Kakegurui Endgame - Mafia Wins!

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 6
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
The mafia has won.

The theme split was:

1. All Scum come to accept that defeat is an inevitable and healthy part of life. Yumemi Yumemite accepting this and Midari Ikishima not accepting this was the most deceptive part of the theme split and why I felt comfortable revealing it, I will justify this later. Midari enjoys losing out of masochistic impulse, not out of genuine humility and definitely thinks people who win are corrupt cowards usually unless they put their life on the line without cheating.
  2. All Town not only respect Yumeko Jabami in a genuine sense but they conform (not necessarily respect) the system in the school, even the rebel Midari who was personally responsible for the forced marriage arrangements going on with some losers who couldn't pay their debts (Kirari masterminded it and was also Town). In short, the Town conforms the most to society, though Meari is rebellious as her character develops she still maintains an ultimately conservative playstyle and ethos throughout. Yumeko conforms on the outside (how she dresses and acts) but inside is a complete anarchist, Yumemi Yumemite and Runa Yomozuki don't conform much at all, they love to stand out in multiple ways, Runa is the only Council member who loathes both cheating as well as ever risking too much at any given time (she is never even seen to gamble in the series' two seasons) and dresses very peculiar. Yumeko Jabami doesn't respect herself and Yumemi only fears Yumeko, she doesn't genuinely respect her at all she thinks Yumeko is merely lucky and crazy but accepts her defeat to Yumeko regardless. This was an interesting fused theme-split, you could even break this apart into two layers but a theme 'around Yumeko and who respects her' sounds unfair to make its own thing.
  3. The third split is nearly unnoticeable. The Town all play with an agenda at all times. They never play a gamble without an agenda behind it at any point int he two seasons though Kirari comes close. Yumeko has an agenda at all times but also plays for the thrill itself. Yumemi and Runa may have agendas in part but both adore gambling itself. Yumemi intentionally lost sections of her serial-gamble contest vs Yumeko just because she thought it would be more spectacular.
The roles were balanced such that if 1-2 members of any team were both bad, that team would almost 100% come to be defeated while the other 2 stand a chance.

That is true for almost all 7-player setups but this was very well balanced in my opinion.

There was no role in the game that had no capacity to lose if they or their teammate screwed up significantly, there was also no role in the game that had no capacity to win if they played proficiently, especially as I noticed you guys didn't know the theme so I revealed a layer of the theme to help.

The images had this in common: All Town faced forward with their body and head (but Midari looked up). All held in their hands something to do with stakes/gambling as well as something significant in the storyline that nearly hurts them and shows a human side to them. Also, all the town were sombre or unhappy in expression.

The thirdparty had a couple of things in common and quite a few things to lead to the thirdparty describing their image in a way that despite being similar enough could lead Town to suspect them.

The Mafia were even directly baited and misled by me in part because the clue I gave them to counteract the theme-split suggested that their torsos facing left of the image and their happy expressions didn't really matter. On the other hand, my clue did help them realise that Runa carrying a lollypop and having cards swirling around her probably implied that I had mixed some things around, I'll reveal the hint and specifics in my next post.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Whiteflame
You are...
Momobami Kirari!
(Momobami is the family name)
At first, no new student in the school knows that you exist. Yet, you've been running the place since you were there in your first year via efficient gambling!
A monster of odds analysis, a ruthless exploiter with psychological analysis... You have only one weakness...
You need to feel validated as if you've earned your power, even though there'd be much easier ways to go about it. You need to know the games were fair though, you're no fan of cheating or backdoor agreements, it's one of your only redeeming qualities...
Your role is the Traffic Analyst!
Each Night-Phase, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether or not that player is able to privately communicate with another living player (you cannot distinguish between a player who is alone in a private topic, and a player who does not have private topic access at all).
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
For clarity's sake, I will specify that you are flavoured to get results at the start of night actions, you investigate before all other actions happen except for roleblocking.
This means if one member of a chat dies in the night or gains access to a chat with another player during the night phase, you would receive a 'can communicate' verdict for the one who had a chat with the dead player but a 'cannot communicate' verdict for the latter.
Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.
You win with the Town.
The image I made on an imgur link somehow says it's 18+ and asks for consent that you are over 18 to view it. I am 100% sure it's appropriate for anyone but if you don't trust me here is the original image with a longer URL:
Kirari
I basically linked to that URL or file and imgur falsely flagged it as potentially 18+. Therefore, I won't risk linking to Imgur for legal reasons but I am telling you that is the image I uploaded.

