Remember When Trump Deployed The Mother of All Bombs?

Author: Reece101

Total: 39
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
I’m pretty sure someone talked him out of using nuclear weapons. He was then floated the idea of MOAB, probably.
This is the same Trump which suggested using nukes for hurricanes or what have you.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
it was drooped against ISIS

are you opposed to dropping bombs on ISIS?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Look, I’m all for killing bad people, but as a world superpower, the president shouldn’t treat America's arsenal as a personal toy box.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Reece101
Unless you know a guy at Raytheon.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Dr.Franklin
are you opposed to dropping bombs on ISIS?
I think the US presence in ISIS is causing more people to want to join ISIS.  ISIS has killed 30,000 people in the middle east.  This isn't good, but America has killed 300,000 people in the middle east.  From the perspective of any common middle easterner, they don't like ISIS, but they hate America (since we kill more people).  Because of that, they side with ISIS as they are the lesser of the 2 evils in their view.  If America stopped bombing civilians in the middle east, I think the middle east will turn on ISIS and the middle east can be free.

If America is going to give weapons to Saudi Arabia for their genocide in Yemen, we shouldn't be telling other places on how to have human rights.  It's like a fat person telling you to run 6 minute miles.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
I dislike a lot of what you write but that there was pure gold, please post more stuff like that. The Jingoists needs to be told.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@TheUnderdog
If America is going to give weapons to Saudi Arabia for their genocide in Yemen, we shouldn't be telling other places on how to have human rights. 
Let's be sure to note that Joe Biden's administration ended all arms sales to Saudi Arabia in late January and withdrew US support for Saudi Arabia in Yemen in February.  Saudi Arabia and the Houthis entered into peace negotiations in Oman a week later.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheUnderdog
I think the US presence in ISIS is causing more people to want to join ISIS.  ISIS has killed 30,000 people in the middle east.  This isn't good, but America has killed 300,000 people in the middle east.  From the perspective of any common middle easterner, they don't like ISIS, but they hate America (since we kill more people).  Because of that, they side with ISIS as they are the lesser of the 2 evils in their view.  If America stopped bombing civilians in the middle east, I think the middle east will turn on ISIS and the middle east can be free.

If America is going to give weapons to Saudi Arabia for their genocide in Yemen, we shouldn't be telling other places on how to have human rights.  It's like a fat person telling you to run 6 minute miles.
this was pretty much exactly what I was going to say. 

Every time you bomb a terrorist, you create a couple more. That guy's children, his cousins etc along with the friends and family of the almost guaranteed bystanders that get killed or maimed. Trying to fight terrorism with bombs is stupid on the face of it. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Americans dropping bombs on the bad guys, also kills children and innocent civilians.....Undeniably.

Selective morality Doc.

So fuck the foetus, and fuck GOD.

What say you Doc?
Conway
Debates: 0
Conway
-->
@Reece101
I’m pretty sure someone talked him out of using nuclear weapons. He was then floated the idea of MOAB, probably.
This is the same Trump which suggested using nukes for hurricanes or what have you.

Piers Morgan: Well the big buzz at the moment is that John Roberts and you have had a parting of the ways.  You've gone from being best buddies to warring enemies.

Antonin Scalia: Who told you that?

I think I read it in some of the papers, credible sources.

Scalia: You should not believe what you read about the court in the newspapers, because the information has either been made up or it has been given to the newspapers by someone who is violating a confidence, which means that person is not reliable.

So you've had no falling out with Justice Roberts...

Scalia:  No, I haven't had a falling out with Justice Roberts

Loud words exchanged?

Scalia: No

Slamming of doors?

Scalia:  No

Nothing like that?

Scalia: Nothing like that

Best buddies?

Scalia: My best buddy on the court is with [Ruth] Bader Ginsburg, has always been.

Yeah, and yet you disagree with her on just about everything I'm told.

Scalia:  Just about everything (smiling)

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
do you only quote me?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheUnderdog
isis spread because saddam hussein fell and sunnis felt like they needed to turn to a much more fundamentalist and violent islamic way

ISIS really was inevitable, IRAQ would have collapsed at some point, probably 20 years after the US 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Reece101
why?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Not necessarily Doc.

