a question to bsh about slurs

Author: thett3

Total: 128
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
I’m sure it’s obvious but I have a ton of really cool, jacked black friends in real life. One of them really wants to join the site but in real life he exclusively refers to me as “my ni**a” which bsh has previously stated wouldn’t be allowed. What should I tell him? 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
To look at type1s rap battles.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I think we should replace the N word with the word Canadian. Instead of saying why do N words rape so often, we can say why do Canadians disproportionately rape people. Why do Canadians on average have such low IQs. Why do Canadians run so fast?

Do you get what I'm saying, my Canadian?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@thett3
The only post of any quality in days here. Good job. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
If you want a serious reply here it is:

Your friend is an idiot of his own culture. All blacks (all) who use this word are very confused with what empowerment means or the purpose of becoming equal to other races. If he is calling you, a white guy, that then he is extremely confused with what it means. It's like a female and male friend (I say friend to avoid connotations of where this goes) where the male pulls out his thing, pisses in the air and uses that as his way of greeting his friend who can't do it to say hi back.

A better example is a disabled person on a wheelchair whose friend jumps on the air to greet them. Do you see the disgusting underlying connotation of making that the greeting?

Wylted
Wylted
This is actually a good question. Will BSH1's policy discourage black people from joining the site seeing as how canadians disproportionately use the N word. Is BSH1's intention to limit the number of Canadians joining the site, by creating rules that seem to target them.
thett3
thett3
-->
@RationalMadman
Tyrone is the opposite of an idiot. He absolutely loves discussing philosophy and politics, if I’m at work or out of town he’ll often go to my house to have discussions with my girlfriend there because he just can’t get enough of hearing other people’s ideas. I think this site would be a great outlet for his insatiable desire to debate but he drops N bombs a lot and I don’t want him to get banned or quit because of his dialect 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Tell this non idiot to use that intellect to retrain himself just as a whites had to do if they had a habit of using that word back when it became taboo.

ArgentTongue
Debates: 0
ArgentTongue
-->
@thett3
The Madman is right on this. Your friend should be able to act in a honorable and polite manner on a consistent basis just as the rest of us are expected to. The question is more of his character than it is of tolerance on behalf of the site administration.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@thett3
You let a member of the Motisa tribe around your girlfriend? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vto9nY-xh5s

Hopefully you care enough about her well being to not leave her alone with that Canadian.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@ArgentTongue
If you are going to be racist please do it somewhere else. We can't force Canadians to subscribe to white culture.
thett3
thett3
-->
@ArgentTongue
I don’t think it’s a mark against Tyrone’s character that he uses that word. It’s a part of African American culture and their vernacular. The last thing I want to do to the poor guy is put him in a position where his peoples speech is restricted by white folks—again 
ArgentTongue
ArgentTongue
-->
@thett3
@Wylted
I understand the censure of my comment. I did not mean to imply that he is of poor character because of the language he personally uses. It will be a testament to his character if he can restrain himself from using what is commonly deemed as crude and racial language among other cultures. If I am expected to be respectful of his heritage and people, I only ask that he do the same.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
White or black. Asian or Hispanic. Anyone who uses the word says volumes about themselves. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
You know, there are plenty of blacks who don't like being associated with that very ugly word, and do not like it even when other blacks call other blacks that word.

thett3
thett3
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
you obviously don’t have any black friends lol. Since I’m not a racist, some of my best friends are black and they like calling each other (and really cool whites like me) the n word. It’s just a part of their culture 

thett3
thett3
-->
@Mopac
you sound like a typical out of touch white person...by banning the n word you are banning African American Vernacular English which I have a problem with. Tyrone is a really cool and smart person but I don’t think he would be welcome on this site. Typical white boys club
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@thett3
You sound like the typical white person who only knows black culture through the low life garbage the media projects and props up on tv.

You don't know me though, and I will say that black kids who are raised better know not to embrace THAT WORD.

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@thett3
Sorry, the mods don't comment on hypotheticals. The only way to know if some act will warrant moderation is to roll the dice and hope for the best, like in any sensible system of moderation.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Mopac
Black mothers are doing the best they can in this society and for you to say most of them suck at their job is racist as fuck. Go join the KKK, jerk
Mopac
Mopac
If any of you actually knew who I was, you'd feel really stupid for calling me the names you are calling me.

But a testament to how racist ya'll are in fact has to do with the fact that I am ANONYMOUS and you are still prejudice.

Shame on all of you, you're a bunch of tools. I don't buy into your white knight bullshit, you're a bunch of idiots.
Mopac
Mopac
But I still don't hate white people. My spouse and I are different races. We love each other very much. 

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Mopac
reported
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Wylted
You are the one who said most black mothers suck at their job, not me.

A clear indication that you are the racist one, not me.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Mopac
You did, by saying most blacks are raised wrong, and that is why they use the "N" word. You atleast strongly implied it. The worst kind of Canadian is a self hating Canadian.
Mopac
Mopac
No, this is an issue close to my heart. 

None of you can admit that your idea of what constitutes being black is this thug low life bull perpetuated by a racist media.

You all think you are being accepting, but really you are buying into some illuminati bullshit meant to keep black people down.

But you know, some people go to church, and black church has way better musicianship. We get down at the black church. We don't stare at our shoes and feel ashamed to be there at the black church. When we at the white church, that's what we do.

Really though, there is no white church black church. We all in this together. Just saying,if you know what I'm saying, you know what I mean.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Mopac
My church band plays that shit from hillsong, which is way better than that typical black chorus thing that has sounded exactly the same for the last 100 years at your church, and why did you change your username? I remember your conspiracy afrocentric posts clogging up DDO
thett3
thett3
-->
@Mopac
Tyrone isnt a thug. He’s a gentle giant who plays bass guitar for his church. He just likes to say “ni**a” with his boys. This is hardly unusual for a young black man and it doesn’t make him a bad person. It makes me really uncomfortable that the whitest of the white such as bsh might ban him from this site for using his slang. But I’ve talked it over with him and he’s going to join later anyway so I guess we will see
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Wylted
And it all comes out.

I ain't knocking hillsong.

But for someone who goes to church, you sure are racist.

Really really good song

And I know not all white churches are the same. I've been to some where they get down.

I'm just making fun of you for being racist.

ArgentTongue
ArgentTongue
-->
@thett3
I am sure he will be fine. I'm not so much offended by the use of the term as others are, simply because I understand the context it is often used in. However, I think it would be best for him to show some moderation in his use of the word, simply because it would be polite. I also think Bsh1 will be understanding and empathetic - not nearly as cutthroat as you think. 

I look forward to making his acquaintance.