Black Power Manifesto...The Devil You Know

Author: ebuc

Total: 16
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
Charles Blow in his new book "the devil you know: A black power manifesto" This guy is thinking generations ahead of others.

Hi states that it was 1970 before half of all overall  population black people had migrated out of south and now equal in north or combined north west east etc and that his manifesto points to a way for black people to gain their respect/equality other is by the following concept,

that, black people should no begin migrating back to the south, and specifically along interstate corridor of 7 states biggest cities that lie on major trajectory of interstates from Lousianna, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, Maryland, or Deleware and they could control politics of those states ergo 14 national senate seats.

so this is thinking along lines of the future generation{s}.   He makes clear that many in black community dont agree with him, but he feels this is the fastest and most secure way for black people to gain their powerbase in USA.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Lousianna, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, Maryland, or Deleware and they could control politics of those states ergo 14 national senate seats.

so make millions of people move so democrats can win senate seats?

really? this is the point where we are at. Clown world.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@ebuc
It's not a terrible idea - however - I object to it in that it seems to ignore the actual reason why black people are underrepresented in politics - it simply tries to have people move to a similar region as to increase the relative population, therefore increasing their statistical likelihood to control politics... It only treats the symptoms, not the actual disease if that makes sense. 

Furthermore, I'm sure not a lot of people WANT to move there, and MOVING could, in fact, be out of the financial range for a lot of the people affected, considering that due to several racists policies in the past and present has prevented most black individuals from accumulating wealth. Even further, I don't find the GOAL strong enough to actual justify the MEANS. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Clown world
Trumpet trumpism is largest "clown world" cult ever and you perfect example of clone of trumpism worsst characteristics.

C Blow makes clear to  those who chose to listen, that black are primarily not democrats and only forced in that direction because Republicans have not been supportive of  their plight.    Your clueless as to plight of blacks and other people of color cause your blinded by trumpism orange and the 74 million cult following who cherish, reacism, misinformation, fasle narative, Putin, Kim Young Pooh,  bigotry, all of which is used politically the last four years.....:--( .

I think Trump and many aorund him should be in prison and his cult follower have moral, ethical decency and respect for fellow human training for at least 6 months if not a year or more. 

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Theweakeredge
therefore increasing their statistical likelihood to control politics..
Yeah you actually get it. Your little gray cells are working well!

It only treats the symptoms, not the actual disease if that makes sense. 
yeah I get that.  Your little gray cells are working well!

Furthermore, I'm sure not a lot of people WANT to move there, and MOVING could, in fact, be out of the financial range for a lot of the people affected,
As presented by Blow ...'  many in black community dont agree with him '....... His manifestos goal is to gain political leverage, as you've already grasped as the primary point of the manifesto. Getting a new are larger generation set into place in those 7 states is 2ndary approach to primary goal.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@ebuc
You.... ignored my primary concerns, and continued on with your condescending tone - you've ignored the fact that this manifesto doesn't actually solve the problem
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@ebuc
that black are primarily not democrats and only forced in that direction because Republicans have not been supportive of  their plight.
Blacks tend to vote for democrats because the dems do the most amount of virtue signaling to the black community, similar to how religious voters tend to be republican because the right does the most amount of virtue signaling to religious voters.

I think Trump and many aorund him should be in prison and his cult follower have moral, ethical decency and respect for fellow human training for at least 6 months if not a year or more. 
How do you plan on jailing every single Trump supporter?  This violates the 1st and 8th amendment, and it is pretty expensive to build all these shelters and give free food to people for their political opinions.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheUnderdog
How do you plan on jailing every single Trump supporter?  This violates the 1st and 8th amendment, and it is pretty expensive to build all these shelters and give free food to people for their political opinions.
My mother always stated, where there is a will there is a way.  My will alone will not make it happen i.e it will take a team of willpower for that ever to occur, and I did say prison ---at least not in this thread--- for his racist, bigoted, misinformation and false narrative cultist followers of uncalled for, hated immoral acts. They all are a sad bunch of_______.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Yes. This is Clown World.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@ebuc
Really? I thought you were a bit more clued in to reality. I am disappointed.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
By Charles M. Blow | The New York Times
  | Feb. 1, 2021, 7:00 a.m.