Though, I like the succinct  one liners, which say so much about you and make you conversationally attractive.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Dr.Franklin
why?
Why what?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@oromagi
Let's be sure to note that Joe Biden's administration ended all arms sales to Saudi Arabia in late January and withdrew US support for Saudi Arabia in Yemen in February.  Saudi Arabia and the Houthis entered into peace negotiations in Oman a week later.
Got a source for that?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Dr.Franklin
isis spread because saddam hussein fell and sunnis felt like they needed to turn to a much more fundamentalist and violent islamic way

ISIS really was inevitable, IRAQ would have collapsed at some point, probably 20 years after the US 
I don't think ISIS is inevitable because there are many very religious Muslim majority countries (like Indonesia) where the US hasn't bombed them endlessly and there is no terrorist organization there.  I think the US pulling our troops out of the middle east could turn Iraq into Indonesia, a religious Muslim majority country with no terrorist organization.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@RationalMadman
Glad we agree on some stuff.  I'm with Rand Paul on war, and I think war is a waste of blood and treasure.  It also causes vets to get PTSD.  Prevention is the best cure for PTSD, which is to not get people into war.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
Rand Paul, son of Ron Paul, has a very naive outlook.

You can't possibly think US could have instantly pulled out of the Middle East once ot had already fully stuck its 'foot' in. That being said, the way they handled each nation so far has been absolute garbage in yerms of strategy. They just invade, overthrow, maybe bomb, then leave. So not only are lives lost and PTSD caused (both for Iraqis and other middle easterners as well as Americans) but the Middle East is worse, not better, thanks to this 'heroism' the US claims to have and do.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The Cold War was similar. It benefitted nobody in the long run, Russia is owned by deeply corurpt kleptocrats now and all other nations like Cuba amd VietNam only suffered, not benfitted from the Cold War. The only nation where people were freed properly from tyranny was Cambodia and that was just luck from America's perspective.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@oromagi
One of the things that I think Joe Biden has done well
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheUnderdog
Got a source for that?
Yes, I would love to see some kind of source indicating the Iranian-backed militias coming to the negotiating table now that Biden is in charge of policy there.

“Riyadh and Washington are trying to impose through negotiation what they failed to achieve through the use of force – and that’s unacceptable to us,” al-Hanash, a Sana’a-based Houthi negotiator said.

The real story behind Yemen is that Iran is clearly using this proxy war ultimately as a way to leverage Biden to relax sanctions on Iran. I guarantee this will happen in a few years, leading to a revival of Iranian-backed violence throughout the entire region due to short-sighted policies based on vapid optics.

While many would agree the USA should just recuse itself from the pointless Theocratic middle-east wars, oil dependence leaves few options. There are countless lobbyists in Washington DC that just can't wait to get their hands on cheap Iranian crude oil to fuel their refineries.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@TheUnderdog
@oromagi
Got a source for that?
In the past two years, Biden has said Saudi Arabia’s government has “very little social redeeming value”, that Riyadh had murdered “children … and innocent people” in Yemen, and it was a “pariah” state.  “Under a Biden-Harris administration, we will reassess our relationship with the Kingdom [of Saudi Arabia], end US support for Saudi Arabia’s war in Yemen, and make sure America does not check its values at the door to sell arms or buy oil,” Biden said in October.

The Houthis have “provisionally” accepted a Saudi initiative to end the war in Yemen, a Yemeni news agency reported. 
Updated 29 March 2021

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheUnderdog
I don't think ISIS is inevitable because there are many very religious Muslim majority countries (like Indonesia) where the US hasn't bombed them endlessly and there is no terrorist organization there.  I think the US pulling our troops out of the middle east could turn Iraq into Indonesia, a religious Muslim majority country with no terrorist organization.
1.Indonesia is a US ally and was a key pro-US ally i the cold war, especially a factor in the south east asia wars, 
2.Indonesia won't have SECTARIAN  wars because the country is 99% sunni muslim
3.Indonesia DID have internal RELIGIOUS CONFLICTS in Timor when Muslims who wanted to stay in Indonesia and Christians who wanted to be independent clashed. This comes to mind-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suai_Church_massacre
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Reece101
why?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
why do you love quoting me
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
As I said.

You elicit a response.

I've got this mental image, of an old Leprechaun sitting in a rocking chair on a veranda, typing mistake after mistake into their device, because they can't find their spectacles.

Top of the morning to ya Doc.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
ok. 
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Indonesia is a US ally and was a key pro-US ally i the cold war, especially a factor in the south east asia wars, 
The cold war ended 30 years ago; that's longer than the amount of time 40% of the living population has been alive.
Indonesia is a US ally and was a key pro-US ally i the cold war, especially a factor in the south east asia wars
Syria is also overwhelming majority Muslim.  They got destroyed when the US bombed them a lot and now they hate the US over it.  Even our allies don't think we should be involved bombing the middle east for oil.

ISIS has killed 30,000 civilians.  America has killed 300,000 civilians in the middle east.  America is getting into huge amounts of debt fighting these wars.  That money can go towards a tax cut or paying off the debt.  If America isn't to give foreign aid to other countries, we shouldn't be bombing them in the first place.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheUnderdog
The cold war ended 30 years ago; that's longer than the amount of time 40% of the living population has been alive.
still, why would the us bomb indonesia