitely be a replacement. Thanks for asking. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@MisterChris
Isn't lawyer normally a mafia role?
Yeah, which is why I claimed
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@MisterChris
WAKANDA FOREVER
You are claiming Chadwick Boseman?

An ACTOR is a player that can only vote if the vote is a hammer. Otherwise, the Actor is modkilled.
Actors are essentially never seen in practice, but are traditionally Town-aligned.

Can you vote right now?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Speedrace
I'm Charles Hamilton Houston, I'm a lawyer and can stop someone from being lynched in the following day phase, no justification
So, each night period you select a name and if that name is lynched in the next DP they do not die?  Does the lynching still end the DP?  Is this power limited by number of times actionable?
oromagi
oromagi
TOWN
oromagi
Speedrace          CH Houston    LAWYER (non-standard power for role)
whiteflame 
MisterChris        
SupaDudz 
Crocodile
iLikePie5
AWoL
XLAV
SCUM

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Danielle
@XLAV
UNVOTE

VTL XLAV for show
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
So, each night period you select a name and if that name is lynched in the next DP they do not die?  Does the lynching still end the DP?  Is this power limited by number of times actionable?
Yes, asked Dani, and no
Speedrace
Speedrace
DP won't end if they're lynched
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Speedrace
So then your power is confirmable.  If you tell us at the outset of DP2 who you chose we should be able to lynch that person without consequence.....How do we know you're not just some TP with a mission to lynch one specific player?
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
How do we know you're not just some TP with a mission to lynch one specific player?
You don't lol
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
How do we know you're not just some TP with a mission to lynch one specific player?
You can choose who I target
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@oromagi
Nope not claiming anybody. Just making a BHM related joke. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
I find it interesting that Lawyer would be used in this game despite being used in my last game and the game with Lunatic before... and not just that, but it would be a completely different variant of the role that is somehow town-aligned. Still, Speed claiming off the bat looks good for him. I won't make anything of it until further along. 
Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
-->
@Danielle
Thank you