School systems should include LBTQ+ topics in their history and sex education

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 278
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@IlDiavolo
And it is parents' duty to teach children how to differentiate and integrate functions. It is parents' duty to teach children the writing style of Shakespeare. It is parents' duty to teach children the history of slavery.

Let's abolish schools, is this a horrible idea?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Trouble is, parents are just as likely as anyone else to abuse their offspring's brain with misinformation.

In fact, modern humanity is founded upon a great deal of misinformation.

Though the truth will out in the end.....One assumes.

And conservative righties are just as likely to have wet dreams, given all that pent up sexuality.

And the wider society always interferes in the teaching of children. T'would be anarchy otherwise Mr Diavolo.
IlDiavolo
Debates: 0
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
Jewish parents send their children to jewish schools to learn jewish things so they have jewish lives. Is it brainwsshing for you? No, it's the way it is. People raise their children according to their beliefs, there is nothing wrong about that.

And I am obviously remarking the fact that LGTBQZYHGDTI...+ movement is as much a belief as any other religion. Schools should teach facts, parents should teach morality, their morality. 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
I understand there are problems wit some parents, but this cant be solved brainwsshing their children. I am more inclined to a solution like schools for parents.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
And Muslim parents send their children to Muslim schools etc.

And we end up with a divided World.

Currently no real solution, so just best to keep ones head down.

And I would suggest that attempting to re-educate adults is a tall order.

Established data will always tend to override the new.

To make a difference you need to affect brains early.

And I would further suggest that LGBTQ etc. Is a liberal ideology rather than a belief.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@zedvictor4
LGBT ideology is just that, an ideology, an act of faith, not a fact that should be taught in schools.

And I am obviously talking about public schools which are financed with our taxes. If it's public, then they should be limited to teach facts, not beliefs. Thats why I mentioned the jewish example because when it comes to private school you can choose the one that best suits your family's mindset, not the mindset of an "iluminated" progressive lefty.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@IlDiavolo
We aren't teaching children the most cutting-edge leftarian ideologies, it is a vital part of culture and it exists, so teaching it is as factual as teaching slavery.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@IlDiavolo
Yep a liberal ideology, as I stated.

Though in liberally progressive societies, all the information is out there and readily available for kids to absorb, so whether or not it is discussed in a School environment  becomes somewhat irrelevant anyway.

That said, perhaps it is therefore essential that such things are discussed openly and in a balanced way.

As I don't foresee any imminent reversal of current social trends.

10 days later

TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
Hell no. Not until college. 
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Theweakeredge
There is no need for LGBTQ+ sex education in schools. 

Sex education isn't even in elementary. And there is a biological reason for sexual education. LGBTQ+ is a belief, not base in any facts whatsoever. 

Just like religions can't be taught in classes, this shouldn't be either. 

If people want student led afterschool activity's like LGBTQ+ meetup, or Bible club, then that should be the only thing allowed.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Sexual education isn't just about the mechanics of pregnancy. It's about safe sexual practices in general. Since people under the LGBTQ+ banner still have sex, presumably learning about safe sexual practices would also be beneficial to them.

Though admittedly such a topic would serve a more niche group, it's still nice to be inclusive of everybody.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@dustryder
Sexual education isn't just about the mechanics of pregnancy. It's about safe sexual practices in general.
Usually sexual education takes place in biology class though. And there is nothing biological about having sex through the LGBTQ+ way. 

The reason they teach sexual education to kids is so that the future generation knows how to reproduce, and how to do it safely. They don't teach kids to have sex for pleasure. That is what the LGBTQ+ agenda teaches. 
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Usually sexual education takes place in biology class though. And there is nothing biological about having sex through the LGBTQ+ way. 
Biology simply deals with the science of living organisms. Unless it's your contention that LGBTQ+ find themselves more often than not banging stiffs, it's fundamentally no different to two animals humping.

The reason they teach sexual education to kids is so that the future generation knows how to reproduce, and how to do it safely. They don't teach kids to have sex for pleasure. That is what the LGBTQ+ agenda teaches. 
The whole of school is to is to equip young people with skills and knowledge that they can use in the future. While I'm sure they aren't specifically teaching kids to have sex for pleasure, it's ultimately a fact that nearly everyone will whether straight or LGBTQ+, therefore teaching people to engage in sexual behaviour responsibly is rather valuable. 

Also, all sexual education classes will include a module on safe sex with contraceptives, which seems to run contrary to your claim that such classes are there to teach how to reproduce, and supports mine that they are there to teach responsible sexual behaviour.

AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
Of course it should.

In regards to sexual education, this would help lower the amount of STIs that are spread, especially as certain acts that can spread STIs are never taught as such.

Historically, regardless of if you agree with the LGBTQ+ community, they've been a social movement that has had huge impacts on our politics, demographics, and legal system over the last couple decades, and tracing that lineage is important.

127 days later

Rieka
Debates: 3
Rieka
No. Schools should not be including all that LBGTQ+ crap into History and Sex Education. As a middleschool student, I can certainly say myself that the left's agenda has already damaged our school system, and it's clear that there's no return with the way our society is heading. The very generation I'm disgusted by is sadly the one I'm in, a generation that doesn't know the difference between a man and a woman. First of all, in History, you're supposed to be learning about your country's, state's history and basic world history, which is already failed to be taught. Ask your average dumbass college student to name 7 countries and watch them struggle. It's pathetic. History class only goes into politics when it needs to, to explain the causes of WW1 for instance, and it doesn't need to cover all of the sick and twisted history of people forgetting what a woman is. It shouldn't be taught in a school curriculum at all. If someone wants to be apart of the rainbow mob, fine. That's not my problem. It becomes my problem whenever I'm forced to learn about it in school. I'm there to learn FACTS. Not your stupid inclusivity and make-believe. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Rieka

Students should be learning about LGBTQ issues and experiences in 3rd grade.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
3rd graders don't need to know how to fuck and get fucked.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

No, you just teach them how the brain is wired to think both male and female when some of the 30 trillion brain connections are not working properly.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
3rd graders don't have sexual attraction. They don't need to be groomed to teach them sexual attraction that does not exist.

The brain continues to develop up to age 20. This is why sexuality can change throughout adolescence as the brain naturally has developing redundant systems to compensate for apparent failures.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@FLRW
The children aren't old enough to understand less than 5% of the world's abnormal population's brain function, or rather dysfunction. 
Rieka
Rieka
-->
@Greyparrot
Exactly, man!
Rieka
Rieka
-->
@FLRW
You’re truly a sick individual. Kids do not need to know that shit!
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Rieka

Do you have a very low IQ? You aren't from Slovenia, are you?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@FLRW
If that "7-year-old transgender daughter" doesn't have some sort of physical birth defect,
Then I see this situation similar as parents naming their kid as Hitler and raising him as a Nazi.

Not that I'm saying 'I would step into 'either case,
But society 'does seem to have lines it doesn't like parents to cross.

They're not 'killing trans individuals directly,
Though I suppose one might argue they're tying to decrease a movement they disagree with,
Killing an idea,
But eh, if some people wanted to genocide the IDEA of a popular movement of pedophiles,
Who cares.

I am not saying that LGBT are pedophiles,
I am using an extreme example (Pedophiles),
To question the use of the word Genocidal.
. . .

I admit this post is clumsy of me,
But even if I am clumsy,
I still might want to improve my ability to discuss topics.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
I guess Florida is where woke goes to die.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
The article primarily focuses on the parents' perspective and their decision-making process regarding their family's relocation. The article highlights the fears and concerns of the parents in response to the child abuse investigations and anti-LGBTQ legislation, while the child's needs and experiences are not extensively explored.

A more balanced and comprehensive approach would involve incorporating the perspectives and experiences of the transgender child, Elsa, to provide a fuller picture of the situation. This could involve discussing Elsa's personal experiences, her understanding of her gender identity, and her feelings about potential separation from her family or restricted access to care. Incorporating the child's viewpoint would gone a long way to better capture the impact of these issues on transgender children and convey a more nuanced understanding of the challenges they face. The focus of the article should have been on the experiences of the child when discussing matters that directly affect them instead of woke parents. Without such a discussion, we really don't know if her parents are abusing Elsa through Munchausen by proxy.

Also: The headline of the article, "'Genocidal': Transgender people begin to flee states with anti-LGBTQ laws," is blatantly sensationalized and seems intended to evoke strong emotions. It is important for critical thought to approach such topics with care and accuracy, avoiding hyperbolic language that rarely represents the real situation.

While other states may be perfectly accepting of juvenile castration, juvenile grooming, and juvenile exposure to fucking, Florida seems to be a fortress of protection against such practices.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
The Trevor Project estimates that at least one LGBTQ youth between the ages of 13–24 attempts suicide every 45 seconds in the U.S.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Did you ever have a gay friend that committed suicide?  I did.