IPhone or Android?

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 28
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I wanna do a poll to see if people here like/use IPhone or Android.

Personally IPhones are vastly superior. What do y’all think ?

Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@ILikePie5
Android, way more freedom.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
I prefer Android, similar reason to Sum1hugme but on top of freedom, I see higher quality and business model too.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
iPhone used to be the clear victor in terms of hardware and value, but no longer. Android as a whole has made a lot of progress, and their top of the line models compete with the iPhone very well at this point (although the bottom end of android is of course still garbage) and the mid-tier Androids are good budget options for those who don't want to shell a used car downpayment for their phone. Android's OS has made progress too, but it still falls short of the Apple iOS ecosystem in terms of simplicity, speed, and ease of use. I'm already plugged into the Apple ecosystem, so I may or may not switch over, but Apple's prices are getting insane these days.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
iPhone used to be the clear victor in terms of hardware and value
Never. Maybe hardware at the  very start but value? Never ever.

In fact, earlier on iPhone and iPad apps costed TWICE AS MUCH or at least 1.5x as much as the same Android App.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Apple OS is way better than Android OS without a doubt. Apple revolves around quality of their product earning profit even though the market is dominated by Android
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
Value isn't about what is nominally cheaper, it's about what you get for what you pay. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
Let me repeat:
In fact, earlier on iPhone and iPad apps costed TWICE AS MUCH or at least 1.5x as much as the same Android App.
same.

They also blackmail(ed) you to use their hardware for their software so there is total monopoly and lack of competition regarding hardware excellence, whereas Android has much of that to force each hardware provider to give decent value for money if they don't want to be grinded into the ground by their competition.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Apple OS is way better than Android OS without a doubt. Apple revolves around quality of their product earning profit even though the market is dominated by Android
How? Name one way. I will name plenty of the opposite but I'm curious how you can just baselessly say this.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
Let me repeat:
In fact, earlier on iPhone and iPad apps costed TWICE AS MUCH or at least 1.5x as much as the same Android App.
same.
Let me explain a bit more. When it comes to apps it's not just about whether the titles are the same, it's about whether the apps are optimized to the iOS, frequently updated, and vetted for quality.  Apple has stricter regulations on what can or can't be on its app store because it goes for quality over quantity. I feel that charging a bit more is warranted if the quality proposition is raised. Let me be clear though, before you say anything, I realize that this advantage doesn't hold anymore. This was early in the smartphone world. Android apps were riddled with problems. 

The issue is similar with hardware:
1. Android took a long time to match Apple's raw specs
2. Even when they met Apple's specs, they often skimped out on parts like motherboards, soundcards, cameras, and the other things that aren't as flashy on paper as CPUs and displays. In this respect, they were similar to the modern prebuilt PC world. They often have good specs on paper, but they cut corners on other parts that make a difference in the value of the package 
3. Android could never match Apples software-hardware compatibility and integration until recently. The parts in the iPhone work so well with the iOS that the iPhone's clocked response speeds, for a LONG time, continued to surpass Android ones even as Android's raw hardware specs rose above Apple at times. 

Again, this is no longer the case, but it was at one time.

They also blackmail(ed) you to use their hardware for their software so there is total monopoly and lack of competition regarding hardware excellence, whereas Android has much of that to force each hardware provider to give decent value for money if they don't want to be grinded into the ground by their competition.

You literally admit here the appeal of Apple's software, it's REALLY good and is only used on Apple phones. This ties into the point I was making before nicely as well: it's not about raw specs, it's about those specs complimenting the software. From the numbers I've seen, for a long time Apple had a fair lead in overall quality because of this. And no it's not a monopoly for Apple to only put Apple software in Apple phones... it's smart business.  
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
Lol? I don't think it's really good at all. I got family who use it and have compared to a good Android system (not even god tier, just good) which is what I use (I invest mainly into my PC not smartphone). What my phone can do is everything the best iPhone can do. This isn't just me, everyone I know of who has a good Android system thinks and feels the same way.
I have never seen someone go to Android (after knowing what iPhone has to offer either by knowing someone or owning it themselves) and go back to iPhone unless their work gives employees iPhones as part of its package and even then they tend to have a personal one on the side. I have seen people who try out iPhone regret it. This js farore common to be admitted by people who bought it for their mother or child or whatever. They see how bad it is compared to Android but their less technologically concerned relative or close friend doesn't always mind.

Everything in Apple is built for idiots, especially the way the menus and options are laid out. Siri's answer vs Google's Assistant's answers are always less directly helpful and much more assumptive of the context you're asking if it's a complex task, which isn't good. That's just for Google phones both (Pixel and HTC) as well as Samsung Galaxy though, as for other phones and their AI (usually Amazon's Alexa for other Androids) it's still superior to Siri.

I have seen absolutely nothing, at all, on iPhone that is superior to good, let alone high-end Androids. A slightly above average Android does everything the most expensive iPhone does equally well, pretty much. I don't get the appeal whatsoever and iPhone vs the same priced high-end Android is a whitewash in favour of the Android device in every single measurable department.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
And no it's not a monopoly for Apple to only put Apple software in Apple phones... it's smart business.  
The only reason it isn't a monopoly in a legal sense is because Android existed as competition. It's absolutely a monopoly if you analyse the hardware component being one provider only if you wish to use the OS software.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
sounds like you've got a grudge
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
No, I just don't want to be lazy when I debate on this website.

I put effort in, since you did. If you want me to post uncaring and lazily I can do that too.

The very thing you said is the 'appeal' of Apple is the complete opposite and it shocked me and stirred me to put effort in.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Andriod, and it turns out, Android users are more honest and trustworthy than iPhone users, according to a new study in the journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Isn't proof of this the fact that the Times reports that Trump currently has three iPhones?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
Everything in Apple is built for idiots, 
This seems a bit emotionally charged to me. 

Also, I do know plenty of people who try the Android OS and dislike it a lot. There's a matter of preference involved, but in general I'm talking usability, speed, features, quality of said features, security, and updates. I would agree with you that modern Androids are on par with Apple in these areas, but I would disagree that the old Androids are. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
Not on par, superior.

The value isn't even close, not even slightly. The iPhone is on par with Android that cost 73% its price, on average.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
@MisterChris
I use PC virtual Android.  Does PC or Mac have a virtual iphone? I doubt that such exists.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ebuc
Not entirely sure what you mean, you mean you bought the OS for virtual box?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
@ebuc
I use PC virtual Android.  Does PC or Mac have a virtual iphone? I doubt that such exists.

@RM, he means that he has a software emulator on his PC that pretends to be an Android phone (like Bluestacks)

@ebuc, to my knowledge there is no emulator for iOS on PC. Mac doesn't need one as it's running on iOS anyways
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
The second thing you said, about Mac running on iOS, is why I was hesitant to join him on what he was 'celebrating'. I was like... Why bring up Mac? Ask it for PC and Linux.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
knowing Linux users, some nerd has probably made an emulator for iOS already at this point... might be illegal though, who knows
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@ILikePie5
Android - cheaper and phones which work just fine. I don't need a much more expansive device for nominally increased processing speeds.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
iPhone, for complete compatibility with my iPad and iMac. Besides, having had stock since 1982...
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@fauxlaw
having had stock since 1982...
You must’ve earned a crap ton 🤑
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@ILikePie5
Well, I wouldn't put it quite that way, but yeah; I know where my next mean is coming from, and where I'll rest my head.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Like this post if you prefer IPhone
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Like this post if you prefer Android