Natural Herbal antidepressant (not an ad) St. John's Wort

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 18
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I am someone who has been dealing with chronic 'low mood' as well as anxiety my entire life, especially once I was a teen. I have tried therapy/ies and medications but I do confess to not having tried many long enough or trying enough variety to truly talk of the good of this vs that.

What I can tell you is that St. John's Wort (a powerful flower-based herbal remedy) is extremely good at stabilising my mood in ways nothing has been before. I am aware that you wouldn't notice that by me on this website as I appear hostile at times but combined with habitual deep breathing and regular meditation, this has made me never once 'lose it'. I'm not saying I need it for that, you can attribute that success to me but without it, the baseline mood is lower and more anxious.

Do not take this if you're pregnant, on menopause medication or other antidepressant medication. Other mood stabilising medication can potentially work in harmony with it, so research carefully.
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@EtrnlVw
Is in he agreeing? Or what plant(s) does he recommend? It's a very long video.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
Yes he's an herbalist. I gave you the link because I think with the direction you are going this would help you further. All the videos are relevant...He uses raw diet and herbs to heal physical and "mental" ailments. He teaches about the role of glands, how to get them healthy and reverse all health problems with the use of foods. He has the best quality herbal formulas you can find, plus he's quite a smart fella. Watch some of the vids if you get time. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
 Or what plant(s) does he recommend? 

He grows his own herbs, makes his own formulas. He uses a variety of many different plants for different parts of the body. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@EtrnlVw
I will. Some people who mock alternative medicine have no clue how we originally discovered what medicine is when we only had herbs at our disposal.

I am open-minded for sure, actually I am weary of just how powerful they can be (and have experienced it first-hand as I'm a very sensitive guy to biochemical things). Are you saying he sells mixtures or gives advice how to mix them ourselves?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@EtrnlVw
Ah he's a raw meat diet advocate, I know another of his school of thought (other guy is much angrier and hostile about it, in terms of his approach to modern science and the world). I'm not sure I buy all of what they're saying, especially not the anti-vax angle but I definitely understand the argument that we evolved eating and healing via natural plants and raw meat so genetically we can't deny that we're capable of surviving like that.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
I will. Some people who mock alternative medicine have no clue how we originally discovered what medicine is when we only had herbs at our disposal.

Lol, it's funny anyone would label it alternative medicine in comparison to the freak show of the dangerous pharmaceutical world. Not to mention the amount of deaths related to them. Many people are ignorant that God's herbs are created for the human body, as well as animals. 

I am open-minded for sure, actually I am weary of just how powerful they can be (and have experienced it first-hand as I'm a very sensitive guy to biochemical things). Are you saying he sells mixtures or gives advice how to mix them ourselves?

Both, but he has his own product which is much more convenient, plus he is a master herbalist and has 50 years experience. When herbs are used with proper diet it is hands down the most effective, cost efficient and zero risk method to heal the body. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
Ah he's a raw meat diet advocate

No not really, he is a raw food advocate with first fruits, and then veggies. Fruits are the superior food source by far and are the most detoxifying (healing) as they are very hydrating, full of nutrition and nutrients, electrolytes and energic qualities. But with meat, it is an acidic diet so he stays on the alkaline side of chemistry and so if one must eat meat....it's more beneficial to eat it raw. Of course we are not talking about store bought products here, we are talking about eating it when an animal is killed. However, he is not at all a meat advocate. 

, I know another of his school of thought (other guy is much angrier and hostile about it, in terms of his approach to modern science and the world). I'm not sure I buy all of what they're saying, especially not the anti-vax angle but I definitely understand the argument that we evolved eating and healing via natural plants and raw meat so genetically we can't deny that we're capable of surviving like that.

Well first of all, raw food is about paying attention to science and mostly chemistry. It's the pharmaceutical industry that's really the pseudoscience here. But it is bought and paid for, and the objective is to make natural, holistic methods look foolish, when in fact it is superior. So be careful who you listen to. We follow reality, nature and chemistry as it relates to the human body and health. 
This guy I follow is a chemist, and a bio-chemist and has years of hands on experience. He has no motives or weird unscientific theories, his methods in other words aligns with reality not some quacky side show like the AMA. His clinic is renown for their cure rates and good ethical practices.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm sure you're aware that any supplement, herbal or whatever, is not a true healing, but a treatment of symptom[s] that do not address cause. Root cause.

I have suffered a sleep disorder that prevents a full night's sleep since, with some periods of remission, I was a teen. I "came of age" as a 14-year-old, concerned with the Cuban missile crisis. After everyone else in the family had gone to bed, I left my bed, staying awake in the living room. I was not going to sleep when the Russians pounded down the door. I was convinced they would. Absurd, yes, but the habit stuck. My typical sleep period is about 4 hours. I used to be able to handle it, but at my age, sleep apnea, which I do not have, is a real possibility, and its time for me address the cause; if I only knew what it was. That it's in my head [that is, it isn't a physical root cause] is a certainty.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
The cause can be physical, hormonal and in my case there was and is both (is, not was alone, as it's lifelong). If you knew more about my ancestors and genetic predisposition to not be the happiest person, as well as how my childhood affected me (and many others) you'd realise it isn't something to do with a 'weak mindset'. It wasn't easy for me to admit either, that there's an element that's entirely physical/genetic and outside of my control but I guarantee you that my body and brain in their totally default state are unhappy and very gloomy, it's bearable but 0% pleasurable. Admitting this was a huge step for me, caffeine is part of what I call my medication if we're being precise but this thing has helped me a lot and I only recently came across it.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@RationalMadman
Ah, you raiser a good point - a hormonal, therefore physical cause. 
Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
-->
@RationalMadman
Have you tried vitamin D? I hear that a lot of mood and energy disorders are caused by low vitamin D, and also that people in colder climates or who stay indoors a lot usually have a deficiency
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Bringerofrain
Mhmm doesn't do much though, not saying it isn't worth taking. A huge portion of people are vitamin D deficient at the moment by the way, due to lockdown. I take a supplement but that's not what overall helped my mood, it does slightly boost energy levels though (very slightly).
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch

Essential oils are not for ingesting but when put in a diffuser the smell can relax you and they have carrier oil mixes that are safe for skin if you want to roll on the oil. 

I take Vitamin D for my bones but I have never noticed a mood enhancement from it. I would say ask your dr to add it to your next blood work and see if you really need it. Don't know if you have a local place that offers Floats but they are amazing.  I do one very two weeks. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
If you had watched a few videos you would already be ahead of the game. You won't need supplements or vitamins. If people knew I don't just give out information that's not the most beneficial lol. Watch the videos man....if you had, we'd already be in much deeper discussions. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Bringerofrain
Her reply is more relevant to the thread than yours. You are the one trolling her.
Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
-->
@RationalMadman
Fine, but you won't listen to me. Get 40% of your total macronutrients from protein. Seriously, drop the simple carbs, keep complex carbs, but mostly get 40% of macros from protein.