Asexual People

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 73
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Athias
Zed posted a non-topical definition - the application of sexuality is a label of attraction - that is how sexuality of a label of an individual works.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@Theweakeredge

The topic was "asexual" people.

Ramblings about sexuality and attraction are relative but unnecessary.

"Asexual people" are not affected either way by sexuality.

And in terms of defining/labelling the asexual person, the correct label would be "asexual". 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
Being asexual is a label of sexuality AND an adjective in general. I was the one who wrote the topic thread, I know what I was intending to write - its very easy for me to tell cause I WROTE IT
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Theweakeredge
Zed posted a non-topical definition - the application of sexuality is a label of attraction - that is how sexuality of a label of an individual works.   
Non-topical according to what or whom?

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Athias
According to the sexuality I was bringing up? You know? Referrring specifically to seuxality in one of the labels of attraction? Kinda like homosexual and heterosexual definitions? Also  - I have went out of my wy since the OP post to talk about how yes- there are indeed a lot of asexual people in how you would regard them, but there are asexual people in this regard too - just like how heterosexuality and homosexuality is TYPICALLY defined as an attraction towards a gender, asexuality is TYPICALLY defined as not being attracted to anyone, you can throw a fit with Zed all you like about how it doesn't reach your arbitrary standards, doesn't meant that its good objection.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Theweakeredge
According to the sexuality I was bringing up? You know? Referrring specifically to seuxality in one of the labels of attraction? Kinda like homosexual and heterosexual definitions? Also  - I have went out of my wy since the OP post to talk about how yes- there are indeed a lot of asexual people in how you would regard them, but there are asexual people in this regard too - just like how heterosexuality and homosexuality is TYPICALLY defined as an attraction towards a gender, asexuality is TYPICALLY defined as not being attracted to anyone, you can throw a fit with Zed all you like about how it doesn't reach your arbitrary standards, doesn't meant that its good objection.
Yes, you defined homosexual and heterosexual. You have not demonstrated how these definition necessarily exclude sexual action/activity from sexuality. Zedvictor cites another definition which includes sexual activity, essentially contradicting everything you just said. Your response is to characterize his definition as "non-topical," presumably under your own alleged authority, and now you accuses challengers like myself of "throwing a fit."

Enjoy the rest of your night, sir. I'll engage this regressive behavior no more.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@Theweakeredge

Nonetheless:

The first two lines of your opening statement referred directly and appropriately to asexuality.....However, the latter part  was a pointless and inappropriate ramble, supposedly aimed at "clearing up misunderstandings"....... Which only succeeded in creating misunderstanding, of something that is very easily understood anyway.

For some reason, you're grinding an axe, but only succeeding in making it blunter.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Athias
Yes - I cited those two definitions to provide examples of the context of sexuality that I'm referring too - if you don't like that I'm referring to that specific context too bad - I know what I mean when I write "asexual" - again - the fact that it doesn't reach you arbitrary standard all the time is not something I care about. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
No - the latter two lines are making nuance - which you apparently don't understand. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@Theweakeredge

Nuance for nuances sake.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
No. Nuance because there is nuance. Again, the fact that some asexual people don't meet your standard is none of my concern, its simple just not the case that people have to apply to your specific definition to be asexual. The reason I call you homophobic, is similar to why I disagree with you here, you do not care about the identity of those people - you only wan to make obviously false equivalences and hold them to your own unsound standards - then pretend like others are being unreasonable for not accepting your own unproven standards. 
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Theweakeredge
 Some asexual people still have sex, because A) It feels good
What does it mean to be asexual if they think sex feels good?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@TheUnderdog
You aren't attracted to people - sex feeling good is separate from not feeling attracted 
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Theweakeredge
Yes, many asexual people still have a libido and might experience sexual desire. So, asexual people might still masturbate or have sex. ... It just means they don't experience sexual attraction. There are many reasons why an asexual person might want to have sex.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@FLRW
So I've explained - many times
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
@Theweakeredge

An "asexual person" might want to have sex, because they are not asexual.

They naturally want to contradict their assumed identity.

Trying to conceptually override primary drive is futile.

One is not suggesting that physiological aberrations do not naturally occur.

But nonetheless, some people do lie for effect.....Notably, an "asexual person" who is obviously a sexual person.

And calling me "homophobic" is just plain childish.....As is blocking.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@Theweakeredge
You aren't attracted to people - sex feeling good is separate from not feeling attracted 
But aren’t people attracted to sex because it feels good?  If this is the case, then someone who is asexual would find sex neutral or repulsive.  Gay people like gay sex.  Straight people like straight sex.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
Which bit is sex?

Is it the rapture of orgasm?....Or is it the thought that goes into achieving it.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@TheUnderdog
False - your organs which exude sexual pleasure are completely different from the biological complexes which dictate attraction. Furthermore, being gay is being attracted to the same gender - that can be romantically or sexually, same for heterosexuality. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@FLRW
There are many reasons why an asexual person might want to have sex.
Not really... No, there aren't.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@Theweakeredge.

Organs allow for the provision of musical pleasure.....Just as other organs, such as ears and penises, allow for the provision of music perhaps and procreation.....However; all pleasure is generated by the brain.

And being gay is one of several variant concepts on a theme of procreation.

And then we might "exude".
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
Again - pleasure receptors and the complexes which generate are entirely separate. I suppose you could semantically claim that both of the functions originating in the brain mean that they are connected - but it would disingenuous to present it like that was the implication. 
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Theweakeredge
Are you asexual?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@coal
Nope.
coal
coal
-->
@Theweakeredge
Are you bi?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@coal
Pansexual specifically
coal
coal
-->
@Theweakeredge
What does "pansexual" mean, to you?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@coal
To be attracted to people regardless of gender. Perceived or otherwise. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Unironically laughed at this and I can't think of a post to make another joke
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Vader
@Discipulus_Didicit
My wife graded me as an A textulist. Sorry; unavoidable.