This site is alive

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 5
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
So... woo boy, its only been since September that I've joined the site - that's  6 months - and I've already seen this site radically change, I've seen multiple users come and go, etc, etc.. I saw some worry that this site was going downhill, and I think I disagree, I wasn't around for the "golden age of DDO" so I don't know how it compares. I would also just like to thank this entire site, it helped sharpen me from a kid with some decent ideas and no direction into an, at least, competent debater. The community, the engagement, and the wide variety of ideas.

If one was simply content to stay where nobody disagreed with them, there would be no intelligent growth, the key of developing is challenging yourself! So thanks, even the people I've come to dislike, because our many hundreds of back and forth have helped develop me into who I am today, and I like that person. It's also taught me quite a lot of things about people on the internet, things I thought I knew... well, they were reinforced. Anyway, its been a ride and I intend to keep on, though my activity may wax and wane, I'm at least trying to keep a presence. 

Despite that rambling thanks, I want to know what people think: do you think this site is more alive than it's been? Dying? Or just in the middle?
gugigor
Debates: 40
gugigor
-->
@Theweakeredge
I have very little idea, but I'd say the addition of you and Undefeatable at least adds some extra variation to the site. Fauxlaw, Mr. Chris, Whiteflame, RM and the gang were regular members who posted relatively often, so it wasn't too dead to begin with. I wonder how the heck the mods figured out that BringerofRain was Wylted. Hard to say if my 100 losses on seldiora counts as making the site more active, or just being silly with debates. XD
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Theweakeredge
It seems about the same to me. It could be more active, but I am still content with what we have.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@gugigor
you spurned debate activity like no other. 
Undefeatable
Debates: 64
Undefeatable
-->
@MisterChris
indian teacher go brrr (unless this is a very skilled troll lol)