Pi^pi^pi^pi may be an integer?

Author: ebuc

Total: 19
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
Pi^Pi^Pi^Pi = integer?  Take note hes using a quetiton mark { ?  } and he states in video 'may' be and integer, so dont expect and answer, just other things that show that we maybe can figure out if it is or not and integer.  This great beginners guide to four kinds of numbers. After that it gets harder for me to follow but the early on stuff is just barely a bit too much with with all getting out my calculater. Check it as this dude is funny also.

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@ebuc
Irrational numbers do not become rational no matter what you multiply them by. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
@RatMan

Numbers were devised as a system/method of representation and calculation.  A number is therefore not irrational, if it is effective as such.

Terminology is only for terminologies sake.....This is a truism.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
Take note hes using a quetiton mark { ?  } and he states in video 'may' be and integer, so dont expect and answer, just other things that show that we maybe can figure out if it is or not and integer.
So again, he speaking about the transcendetal Pi.  I think he has another catagory for irrational numbers that he then makes the whole rationals somehow.  Did you watch the whole video Ratman?  Im not a mathmatician athhourity so I cant veriy if process presented is false narrative or not.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Please stop typing about stuff you know nothing about while trying to sound like the smart one.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ebuc
You literally cannot have something to the power of an irrational number, it can't even work, think for a second what you are saying. How can you multiply pi by itself pi amount of times?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
:- four math sub-catagories bout the limit of my abilities. bye ratio mon. 
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@ebuc
Let's do an experiment - divide a number by 0 - I want you to put a number into groups of 0. 

Doesn't work does it? Because groups of zero are groups of nothing, but you wouldn't get zero - because clearly a number can go into more than zero groups of zero, afterall zero is nothing, and the number is something. But how many groups would that be? Infinite - well infinity is a mathematical impossibility - its a variable - and doesn't really solve our problem.

The rules of math are not prescriptive, they are not something that humans add onto math in order for it to work - they are descriptive they are that way because, through observation and experimentation, we have discovered that these are the rules that math follows. We do not actually know the END of Pi, so, for you to claim that you can put Pi to the power of Pi, is essentially the same as saying: "X to the power of x" it doesn't actually have a solid answer because we don't know what the total value is. 

Can you round and approximate? Of course. Does it actually solve the problem? No. "They hold me back" isn't really an answer, its just a troll response. So - tell me then - how do you overcome the problem of not knowing what the complete digit of Pi is? 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Theweakeredge
We do not actually know the END of Pi, so, for you to claim that you can put Pi to the power of Pi,
There is no "END" to infinite.  So your mistaken on that point alone.

...solid answer because we don't know what the total value is......
"Total" means finite ergo  in linear 1D two terminal end points,

I'm not an authority on Pi. And the video speaks for its self.  And again, my math abilites pretty much ended with four subcatagories.

If you want to dispute video conclusions for those four and the subsequent math he used, he is the person to talk to. Good luck with that endeavor.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ebuc
No - there is no end to Pi or infinity - simple as that. Furthermore, you are not actually defending what I'm attacking specifically - just cherry picking what you want to respond to
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Theweakeredge
No - there is no end to Pi or infinity - simple as that...
That is why your prior comment appeared mistaken.  1D linear dimension has two terminal end points.  There exist no infinite 1D lines except as a concept.

Macro-infinite non-occupied space exists outside of our finite occupied space Universe.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ebuc
No - there just isn't an end - you are right - there is no end to a 2 dimensional space except for conecpts, but then we get to 3 and 4 dimensions. After that, there is nothing as far as we can prove.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Theweakeredge
there is no end to a 2 dimensional space except for conecpts
Huh?  Any 2D space ---planar--  that has enclosing shape ex triangle /\  is finite. However, even Y is triangle that do not enclose but are finite
ebuc
ebuc
However, even Y is triangle that do not enclose but are finite
I call that an open triangle and the lines are finite --unless conceptualized as to be infinite--   and the angles are finite set of degrees but the space is outside of the Y, so we have same condition of what exists outsider our finite occupied space is teh truly macro-infinite, truly non-occupied Space.  This simple stuff.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@ebuc
Fascinating video. The guy is funny. But there's an interrupt he doesn't point out because it should be obvious before he has to say anything to his canned audience, which was, even so, entertaining.  Well, I did stop with about 5 min left to go; I lost interest in the humor, and maybe to conclude, he did point that out, but I doubt it. No need.

That distinction is that, though I've read a number of references in the Forum that pi is an irrational number [and, not being a mathematician, I though it was, too], our host points out that pi is not irrational, but transcendental, and that two transcendentals can be calculated [with one trans risen to the power of the other trans at four levels] and achieve an integer. But not one trans risen to its own power at several levels... it remains a trans, not an integer...

Unless: one approximates. But, as our host explained, approx isn't accurate enough, so, why bother? Well, the bother is entertaining, as said, but in the end, pi is not as magic as it appears, because math has naught to do with magic. With coincidence, yes, but not magic.
ebuc
ebuc
He said may be an integer based on the way integer was a resultant of irrationals with his math.  I dont have the  math ability so I cant say if his approach is accurate or not.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
maybe
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RatMan.

Et, tu Brute?

Nonetheless:
What, about the above statement is not correct?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@Theweakeredge

2D is a concept.

In a 2D universe without thought, there is nothing.

Though in attempting to represent a 2D universe, one inevitably evokes a 3rd dimension.