It is easy to believe that Black power and influence is growing in America, and that the logical conclusion is that a set of policies favoring the Black community in America — a so-called Black agenda — is growing more likely as the years pass and the percentage of nonwhite Americans rises.

This election alone, the vice president is a first in several ways — not only the first Black person in that role, but also the first woman and the first person of South Asian descent.

Black people played an indispensable role in key states to deliver the White House to Joe Biden and control of the Senate to Democrats, including in Georgia, where Black voters were the majority of the coalition that turned the state blue.

Furthermore, an analysis by the Pew Research Center pointed out Thursday:
About a quarter of voting members (23 percent) of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate are racial or ethnic minorities, making the 117th Congress the most racially and ethnically diverse in history. There has been a long-running trend toward higher numbers of nonwhite lawmakers on Capitol Hill: This is the sixth Congress to break the record set by the one before it.”
Pew reported that “13 percent of House members are Black, about equal to the share of Black Americans.”

But some of what we see may be illusory and in some ways the passing of a Black agenda may become harder, not easier. The window that could allow the passage of such a slate of policies may be closing as we speak.

As Norman Ornstein tweeted in 2018:
“I want to repeat a statistic I use in every talk: By 2040 or so, 70 percent of Americans will live in 15 states. Meaning 30 percent will choose 70 senators. And the 30 percent will be older, whiter, more rural, more male than the 70 percent. Unsettling to say the least.”

The Washington Post checked this claim and found that “In broad strokes, Ornstein is correct.”

The Post continued:
“The Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service of the University of Virginia analyzed Census Bureau population projections to estimate each state’s likely population in 2040, including the expected breakdown of the population by age and gender. Although that data was released in 2016, before the bureau revised its estimates for the coming decades, we see that, in fact, the population will be heavily centered in a few states.”
If you think it has been hard to get this Senate to embrace policies like reparations or voting rights that stand to benefit Black people, imagine how much harder that task will be before a Senate that continues to tilt toward smaller states.

This is why I think Mitch McConnell was playing sly when he demanded that Democrats maintain the Senate filibuster as part of a power-sharing agreement.

He tweeted Tuesday:
“Today, I made clear that if Democrats ever attack the key Senate rules, it would drain the consent and comity out of the institution. A scorched-earth Senate would hardly be able to function. It wouldn’t be a progressive’s dream. It would be a nightmare. I guarantee it.”
He then dropped that objection without getting any concession in return. I believe he is playing a Brer Rabbit-style trick with the ultimate goal of creating a nightmare scenario for progressives. While abandoning the filibuster would indeed be advantageous to liberals in the short term, in the long term — when it may become harder and harder for Democrats to maintain control of the chamber — it could be a disaster, allowing the minority in America to say what becomes law and which judges get confirmed.

Republicans will look back on these days and say that we begged the Democrats to keep the filibuster, but they wouldn’t listen. Now that Democrats have gotten rid of it, we Republicans will play the game by the rules they established: “Scorched-earth.”

Furthermore, a Pew demographic analysis has found that by 2065, Hispanics in America will nearly double the population of Black people, and Asians will overtake Black people as the nation’s second-largest minority.

Each of these groups have their own specific legislative agendas. How high on the list of priorities will be the agenda of the third-largest minority group at that point?

Furthermore, if Hispanics and Asians vote then the way they vote now — a third of each group voted for Trump — their combined votes for Republicans will eclipse the Black vote for Democrats.

In a book I published Tuesday, “The Devil You Know: A Black Power Manifesto,” I argue that it is urgent that Black people consolidate political power now. In my view, the acquisition of Black power has reached a level of urgency rivaling that of the climate crisis: Immediate action is required, but it may very well already be too late.

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@ebuc
If he is serious and wants all to move to Southern states, what exactly is his endgame? Does he think all black people like and will help each other? That's as racist as looking down on them because it implies that an ethnicity is destined to always have each other's backs against the others.

