Kakegurui Mafia Day 1 (RM host) - Embracing the Gamble.

Author: RationalMadman

Read-only
Total: 129
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
The theme split is abstract, do not expect every character to stereotypically fit their alignment or even role (though some will/might).

The images you have been sent after your role PMs do not matter too much in the same way that specific sentences don't matter in a role PM.

You are 100% disallowed to link the URLs of images of the characters in-game other than the specific ones of the fandom wiki(s) as I haven't used them.

Treat the image you have like specific wording inside the role PM, you should feel free to describe it perhaps even more detailed than your PM but never show it directly, not even trying to draw it and showing that. There are one or two commonalities between the images Town members received vs what the scum did. This was calculated to be difficult but not impossible to solve, there are many misleading commonalities and differences. I incorporated this to give 4v1v2 Town a real chance at eliminating scum day one, this game is going to be cutthroat.

Lunatic is Yumemi (family name Yumemite, yes that similar) the Superstar/Celebrity. He is role-confirmed only, his alignment isn't revealed/naked.

This is what a superstar is: 
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Superstar

The role (or flavouring of role) means he is essentially the role version of what alignment is to the Innocent Child.

Your thinking about the characters and setup can start now, let's use the time Whiteflame has requested as making it worth what I assure you is a complex/cryptic setup and theme-split.

This is officially my first ever hosted mafia game in history of debating sites, I am new and experimenting, please bear with me.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
IN ALL THEME SPLITS, EITHER SIDE MAY BE TOWN. This may or may not be good vs evil. There is guaranteed to be at least 1 Council member who is scum, however the opposite is not guaranteed (nor denied).
I am assuming everyone is able to watch the series in some way, you won't be able to catch the theme-splite solely from the fandom Wikias, in my opinion.

The theme-split is abstract to the point where you could argue the game is themeless, however after it is over, I will explain what it was.

The theme has 2 separate layers to it (actually 3 but one is very unlikely to be noticeable at all).

It can be anything from the following (or even something not mentioned):

• Stoic approach to gambling vs Nihilistic
  • Passionate approach to gambling vs Calculated
  • Willingness to cheat vs Apprehension
  • Neutrality on cheating vs Singular approach
  • Psychopathic traits vs Empathetic traits
  • Deceptive demeanour vs Honest demeanour (matching the real self)
  • Tendency to win when gambling vs Tendency to lose
  • Having no clear allegiances vs Clear allegiances
  • Embracing defeat vs Avoiding defeat
  • Loathing risk vs Adoring risk
  • Having ever participated in cheating vs Having not done so
  • Having actively stopped cheating vs Having noticed it but consistently not directly stopped it
  • Tendency to conform vs Tendency to stand out
  • Having gambled and/or cheated on behalf of someone else vs Having never done so
  • Having exposed cheaters at any point in the series vs Having never done so.
These are some core concepts.

I promise you the theme-split is not something as simplistic as Council vs non-Council or merely family vs non-family, the theme-split is something abstract. I have designed the split such that it is viable for town to accidentally correctly lynch Day 1 based on a false concept of the theme, this is to make it fair.

The same idea goes for the images, the images are not clear on what they have in common at all, I even made sure that the 4 town have quite a few exceptions where 3 have something in common while 1 does not.

There are 2 true commonalities in the images and they are both subtle indeed, requiring a lot of discussion. One is less subtle than the other.

There are 3 or 4 commonalities in images in actuality but the thirdparty has been granted 2 of them being the same as town with the other 2 not.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Some other theme-split ideas that may be at play include:
  1. Happy vs Sad
  2. Angry vs Calm
  3. Only deceives to gain an advantage vs Deceives as an end in itself
  4. Has an agenda beyond the gambling whenever they gamble vs Has ever gambled for the sake of gambling itself
  5. Cares about the order of the school's society vs Thinks it's a bit of a sham

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@Vader
@whiteflame
@ILikePie5
Rules:
  1. I know people here seem to think CoC doesn't apply but please don't bully each other to a degree where it's really bullying, banter is allowed but don't keep teasing the same individual over and over.
  2. No outside-game bets or influence to pressure someone into or away from a vote. This includes 'swearing on something sacred' type things, either doing it or making someone else need to do it.
  3. No threats or bluffs involving screenshotting or cheating of any kind.
  4. No racism or LGBTphobia. To my knowledge every player in this game is male but no sexism if that's somehow a topic. The cast is majority female regardless of theme (possibly 100% female but I am not confirming or denying, just saying). 
Have fun, day starts now and will end in 72 hours, if I'm offline please don't post. After eliminating a player, you can talk a little bit in what MafiaScum calls 'twilight zone' but please be sensible.

