Guantanamo

Author: AddledBrain

Total: 50
AddledBrain
Debates: 0
AddledBrain
It's time the US put the Guantanamo problem behind us.  I've been "leasing" the naval base from Cuba for over 100 years.  Cuba wants it back and it's a problem for US.

The solution seems simple to me.  Give it all, the property, the facilities, the prison, the prisoners, everything back to Cuba and let them handle it.  I'm sure they would agree to this to get their land back.

We're guests there.  We're beginning to smell like fish.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Then they better have a substitute location in mind to keep all the freakin terrorists there.

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
And all the innocents that they tortured beyond any justifiable level. They never released anyone from it even if they found they were innocent, while it was still in action.
AddledBrain
AddledBrain
-->
@ILikePie5
The Constitution guarantees of habeas corpus dictate that, If we aren't going to try them, we must let them go.  If Cuba wants to try them, then it's on them and their constitution.
AddledBrain
AddledBrain
-->
@RationalMadman
Shameful . . .

We need to put that sad bit of history behind US.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AddledBrain
The Constitution guarantees of habeas corpus dictate that, If we aren't going to try them, we must let them go.  If Cuba wants to try them, then it's on them and their constitution.
The Constitution has an effect only on U.S. soil.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
And all the innocents that they tortured beyond any justifiable level. They never released anyone from it even if they found they were innocent, while it was still in action.
Wanna provide a source? Innocents at Guantanamo Bay. That’s a first. I support torture as a variety of options to get info out. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. But in situations it does work, it can prove valuable.

But tbh we should just gtfo of the Middle East. Problem solved.
AddledBrain
AddledBrain
-->
@ILikePie5
Yes, isn't it shameful that a respectable Nation like ours is employing this underhanded tactic ?  No wonder we're not respected so much anymore around the World.  Either we follow the tenets of our Constitution or we become a distrustful Nation.  There is no middle ground.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AddledBrain
Yes, isn't it shameful that a respectable Nation like ours is employing this underhanded tactic ?  No wonder we're not respected so much anymore around the World.
We’re not being respected cause our leaders were stupid and getting ripped off left and right. Trump brought leadership. You don’t mess with him. Biden is a pussy lol
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
You like to cherry pick and ask irrelevant questions to most things in the politics forum, so I am assuming you were only asking for proof of a negative.

Provide me evidence a single person was released until it was shut down. Then, when you realise noone was, provide me evidence every single person was guilty.
AddledBrain
AddledBrain
-->
@ILikePie5
We’re not being respected cause our leaders were stupid and getting ripped off left and right. Trump brought leadership. You don’t mess with him. Biden is a pussy lol

Thank you, Pie, for that thoughtful and reasoned consideration.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
You like to cherry pick and ask irrelevant questions to most things in the politics forum, so I am assuming you were only asking for proof of a negative.
Lol all you did was provide evidence that showed terrorists said there was torture. Whoa, you’re going to believe a terrorist? Congrats, you might as well join ISIS and convert to Islam to wage Jihad on the West.

Provide me evidence a single person was released until it was shut down. Then, when you realise noone was, provide me evidence every single person was guilty.
Why should known terrorists be released lol. If you’re arguing that they aren’t terrorists then you can go argue that with the CIA not me. 

I have no sympathy for terrorists. They can go fuck the selves for all I care.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AddledBrain
Thank you, Pie, for that thoughtful and reasoned consideration.
The pleasure is all mine, let’s get out of the Middle East and the problem will be solved.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
What’s your stance on torture?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
What’s your stance on torture?
Anything restricting freedom could be construed as torture, unless you are a loyal Statist.

That said, America treats thugs better than anywhere else on the planet. I guarantee if we handed all those Terrorists over to Poland or Saudi Arabia, it would be the end of the problem. Permanently.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Yeah this is why I block you and each time you wonder why. Your replies to my george floyd thread as well as this show 100% bad faith responses.

You only respond to trigger negative emotions in me, you never try to understand my viewpoint or even engage with me as a person.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
That said, America treats thugs better than anywhere else on the planet. I guarantee if we handed all those Terrorists over to Poland or Saudi Arabia, it would be the end of the problem. Permanently.
100% agree lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Yeah this is why I block you and each time you wonder why.
I have never wondered why lol. You do you.

Your replies to my george floyd thread as well as this show 100% bad faith responses.
They really aren’t. I talked about the facts of the case. You’re the one limiting yourself to a 9 minute video, when we both know a 9 minute video doesn’t tell the whole story.

You only respond to trigger negative emotions in me, you never try to understand my viewpoint or even engage with me as a person.
I did engage with you. I talked about the facts. You purposely ignored them and kept talking about a 9 minute video without the hour plus context. I don’t speak from emotion, you clearly do. Enjoy your safe space.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
I love how the inability to not be triggered at the slightest offense is always the fault of someone else.

As a teacher, I find this amazingly funny. Imagine if a teacher blamed the students for the teacher getting "triggered"
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
I love how the inability to not be triggered at the slightest offense is always the fault of someone else.
That’s why they need safe spaces
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
That’s why they need safe spaces.

Good fences make great neighbors.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Good fences make great neighbors.
Preach Father Grey
coal
Debates: 6
coal
How the Cubans feel about Guantanamo Bay is the least of my concerns. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@AddledBrain
Give it all, the property, the facilities, the prison, the prisoners, everything back to Cuba and let them handle it.  I'm sure they would agree to this to get their land back.
Lmao, what? We should hand over a bunch of dangerous terrorists and foreign soldiers to a foreign nation that resembles an enemy more than an ally?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Lmao, what? We should hand over a bunch of dangerous terrorists and foreign soldiers to a foreign nation that resembles an enemy more than an ally?
Cuba with the help of Russia almost turned America into a nuclear wasteland 60 years ago. What makes Cuba a trustworthy ally now?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
the only country to ever nuke a nation and slaughter many innocents in the name of saying 'fuck you' to the government (which it didn't bomb a single member of) is the US.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Technically, Russia nuked itself with Chernobyl.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Cuba with the help of Russia almost turned America into a nuclear wasteland 60 years ago. What makes Cuba a trustworthy ally now?

How can they be bad if their cigars are so good? It is a paradox
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21