School systems should include LBTQ+ topics in their history and sex education

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 278
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
Should they or shouldn't they? Curious what we have as opinions. I'll jump in once I get a few responses.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Theweakeredge

Yes

Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
Yes 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
What exactly is "Q"?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
Questioning or Queer
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
Does that include paedophilia then?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
No. It never has. Pedophilia is a sexual orientation, being attracted to children, and it should be taught. That way if anybody has that feeling they can get help before it manifests.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
So would that same strategy also apply to LGBT.....If kids get these feelings, then they can similarly "get help before it manifests"
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
You know the difference? There isn't anything wrong with being LGBT+, pedophilia is a different sort of sexuality and affects people differently. Whereas LGBT+ is talking about gender expression, pedophilia isn't related to gender, its related to age. You can have pedophilia and be gay or straight, etc, etc, because pedophilia is talking about being attracted to people based on young age, and that's empirically bad for those people. Please don't draw false comparisons.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
The trouble is, it's not actually a false comparison.

Being socially unacceptable doesn't actually make it a false comparison.

It is actually socially acceptable sexual discrimination.

The same  socially acceptable discrimination that was applied to LGBT until fairly recently.

I always think that this is an interesting contradiction, when people refer to LGBT.....Q.

What isn't questioning and queer about paedophilia, other that accepted social discrimination?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
You did not address my argument, LGBTQ refers to gender attraction, pedophilia is about age attraction - one is intrinsically wrong, and one is neutral, you do not understand sexuality. You don't know what you're talking about.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
Nope....It's all about instinctive sexual gratification and the utilisation of varying solutions and methodologies.

Attraction is attraction, and whatever floats ones boat is whatever floats ones boat.

You're "talking" diversions, to avoid the obvious contradictory and controversial issue I raised.

So a ninety year old man has sex with a girl, the day before her 16th birthday and also on her 16th birthday. (British age of consent).

Q. Why is one gender attraction, and the other age attraction.

A. Simply, because that is how society has chosen to discriminate.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
16, 18, etc, those are arbitrary numbers. You have literally hand waved away my arguments without any proper evidence. You've made plenty of assertions but you have no evidence nor evidently any actual understanding. all attraction is not the same "attraction" and even if it were we can empirically know which are harmful and which aren't pedophilia is harmful to those on the receiving end. This is in contrast to LGBTQ+, you can pathetically insist otherwise all you like, but your dog whistling it starting to paint you as a bigot.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
Harmful is as harmful does and is just as arbitrary as numbers and ones definition of attraction.

And your finale of metaphors, is you floundering in the deep end without your arm bands, whilst the transsexual lifeguard is busy eyeing up all those teen beauties of indiscriminate age and gender.

And the instinctive urge to reproduce is still  just that...However one might choose to achieve satisfaction.

And just for the record...I'm what used to be regarded as "Straight"....Though interestingly you didn't suggest that S topics should be included in history and sex education.

How times change.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
Um.. no something being harmful isn't arbitrary, and again, you have yet to present any evidence for your claims. All you have is empty assertions.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
The whole LGBTQ debate revolves around a certain amount unsubstantiated assertions....That's the nature of the debate.....No assertion is "Empty" though.

The fact that I make suggestions that don't sit easily with you, does not make my suggestions empty.....Saying so, is just a quick, cheap, avoiding strategy. 

In all cases the motivation is the same and the achievement of satisfaction is the goal, and methodology is variable.....Simple assertion that does not require further evidence.

How society has variously viewed the taboo subject of sexuality and sexual gratification is a secondary, ongoing issue.

Primary drive - secondary consideration.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
Do you want evidence of my assertions then? Because unlike you I actually have evidence, here's an overview about pedophilia [LINK], and that source defines pedophilia as the following, also there are some clarifications on related terms:

"Pedophilia is defined as an adult's sexual attraction to prepubescent children and seems to have different arousal patterns from hebephilia, which is the sexual response to pubescent children (Seto, 2009). The DSM V differentiates pedophilia from pedophilic disorder, where the sexual urges or fantasies toward prepubescent children cause marked distress, interpersonal difficulty or the individual has acted on these urges. Therefore, pedophilia, the mere attraction or sexual predilection for prepubescent children is not considered pathology (Mohnke et al., 2014; Tenbergen et al., 2015). It is a sexual preference different from sexual offenders against children (Tenbergen et al., 2015). Clinically this is an important distinction, because a high percentage of pedophiles do not act on their sexual urges, and 40–50% of sex offenders, that have engaged in sexual contact with children and are also called pedosexuals, have equal or higher sexual arousal with adults (Seto, 2009)."

Furthermore having sex as an adult with a child is problematic for several reasons, I suppose I have to list them for you if you still aren't getting it.