I reveal full role PMs upon death, not the next day if it's a vote-off.

I call voting, voting and 'lynching' eliminating.

I will not use the L-word in this game but you can say VTL or use the word if you want as this website hasn't ruled that out.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Bullish
@MisterChris
Have fun,

Also the final rule: play to win, don't gamethrow but gambits are allowed.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Voting must be done as:

Vote: username

or

VTL username

You can say shorter versions of a username or misspell, I won't allow 'trick votes' to bait others, if I think it's a vote, it's counted.

It must be bold though.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Unvoting is allowed but not required, if you vote someone after voting someone else, it switches immediately.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
I will not use the L-word
lol what
MisterChris
MisterChris
well anyway first thing I'll say is I know zero about the theme of this game. Never seen this anime. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
One last thing, 

For balancing reasons, at least 1 scum has been given a fake role to claim that is guaranteed to not be counterclaimed.

Noone has been given a fake character claim.
MisterChris
MisterChris
UISUZYTORA
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Some information to work with here. I don't know what to make of Lunatic being role confirmed but not affiliation confirmed 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Well, as one of the resident anime fans, I can honestly say that I know very little about this one. Still, I'll do my best to pick apart the theme from what I do know and from the information we've been given. 

Also, good to be back at this. Long trip these last few days and I'm getting over some jet lag, but all is well.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Vote count

All voting noone.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I know people here seem to think CoC doesn't apply but please don't bully each other to a degree where it's really bullying, banter is allowed but don't keep teasing the same individual over and over.

Sup cunt nugget :) 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Anyone wanna claim TP?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
VTL Earth
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Vote Count

Earth (1/4) -  Pie

Not voting (6/7) - WF, Luna, Supa, Bullish, MC, Earth

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Terrible effort.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Given the lack of activity, yeah, I can get behind this.

VTL Earth
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Thats quite the opening post.

Anyway, I don't have much time to interact because I'm about to leave for work. I'm Saotome Mary. 

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
I'm going to head out now. Don't expect anything substantial for the next 8 or so hours, and I'll probably head right to bed after. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Bullish
Unvote

VTL Bullish

Tag, you're it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Vote Count

Earth (1/4) -  Pie
Bullish (1/4) - WF

Not voting (5/7) - Luna, Supa, Bullish, MC, Earth

Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
Lynch all weebs

VTL white
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
VTL Supa
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
So is your entire role Superstar or are you some other role that's gonna be confirmed later
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Vote Count

Bullish (1/4) - WF
Whiteflame (1/4) - Bull
Supadudz (1/4) - Pie

Not voting (4/7) - Luna, Supa, MC, Earth

MisterChris
MisterChris
Since RM confirms that SCUM have not been given a fake character claim, I believe Earth is TOWN for claiming so early. 

This is debatable but Lunatic is almost confirmed TOWN in my book because to give SCUM the celebrity + a fake role I think would be OP.  
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Just so EVERYONE is clear (this reveals nothing about Chris' alignment, what he said could be said by all alignments) the term 'Scum' includes third-party.

I am clarifying this so that everyone in the game fully understands what is or isn't guaranteed when I say at least 1 scum has been given a guaranteed fake role.

I do not think it is fair for either side in this game if I don't clarify that here and now.

Bullish
Bullish
-->
@MisterChris
I think the mod psych of this would put superstars at scum, cause otherwise why not just use innocent child?

It's like masons/neighbors, masons are confirmed town, so if the mod uses neighbors the mod psych says one of them is probably scum.