Planet of Cops: How progressives have appropriated victorian social mores

Author: BezosFuturist

Total: 4
BezosFuturist
Debates: 0
BezosFuturist

I recently stumbled upon an article that perfectly sums up our current political climate.  The activist right has long been known for its censorious attitude and paternalistic social views, centering around the argument that people ought to be protected against certain "dangerous" ideas.  The conservative stiffs now have equals on the left in the form of rabid progressives.  Communist China had the Red Guard, who enforced conformity in their local communities by harassing and even assaulting people who they viewed as insufficiently patriotic.  Progressives have an army of "woke" Twitter sleuths who similarly harass people who do not give absolute fealty to far left social principles.  

"The woke world is a world of snitches, informants, rats. Go to any space concerned with social justice and what will you find? Endless surveillance. Everybody is to be judged. Everyone is under suspicion. Everything you say is to be scoured, picked over, analyzed for any possible offense. Everyone’s a detective in the Division of Problematics, and they walk the beat 24/7. You search and search for someone Bad doing Bad Things, finding ways to indict writers and artists and ordinary people for something, anything. That movie that got popular? Give me a few hours and 800 words. I’ll get you your indictments. That’s what liberalism is, now — the search for baddies doing bad things, like little offense archaeologists, digging deeper and deeper to find out who’s Good and who’s Bad."

Thoughts?
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@BezosFuturist
Seems like its just establishing the trait of attempting to silence opposing viewpoints as not being exclusive as a characteristic to the left or right of the spectrum
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
the progressives would be happy with an Orwellian world.  The right, while they have a great disdain for what they consider unpatriotic, their approach is much different.  Not attending or watching football is a stark contrast to the progressive harassment and violence.  Boycotting is fine, you have the right to do it.
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I dont disagree w/you 🙃