Blacks can be corrupt and betray each other just as much as Caucasians and whoever else. I think he has underestimated the deep hypocrisy in his notion as it implies something that is inverted racism regarding 'all blacks being united and benevolent' for his endgame to pan out.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I understand Blow's objective and urgency but I don't think it is so obvious that such a plan will achieve that objective.  Relocation from Chicago to Mississippi requires some major socioeconomic sacrifice that might do more harm than good to black leverage overall.  New Orleans, Atlanta and Baltimore are the only cities in Blow's subset I'd really consider moving to and of these only Atlanta has enough tech industry to be a realistic move.  That's not a lot of choices to appeal to the  black bourgeoisie.

Besides, the fact that 30% of Americans control 70% of the Senate seems pretty unsustainable.  That 30% is a major suck on the US economy.  We are already seeing major increases in rural ideologies that have no relationship to the agenda of the majority of Americans and I'm not sure we can afford 20 years of increasing discord.  I think a far more achievable and immediate plan would be to redraw the states.  Just as a working model, I'd consider keeping the number of states at 50 but I'd create 4 new states and consolidate 4 old states.

New States:
  • DC
  • Caribbean Islands (PR and VI)
  • Pacific Territories (Alaska, Hawaii, Samoa, Guam, etc)
  • All Native American reservations
Old States
  • Alaska would become part of Pacific State
  • Hawaii would become part of Pacific State
  • North Dakota and South Dakota would become one state, The Dakotas
  • Rhode Island and Connecticut would become one state called Connecticut and Rhode Island
  • New Hampshire and Vermont would become one state called New England
We may well be approaching a crisis in sustainability in rural America anyway.  It used to be that we needed many people living in rural farms to grow food but that's not really true anymore. Less than 2/10th's of 1% of all Americans grow our food these days and we could do the job with far fewer.  Rural homes and small towns soak up far outsized expenses in terms of delivering power, water, internet and particularly rebuilding after increasing floods, fires, hurricanes, tornados, etc  I think all Americans can and should enjoy the great American outdoors but that doesn't mean we have to prop up residents in increasingly unsustainable and expensive geographies.   If rural Americans were simply made to bear the expense of rural living (insurance, infrastructure, rebuilding), city living would instantly (more honestly) prove to be cheaper than country living.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@oromagi
Republicans will play the game by the rules they established: “Scorched-earth.”
As did Trumpet and 74 million cult followers.

Furthermore, a Pew demographic analysis has found that by 2065, Hispanics in America will nearly double the population of Black people, and Asians will overtake Black people as the nation’s second-largest minority.
And like the blacks ---as Blow points out--- they are would be more republican except republicans not supportive enough of there plight, but enough they did get they percentage they did form hispanics.

In a book I published Tuesday, “The Devil You Know: A Black Power Manifesto,” I argue that it is urgent that Black people consolidate political power now. In my view, the acquisition of Black power has reached a level of urgency rivaling that of the climate crisis: Immediate action is required, but it may very well already be too late.
As Blow points out, white people been telling the black people change is coming more and is happening, ergo Blows states and I paraphrase....white people been telling this narrative for 140 years and you see what we still have going on in USA today.  We --blacks--- cant
keep waiting for the change that whites says is coming, we have to go out and create it for ourselves '...ergo is seven state plan to gain power over 14 senate seats.

WeakE gottal it and you, oromgi appear  get most of it also,

At least two posters in this thread need 6 months to a year or more of forced moral and ethics education.  As does the other 74 million cult followers.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@janesix
yup.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ebuc
I want you to tell me why millions of african americans move to different states creating a mass exodus of people just so democrats can gain some seats in the house?

Tell me, would ANYTHING change? the faults of the African american community are centered around two things

1. horrible culture
  2. lack of fathers in the home
This is IT, nothing about politics are moving just to vote democrat will ever change any of this. the plight of the African Americans stem from the killing of good, strong, and religious masculinity in their households.