BHM Mafia - Day Phase 2

Author: Danielle

Read-only
Total: 12
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
DEAD

Known as "The Man Who Killed Jim Crow," Charles Hamilton Houston (Speedrace) was a black lawyer who helped play a role in dismantling the Jim Crow laws and helped train future Supreme Court justice Thurgood Marshall. Houston played a role in nearly every civil rights case before the Supreme Court between 1930 and Brown v. Board of Education (1954). His brilliant plan to attack and defeat Jim Crow segregation by using the inequality of the “separate but equal” doctrine (from the Supreme Court’s Plessy v. Ferguson decision) as it pertained to public education in the United States was the master stroke that brought about the landmark Brown decision. In this game, Charles Hamilton Houston was a town Lawyer that could defend other people's rights. During the night phase he could submit the name of a player he wished to protect from being lynched the following day phase. 

LIVING

01 Bringerofrain 
02 Crocodile
03 iLikePie5
04 whiteflame 
05 MisterChris
06 SupaDudz 
07 oromagi

It takes 4 votes to lynch. Day Phase 2  will end on Thursday 2/25 @ 3:00 pm EST. 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
  • I am the WATCHER
  • I watched speed, cuz that's what Casey Jones would do
  • bringerofrain visited speed
  • only bringerofrain visited speed
VTL BRINGERofRAIN

Bringer- we can postpone your VTL by one DP IF you will give up your scum partner

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Exhausted, probably won’t participate much over the course of the day due to ridiculous work hours, and while I would like a character claim as well from Oro, I do believe his results.

VTL Bringerofrain
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
VTL BringerOfDeath
Danielle
Danielle
Vote Count
Bringerofrain (oromagi, whiteflame, Pie) -- 3/4 votes 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I am Benjamin Banneker.  The poem in my OP is a well known poem by Rita Dove titled "Banneker"  Although there was no explicit justification, Banneker was known for surveying DC and as a stargazer and for his almanac so WATCHER seems like a fair fit.  In the poem, I capitalized "clock" and "er" to soft claim - clock=watch + er.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
So Speed was telling the truth... Our assumptions on how roles work should play less of a role in this game now that we know this...

Also, this is a weird NK because it seems like Speed would be a good mislynch target for mafia. I'm thinking mafia might be made up of inexperienced players because of this. 

Also also, with Speed's character & role, this confirms what I've been saying all along: while we may not have explicit justifications, generally our roles will make sense given our characters.  Don't know why Bringer sussed me over that but the point is moot now. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Ah another instance where a PGO turns out to be scum 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@MisterChris
Hammer him let’s go
MisterChris
MisterChris
Ah, I'm not hammering until Bringer logs on, but TOWN is in a good spot now. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@ILikePie5
Don't we wanna make sure no one counterclaims Oro?

Although I guess if he's lying we can just lynch Oro tomorrow.

Fine. 

VTL Bringerofrain
Danielle
Danielle
The Day Phase Has Ended -- Bringerofrain was lynched. He was GUILTY.

No more posting in this thread.

Night actions that are not submitted by 3 pm EST on Tuesday, 2/23 will be forfeited.