How many people want to be lawyers on this site?

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 10
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
I expect the percentage is pretty high given what we do on this site.  I don't want to be a lawyer though.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I never really considered law although more than one lawyer has told me I should have been a lawyer and in hindsight I might have enjoyed the profession so long as I avoided most courtrooms and judges.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@TheUnderdog
Nope, never considered it, probably won't.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
I am not going to tell my profession or whatever on this website in any significant depth, there's clues here and there to what I'm not ofc but I like to separate my real life from this account while also not living delusional that I can regularly participate and not be someone people are curious about.

I am neutral on being a solicitor, lawyer, barrister, attorney or anything along those lines.

I educate myself on the law regularly, especially for the nation I reside in. I believe everyone should do so, no matter how corrupt it is, since knowing the law is important in situations where morality has become grey. You need to know what the law is, that's all I will say.

You cannot plead ignorance in a court unless it's an extremely unreasonable law and even then most nations don't give enough power to a judge or jury to overthrow based on common sense interpretation, some do though and if you are fortunate enough to be in one of those nations it's still essential and good to know the law.

I'm not suggesting everyone study to the level of a lawyer but if you're going to live your life in a nation and want to ensure you are not in any legal trouble or that further down the line one of your choices you're making right now in life can't be jeopardised, pay attention to the law. The same goes for your nation's economy and general trend in industries, both economy and law matter in your career and banking decisions (or should, if you're paying enough attention).

I don't care what crime you've committed or what excuse you think you have. When you end up in a court room and lose because of incompetent representation know that you had the option to represent yourself in almost all nations that I'm aware of. That one right is so universal because in all nations it is known to be unfair on you to take away your right to be your own lawyer.

Whether you like politics or not, educate yourself on law and politics in your nation as well as the economy. Your literal future life situation can depend on it (and you won't know until it's too late unless you paid attention).
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Honestly, with the reality of what I am doing, I probably wouldn’t make a good lawyer.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
Does this site need a lawyer?

Because that is the question that you actually asked.

Apologies for my pedanticism.

But anyone that aspires to be a lawyer, will need to be a slave to detail.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@zedvictor4
Does this site need a lawyer?
This site isn't big enough.  I imagine you could get a mod to do it though.

Because that is the question that you actually asked.
I asked if anyone on this site wanted to be a lawyer.

Apologies for my pedanticism.
I don't think you were being pedanticistic.  oromagi is very pedanticistic though.  I try not to be.  Don't worry.  Be happy.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
What you meant to say and what you did say were two different things.

Though I did understand what you meant to say......So I was being a tad pedantic.

And you be happy too....As it's the best way to be.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
@TheUnderdog
What Zedvictor4 is referring to is the lack of a comma before 'on'.

How many people want to be lawyers on this site?

vs

How many people want to be lawyers, on this site?
However, I would defend the lack of a comma because the ultimate way to phrase it with the same words in a properly arranged manner is this:

On this site, how many people want to be lawyers?
The issue now becomes the 'on this site' wording.

The lawyer itself isn't what is 'on this site' instead the pool of candidates is.

Thus, I'd word it as follows:
Who, on this website, wants to be a lawyer?
This is the closest way to perfectly grammatically structure the original question while barely altering the wording.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RatMan

Who, on this website, want's to be a lawyer?

Perfect.