Good for the goose, good for the goose-in-chief

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 55
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Biden approves of an independent investigation into Cuomo?
how about for his own gandering accusers?
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@fauxlaw
Regardless it's a good move on Biden's part. 

Cuomo's sexual assault/harassment allegations are probably bullshit though. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@MisterChris
Whatever happened to the dying poundmetoo argument: believe the women? An argument offered by Dems, after all.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@fauxlaw
Whatever happened to the dying poundmetoo argument: believe the women? An argument offered by Dems, after all.
Went away as soon as a Democrat was accused, because as usual, rules for thee but not for me
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@ILikePie5
spot on
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
Hence my reasoning for Biden being my least favorite of all of the democratic nominees; however, which would I prefer a harasser or a serial harasser? This is very literally the lesser of two evils. I believe that Biden should be investigated for sexual harassment, of course, as should Trump. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
Biden should be investigated for sexual harassment, of course, as should Trump. 
You may have forgotten the results of Stormy Daniels' lawsuit against Trump. She and her dumb lawyer [who ended up bilking her] were thrown out of court for the stupid tactic of arguing the hush-money payment, which was intended to... shut her up [a completely legal tactic on Trump's part, which admitted nothing on Trump's part, by the way, and which she violated]. Why didn't she just charge Trump directly for harassment, or whatever it was she claimed? Maybe because it didn't happen as she claimed?  As every other claimant who came forward, then shrank back to the woodwork? Where are all those poundmetoo's now? Now that Democrats have denied them, as well, to whom do they go?
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@fauxlaw
 As every other claimant who came forward, then shrank back to the woodwork?
That's the drive by media for you. Come out with a head line like "White Cop Murders Black Man Who Was Holding His Hands Up". Then quietly, a month or two later, it turns out that nice gentleman was actually punching the cop and reaching for his gun.

The point is to rely on the short attention spans of the general public and slander Republicans(but it's fine since they're public officials), then quietly retract.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
Whatever happened to the dying poundmetoo argument: believe the women?
That’s not a liberal argument. No one is really saying all women should be believed, we’re saying all women should be heard.

*queue the video montage of the 0.01% of liberals who said somewhere on tape “believe all women”*
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
Uhuh... got a source? Also also, you are aware that there were.. dozens of people who claimed Trump was sexually assualting them... and... well he even admitted to it... you remember that right?

His brilliant response was, "I never said I was a perfect person." 

Uhuh.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@bmdrocks21
Yes, once media realized the short attention span of the general public, they regressed themselves. The result is apparent. And yet they poll the public and actually believe and report their findings, with some obvious manipuatin by the structure of their questions. Might as well bend over to kiss their collective arse.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Double_R
Yeah, queue it up. Most of those liberals were women, themselves.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
let he who is without sin cast the first stone. there's a reason why few live in glass houses.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
Are you that stupid that you are defending sexual harassment and going so far as to not only defend hush money usage in such cases but to insult and vilify the ones who were coerced into taking it?

If this is your honest stance, you're not someone I wish to be friends with off or on this website.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@RationalMadman
Nope, just presenting the practical legal side of things when harassment is merely alleged, but no one is willing to pursue a lawsuit. Makes me think the allegations are merely politically motivated. No, why should I believe anyone making the claim if they don't have the will to stand up for it? Easy to punch. just as easy to have nothing behind it. If you don't get it, remember what an original poster child of poundmetoo said to the media: "he told me to take my clothes off, so I did."  recall that this was after she willingly went to his hotel room by his invitation. Talk about wearing blinders. What did she think was on his mind. Afternoon tea?

What's stupid?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
I'll tell you what's stupid, aside from the immorality and over-the-top cynicism of your stance.

What's stupid is thinking that your 'clever' Trump would ever pay hush money unless he had indeed sexually harassed these victims. Surely, your genius Trump would not have wasted money in hushing accusers who couldn't cite dates, times and actions which he could prove wrong or cast sufficient doubt on. I wonder why he pressured several different accusers to accept his hush money... Maybe, no... Definitely because he damn well did what they're saying.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
Such allegations are powerful weapons,  easily exploited by a drooling media and impossible to eradicate.

So, what then should we realistically expect from a highly motivated, heterosexual, alpha-male?...A vow of celibacy and plenty of bromide perhaps.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
There is nothing connecting having regular sex to sexual harassment, do not confuse the two things.

You can be sexually active and completely refrain from sexually harassing a person/people. Conversely, you can be sexually celibate and sexually harass a person/people.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
So.. are you just ignoring the fact that Trump admitted to committing sexual assault, and his only defence was "I never claimed to be a perfect person"?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Theweakeredge
So.. are you just ignoring the fact that Trump admitted to committing sexual assault, and his only defence was "I never claimed to be a perfect person"?
This is so false lol. I said that with regards to Access Hollywood, which 

A.) Was just words that came out that any guy talks about tbh

B.) About groupies
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Just to recap,  Trump was caught on tape talking with the Today Show’s Billy Bush (at the time, Bush was at Access Hollywood), and Trump brags that because he’s famous, he could do whatever he wanted to women, and was able to “grab them by the p__sy” at his leisure. He likes kissing beautiful women, he says, and so just does it when he wants (“I don’t even wait,” he says – suggesting that he does in fact realize he should have a woman’s consent to kiss her, but feels fine about forcing it). While trying to get a married woman to sleep with him he “moved on her like a bitch.”

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Double_R
queue the video montage of the 0.01% of liberals who said somewhere on tape “believe all women”*
You mean Joe Biden and Kamala Harris right? The latter which called to impeach Kavanaugh in 2018 but is silent on Cuomo. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ILikePie5
He... word for word, said, he would grab females by their genitals, that is literally textbook sexual assault - though its funny how predictable your response is.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Theweakeredge
He... word for word, said, he would grab females by their genitals, that is literally textbook sexual assault - though its funny how predictable your response is.
As usual you cherry pick the quotes but this convo is about Andrew Cuomo and the double standard of Democrats.

Should Cuomo resign or impeached? Simple yes or no question 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ILikePie5
Give me precise evidence of everything he did, then I'll answer. I would do it myself, but I am currently busy.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Theweakeredge
Give me precise evidence of everything he did, then I'll answer. I would do it myself, but I am currently busy.
Why does it matter? He got accused of sexual harassment by 3 different women. If we apply the same standard as y’all did to Kavanaugh he should be impeached or resign right?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ILikePie5
One didn't admit to it on video....you know, so there is a quite a hurdle
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Theweakeredge
We’re comparing Kavanaugh and Cuomo not Trump and Cuomo
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ILikePie5
Then give me evidence of both, I was only discussing Trump - what is the evidence that both have committed sexual assualt 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@RationalMadman
@FLRW
@Theweakeredge
Have any of you ever been in the military, out in the field, a group huddled together, talking war stories, and the conversation drifts... or in a football locker room, high school or college, before or after the game... or in a group on the golf course who have known one another a long time, but talk of the old days... or a similar group of execs and a  few wanna-bes at a corporate retreat to pump the troops and a little r&r...

and you don't think the talk gets a little beyond truth and righteousness, when much of the talk extends beyond reality and is wishful thinking, and everybody in the group knows it, but carries on??? Really? Grow up guys. The real world is not just sugar and spice, and not even just power tools and golf clubs. We're all pretty ordinary people with war stories that were never more than little shouting matches. I have been in those places and situations. Sometimes, rarely, some of it is true. Mostly, it's bluff, and, as said, everybody knows what's what.

So, just settle down, admit that everyone brags, and it's mostly hot air. Allegations, and even 'war' [battle of the sexes] stories, would not stand up in court.