Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
GRAVEYARD

Speedrace - town Lawyer
Bringerofrain - mafia Goon
iLikePie (1) - town Elite Bodyguard
whiteflame - town Vanilla

Constance Baker Motley (Crocodile/ilikePie-2) was an American lawyer and jurist; an effective legal advocate in the civil rights movement. She obtained a role with the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund before entering law school as a staff attorney, and continued her work with the organization for more than twenty years. Baker Motley argued 12 landmark civil rights cases in front of the Supreme Court, winning nine of them. She was a law clerk to Thurgood Marshall, aiding him in the case Brown v. Board of Education. Baker Motley was also the first African American woman appointed to the federal judiciary. In this game, she was a town Justice. During the night phase she could submit the name of two players, and learn if they had the same alignment. 

LIVING

01 MisterChris
02 SupaDudz
03 oromagi 

The day phase will end on 12 pm noon  (EST) tomorrow. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
VTL MisterChris
Danielle
Danielle
Vote Count
MisterChris (oromagi ) -- 1/2 votes 
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Danielle
Might as well.

VTL MisterChris.

GG town. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Ya so who was right again?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@MisterChris
Any normal person would’ve lynched you yesterday, but Oro was low iq this game
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@ILikePie5
For sure. Oromagi may want to keep his notifications off for a while... lol

Kudos for using my ignorance on the PMs against me. I thought by "no justification" you guys meant the "if ____, then ___" thing was missing and that was all. Danielle's PMs to the scum were similarly vague but they had extra details that kept me from realizing until it was too late
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@MisterChris
For sure. Oromagi may want to keep his notifications off for a while... lol

Kudos for using my ignorance on the PMs against me. I thought by "no justification" you guys meant the "if ____, then ___" thing was missing and that was all. Danielle's PMs to the scum were similarly vague but they had extra details that kept me from realizing until it was too late
Ya I was super sus when the entire PM came out after I died. Thought I might try to pull a fast one and see if it worked even if y’all had the same format.

It’s funny though. Danielle hates PM structure analysis and that’s what lead to y’all’s death lol
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@ILikePie5
well it definitely worked. I'm surprised I managed to survive as long as I did. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@ILikePie5
despite the screwup I think this game enhanced my scum play somewhat
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
The PM flips are structured as "this person could do..."

It was so obvious that they had been changed
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
The PM flips are structured as "this person could do..."

It was so obvious that they had been changed
Exactly my point
Danielle
Danielle
Vote Count
Mister Chris (oromagi, MisterChris) -- 2/2 votes 

MisterChris was lynched. He was Guilty. 

Town Wins!

Like white supremacists, revolutionary black nationalists deny that they are preaching hate, and blame the mainstream media for misrepresenting them. Some in the mainstream have even bought into RBN leaders, especially Marcus Garvey (MisterChris). Despite Garvey meeting with KKK leaders to undermine the NAACP, a Marcus Garvey Park sits right by Columbia University in Manhattan, and there is a Marcus Garvey Boulevard right here in Brooklyn. Pretty surreal for someone who praised Nazi Germany, right? I don't know why he is seen as a good guy. In this game, he was the mafia Godfather. He appeared as town-aligned to investigations or inquiries of any kind.

Danielle
Danielle
Still Alive

Born Malcolm Michaels Jr., Marcia P. Johnson (SupaDudz)  was a gay liberation activist who decided on the drag queen name "Marsha P. Johnson. The Johnson came from the restaurant Howard Johnson's on 42nd Street, and the P stood for "pay it no mind." Johnson used the phrase sarcastically when questioned about gender, saying "it stands for pay it no mind." Johnson even said the phrase once to a judge, who was amused by it, leading to Johnson's release. Johnson's gender expression could perhaps most accurately be called gender non-conforming; Johnson never self-identified with the term transgender, but the term was also not in broad use while Johnson was alive. Known as an outspoken advocate for gay rights, Johnson was one of the prominent figures in the Stonewall Uprising of 1969: a series of spontaneous demonstrations by members of the LGBT community, who fought back against police raids back when police used to beat the shit out of people just for existing in gay bars. Johnson was a founding member of the Gay Liberation Front, and did a lot of work during the AIDS crisis. In this game, Johnson was a vanilla townsperson with no special abilities, but could influence the game with their voice and their vote. 

Benjamin Banneker (oromagi) was a free black man living in a slave state in the eighteenth century - an anomaly for sure. As African-American homesteaders, his family experienced not just freedom but also a quintessentially American vision of independence and economic self-determination that was rarely possible for nonwhites. He became an almanac author, surveyor, landowner and farmer who had knowledge of mathematics and natural history. Banneker's knowledge of astronomy and star gazing helped him author a commercially successful series of almanacs. Around the age of 21, he reportedly completed a wooden clock that struck on the hour. He appears to have modeled his clock from a borrowed pocket watch by carving each piece to scale. The clock purportedly continued to work until his death. In this game, Benjamin Banneker was the town Watcher and could watch a player each night to see if they were visited by anyone. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Vader
@whiteflame
@oromagi
@Bringerofrain
Close game! I do think this game was really balanced. While I admittedly should have clarified to scum that the role PMs did not give explicit justifications for town, that was discussed at length on Day Phase 1 (MisterChris actually led that discussion) and Speed clarified it right off the bat, which everyone else confirmed. So it wasn't really bastard modding on my part so much as him forgetting and slipping (nice job by Pie to get that out of him btw) but I could have been more explicit. Note, however, that the OP of the game says you should NOT rely on PM structure -- and I promise I will go out of my way to trip up people with that in the future, because analyzing PMs/activity time and other stuff like that is so fucking lame. Valid but lame. 