1. Children are very vulnerable to peer pressure, especially peer pressure by adults, and this makes any sort of "consent" unlikely to be valid. Studies suggest that children linearly grow resistant to peer pressure between the ages of 14 and 18, and trauma/manipulation by adult figures can have extremely negative effects on a person's ability to resist peer pressure. [LINK]
  2. Studies find that adolescents are still developing significantly, this is true especially of children before the age of 14 or so [LINK] - Victumsofcrimes.org reports that children are most vulnerable between the ages of 7 and 14, with the most reported molestations happening in that time range and between 14 and 17 [LINK]. This combined with [1] makes consent on part of a child dubious to say the very least.
  3. Studies report that victims of childhood molestation have a significantly higher chance of developing depression, anger issues, anxiety, suicidal tendencies, gynecologic problems, including chronic pelvic pain, dyspareunia, vaginismus, nonspecific vaginitis, and gastrointestinal disorders. Victims of childhood molestation also show a tendency to avoid showing these problems well into adulthood. [LINK]
  4. Children are not physically mature enough to handle sexual intercourse without substantial damage to genitals and other features, this is all without the ability to give proper consent mind you [LINK]. Cis-gendered females are not finished developing until an average of 16, and cis-gendered males aren't finished developing until around an average of 21. [LINK]
And this is only some of the research going into this - I could go on and on, but you see there is a very big difference between you and I, I do not blindly accept assertions without evidence, and as you have made a claim, you have the neccessary burden to prove it.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Theweakeredge
Pedophilia is not an orrientation and will never be. If you believe being attracted to minors is in anyway a sexual orientation that is not the case
Vader
Vader
-->
@Theweakeredge
Furthermore, being taught of it as an orientation similar to the LGBTQ+ community is a damage to that community. Many LGBTQ+ people despise pedophilia, and to be associated with that is a disrespect to those identified. 

Being a pedo is a mental illness and disease, being LGBTQ+ is not a mental illness. Don't associate the two together
Vader
Vader
-->
@zedvictor4
Thanks for saying you justify pedophilia. I will now proceed to block until I turn 18 knowing that you justify a mental illness. You are vile to think that a 16 year old can engage in activity with a 30 year old male/female
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Vader
Well yes pedophilia and LGBTQ+ are separate, not because one isn't a sexual orientation however. It is, however, people should learn about that IN ADDITION TOO LGBT+ topics, that way anybody with Pedophilia can get the help they need before they ever attempt to assault anybody. We agree basically, the only difference is that categorically pedophilia is an orientation. There is a difference though. While LGBT people are attracted to gender, and will describe what gender people are attracted to, Pedophilia describes being attracted to children as an adult, again, you can be straight and a pedophile, gay and a pedophile, etc, etc, they are separate things.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
@StupiDudz

As I stated....I6 is the age of consent in the U.K.... (And variously, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20,21. depending upon where in the world one happens to reside.)

You obviously haven't learned to read yet.

So show me where I stated that I "Justify Paedophilia"......Maybe I will block you for telling defamatory lies.

I'm not that childish though.

@Weakeredge
And All I did was Q, Q........And P Q's Q....There's no getting away from the fact.

And once more for the record.... I'm S.....And being S doesn't even get a mention these days....In my opinion S should head the list (SLGBTQ) when it comes to sex education....Call me old fashioned if you like.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
You have not justified your assertion. You are being a troll.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
Which assertion?.....I simply Q'd Q...And cited P as a possible candidate for Q.

And you never justified the contradiction in past and present discrimination.

All that you gave, were tutorials on sexual and mental health... And risking the wrath of the PC crowd, one could argue that the same sexual and mental health issues could also be applied to LGBT, depending upon their proclivities of course....Nonetheless this all detracts from the OP and the pertinent Q's that evolve therefrom......And also your unwillingness to discuss the utterly ridiculous notion of teaching kids the S factor.

As as for your parting criticism.....Well, you are being a Troll too so there...... na na na na na.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
You claimed that pedophilia and LGBT community are equivalent, I corrected you - they are not. That is a false equivalence. You have continued on as if I never said a thing, I have, you have not justified your assertion. You see I am actually engaging in your claims, you are pretending as if I haven't said a thing - you are being a troll. Either answer or be blocked, its your choice. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
"LGBT community"......An emotive plea for an anonymous collective, whose integrity you cannot vouch for....And notably you've excluded "Q" from the equation. 

If you recall, my initial question regarded "Q"... Therefore any subsequent equivalences inferred were direct at Q relative to P relative to the O.P.

Nonetheless the equivalences of past and present discrimination do present themselves, when considering the O.P......"LBTQ + topics in their history and sex education".

Sexual proclivities are, though your proclivity to be both defensive and offensive at the mere mention of the  P word overbore the relevant issues.

And you did not "correct me", you merely presented an alternative point of view....To assume a position of correctability,  is to say the least audacious, if not arrogant.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
An alternative point of view? No. I directly demonstrated your position incorrect. You are wrong here, and you do not know what you're talking about. Have fun being blocked now troll. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@zedvictor4
I really don't care. Legal age of consent in America is 18 (17 in some states, but not mine)

You said a 90year old can have sex with a 16 year old. Therefore, blocked until I turn 18. Nothing against you, but when you justify an age difference such as that which is illegal in America, I will not be interacting until I am a legal adult
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@Theweakeredge
@SupaDudz

So, can't get your own way, so throwing your toys out of the pushchair.....Children behaving like children....Fair enough.

But my advice is....Don't discuss mature subjects, if you're not mature enough to discuss mature subjects....Stick to playing games.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Pedophilia is a consent issue same as rape.