Are property tax funds devoted to education totally accountable?

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 3
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
When I first moved to the state wherein I now reside, I immediately saw a TV local news broadcast of the retirement of the school board superintendant, whose retirement package included the title to her company car. Well, I wasn't that upset about that item until the broadcast included a photo of the car: a two-year-old Mercedes 2-door coupe. REALLY? Is that the best use of the education apportionment of property taxes? I'm all on for supporting public education with my taxes, but I draw the line at that kind of apportionment.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@fauxlaw
When I first moved to the state wherein I now reside, I immediately saw a TV local news broadcast of the retirement of the school board superintendant, whose retirement package included the title to her company car. Well, I wasn't that upset about that item until the broadcast included a photo of the car: a two-year-old Mercedes 2-door coupe. REALLY? Is that the best use of the education apportionment of property taxes? I'm all on for supporting public education with my taxes, but I draw the line at that kind of apportionment.
That's not the worst of it. Many of them receive six-figure severance payments. Public financing, in any form, whether it be for health care or even education, is a scheme. It's a means to siphon funds from the unwitting without legal dissent.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Any teachers on this site who are unemployed, but receiving unempl. insurance, are you obligated to pay union dues out of those payments?