What was bastard modding was me telling Pie he was the Elite Bodyguard, when in reality his role was always meant to function as a regular Bodyguard just for the sake of balance. However I called him an elite bodyguard because it fit the character so well. That said, I wouldn't have changed anything about balance and think everyone sees the scum team could have easily won this game. Had Chris not slipped,  it was very likely there would have been a mislynch on DP4 and they would have won. 

Also, oromagi watched  Bringerofrain target Speedrace, and if that hadn't happened then scum likely would have won also. The scum team thought it was dumb for oro to watch Speed but he seemed like an obvious target and indeed he was the target. 

Btw - someone said I am "notorious" for making up roles in games lol is that true? I did it years ago (in fact I created a themed game around made up roles) but I hardly ever do that. In this game, the Lawyer role was very fitting for Speed's character and I thought that was a role with balanced (neutral) utility. I also wanted to have a Justice instead of Cop just to make things interesting, and because the Justice visits 2 people each night which increased the odds of the Watcher seeing him which could create confusion and cause a mislynch. Plus the mafia had a GF that could bypass the Justice. And of course that role fit the character as well.

All in all, I stand by the fact the game was really balanced as I accounted for different things and they seemed to have played out for the most part.

Town would have fared better if they were active. All roles were randomly assigned. XLAV actually placed himself into the scum team (I assign roles to numbers and then people sign up next to numbers) without me knowing his Discord name, so Chris spent the first day phase without a partner. And like I said with one or two different moves, they would have won. Nice job to all. The MVP = iLikePie5. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
What was bastard modding was me telling Pie he was the Elite Bodyguard, when in reality his role was always meant to function as a regular Bodyguard just for the sake of balance. 
I knew it 😂
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I definitely did not know who scum was going into DP4 cause everyone came up innocent. Decided to reread the DPs and voila 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
It was obvious
oromagi
oromagi
Pie on Monday:  I don't understand why it's so hard to get people to play mafia.  C'mon people.

Pie on Tuesday:  OH MY GOD!  YOU ARE SUCH A FUCKING RETARD!  YOU ARE GOING TO BE SO HUMILIATED WHEN THIS GAME IS DONE!

Pie on Wednesday:  I don't understand why it's so hard to get people to play mafia.  C'mon people.

oromagi
oromagi
I actually re-read the DPs on Saturday and found at least two false presumptions on my part.  I had decided to change my vote after I got answers to my question but never had an opportunity.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@oromagi
Pie on Monday:  I don't understand why it's so hard to get people to play mafia.  C'mon people.

Pie on Tuesday:  OH MY GOD!  YOU ARE SUCH A FUCKING RETARD!  YOU ARE GOING TO BE SO HUMILIATED WHEN THIS GAME IS DONE!

Pie on Wednesday:  I don't understand why it's so hard to get people to play mafia.  C'mon people.
lol
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Danielle
yeah it was balanced. I pushed that it wasn't for a Pie mislynch but alas
Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
I think oromagi did fine. People usually firm up their positions when you make personal attacks so I is almost better to be passive when challenging their logic. I also think pie and supa were being stubborn. They happened to be correct here but they should have been willing to see other scenarios. Like the possibility that oromagi bussed me on dp2. 

I did think watching speed was silly, but that was because I thought the lawyer claim and his personality made him an easy mislynch down the road. 

I thought pie should have been lynched DP1, for the same reasons he was lynched dp5, but I wouldn't have helped with the DP1 lynch. I was just hoping to draw suspicion on him so he would be investigated and cleared early
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
You should be ashamed of yourself. It was so obvious by literally everyone
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@ILikePie5
You guys were pissing me off with your stubbornness LOL. You know that he basically made the same slip DP1 and nobody cared. Kinda insulted that when I point it out it gets ignored and then when somebody else does it makes it obvious pie is scum. 

Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
Why was supa town read also? That annoys me as well. I know I missed something but I never go that read by everyone. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Bringerofrain
You guys were pissing me off with your stubbornness LOL. You know that he basically made the same slip DP1 and nobody cared. Kinda insulted that when I point it out it gets ignored and then when somebody else does it makes it obvious pie is scum. 
Lmfao
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Bringerofrain
Why was supa town read also? That annoys me as well. I know I missed something but I never go that read by everyone. 
Cause he didn’t Insta hammer me in DP4. Before that He could’ve been scum
Bringerofrain
Bringerofrain
-->
@ILikePie5
That makes sense. I get it now
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
@Speedrace
GG, damn oro you stalled that one out lol. 

Yo speed when your sign ups coming?