Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
In other words, when anything violates its intended purpose, even by being broken, it is not fulfilling the full measure of its creation.
No, not even close.

The example of a broken clock being right twice a day is simply pointing to the fact that being right does not mean one actually understood what was going on and/or made the right decision. It was a simple response to an even simpler assertion. Your 0.1% analogy had nothing to do with the point being made.

You have elected a President who cannot even find his mask, let alone a door. He's lost a mind he never had in the first place.
I voted for the better candidate. I’d much rather have a President who misplaces his mask than one who thinks it might be a good idea to drop a nuclear bomb inside a hurricane, or that the solution to California’s wildfire problem is a rake, or that maybe we should look into injecting disinfectant inside the body to give the lungs a good cleaning.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Dr.Franklin
wrong, the intelligence didnt go to trump nor was he briefed about it, it was a horrifical misguided intelligence that ended up being used by the media
And you believe this because Trump said so I bet. Ok then. So the media what, just made up the whole story including the officials who confirmed it?
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Double_R
Your 0.1% analogy had nothing to do with the point being made.
The point doesn't get it,  nor do you.This is Kahlil Gibron:

"The [clock] who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool. Shun him.
The [clock] who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child. Teach him.
The [clock] who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep. Wake him.
The [clock] who klnows, and knows that he knows, is a prophet. Follow him."
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Greyparrot
HB doesn't understand there are consequences for acting on bad intel like Bush did.
HB merely argued the correct course of action was to investigate if the intel was, in fact, good or bad, and to take precautions in the meantime.

I certainly did not see HB arguing that Trump ought to have gone to war over the intel he had at the time.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
The point doesn't get it, nor do you
You can’t seriously believe what you are writing. You are either trolling or just so hell bent on being right that you will go to any length to stamen straw man the point.

This is what the clock analogy means...
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
@Double_R
Yep...What Trump lacked in terms of intellect and aptitude, he sure made up for in terms or orangeness and hairdo.

And let's be thankful that the "Washington Elite" were around, to sort things out for him.

Anyone for a round of golf?

Conway
Debates: 0
Conway
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Foreign Affairs Committee, Robert Menendez (D-NJ), introduced a measure to sanction Russia for the alleged bounties. 
  Thanks.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Double_R
I repeat:

The point doesn't get it, nor do you
You think time exists in a vacuum? That there is nothing to time but counting? Let's start first with the fact that, outside of man, time doesn't exist; we invented it as a convenience. Time is motion. That is, to be absolutely precise, as we have conceived it, time is an aspect of motion. Therefore, if your clock was broken at 13:30 yesterday, and now it is 13:30 today [I'm dealing with a 24-hour clock, here, to be "precise" [except that the Earth day is not an exact 24 hours anyway, so, which clock, even when operating according to manufactured design, is truly correct?], the Earth is no longer in the position it was yesterday, so, within the day, your broken clock is already wrong, let alone 12 hours from now.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Double_R
If you have something to say; you say it. Using YouTube is like the mimic of a duck without its quack.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
Your response wasn’t serious enough for a real reply. I honestly took it as a joke, are you really telling you meant that as an actual argument?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Double_R
Yet, you replied. Must have been taken as an argument. By whom? Your pocket mouse?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
I replied with a 9 second YouTube video essentially poking fun at you. Not exactly my way of refuting an argument.

So are you going to answer or not? Was that serious? Do you really need to to explain again and in greater detail the absurdity of attacking the clock analogy within the context of the conversation?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Double_R
Sorry, I do not click on random links, particularly typical nonsense in YouTube, where, within reason, anyone can post anything. So, unless you want to ask me specifically to what you are asking, without linking me to 9 seconds of trivia, you get no response.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
I just did. Why is this so difficult?

I used the analogy of a broken clock being right twice a day to point out the fact that Trump being correct about the Intel on Russian bounties being false, does not mean he was “right”.

You responded to this with a rant about clocks, time, and earths position. I’m just asking you... was this a serious response?

I suppose it doesn’t matter what your answer is there though, cause either way this conversation derailed from being serious long ago.  If it was a joke then there’s nothing for me to respond to, if it was serious then there’s nothing worth me responding to. So either way... have a nice day.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Double_R
Yes, it was a bloody serious response, and I don't use YouTube to prove my point. It's what we call, in the debate format, "common knowledge." It works in Forum, too. I'm expecting some bloody common sense to have credibility, clocks, time, and earths position, as included factors. You are dealing, I'll remind, with a BROKEN clock, after all. When things break of that nature, I replace them, I don't expect them to be right, and I'm certainly not going to be satisfied by their being right just 0.05% of my day.

In other words, it's a bloody useless idiom. I did not raise the broken block. Your idiom, not mine.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Conway
dont know where that came from
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
trump is king