Bullish and Ryota already revealed, please see the DP threads for those:
You are...
Saotome Meari/Mary!
(Saotome is the family name)
At the start it was all good, you had your cronies, they did your cheating for you, you owned many pets, practically the queen of the school who simply hadn't joined the Council yet...
Then, everything changed. Yumeko opened your eyes, humbled you and showed you that cheating is fine but outplaying a cheat is fantastic.
What lesson did you take from that?
Noone really knows, you just do your thing and keep trying to lowkey rig things in your favour regardless, however it becomes done for the greater good.
Your role is the Neighborizer (I would spell this Neighbouriser, however I am remaining loyal to the MafiaScum spelling, I am letting you know how I'd spell it so you don't unfairly 'slip').
Each night-phase, you select a player. That player joins you in a chat that remains open all game long however when the player(s) die(s) they leave the chat.
Your chat is known as a neighbourhood (or 'neighborhood', this is getting tiring), they gain the ability to chat inside it the next dayphase.
Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role. Please send your Discord to me, it's necessary for your communication abilities. I did not ask for the Discord from players in town who lack them, in this PM for them, in case you'd 'slip' by mentioning it.
You win with the Town.
Note: Your role will indeed successfully recruit scum to the neighbourhood. You have no way of knowing for sure.
If Earth's neighbors or he himself died, they were ejected from chat. Same for Bullish (this was decided after making the role, primarily for balancing out what whiteflame could and couldn't detect on Night 2 if Town had steamrolled).

I sent him an image originally but felt there was too much about it that could lead to a fallacious scumread if he were to describe it:

So I made this his new image and considered him 'informed-flavoured' about the theme. 

ILikepie5
You are...
Ikishima Midari!
(Ikishima is the family name)
Most of these students are some outright posers. They think they gamble but really they just sit there, analyse odds, make calculated moves and garner cash by dirty play. You don't mind the dirty play, but why don't they risk?
Where is the masochism?! Where is the thrill?!
You are the flavoured-compulsive Bodyguard.
Each Night-Phase, you pick someone to save and if they're killed you die in their place.
If you were to be inactive and not send me a night action, I will use random.org to compel your action and let you know who it was acted on via PM.
You win with the Town.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Supadudz
You are...Yomozuki Runa!
(Yomozuki is the family name)

Cute, unbiased, friendly yet ruthless. People don't know quite what to do with you and that makes you very dangerous indeed. You are extremely observant, you understand how to spot any kind of cheating and will not stand for it.You loathe anyone who will break the rules to win, however... You would stand by and allow cheating if you found it amusing or clever enough.Your role is the flavoured-scum Tracker.Each Night-Phase, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn who that player targeted that night. (You will get "no result" if this action is blocked.)You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
Also, as your role requires communication channels, please give me your Discord, I will add you as a friend and invite you to a server.You win with the Mafia!
Runa

Lunatic
You are...Yumemite Yumemi!
(Yumemite is the family name)

Yumeeeemiiiii ohhh yaaaaaaaaaaa! The crowd loves you! You're loved right? No. You are generally disliked and beneath it all you want to rip the concept of the gambling nonsense to shreds.You only engage in the gambling because it's forced onto you, furthermore, you aren't aiming for anything in life other than being a superstar (currently a pop idol but striving to be an actress).Your role is the flavoured-scum Superstar!I will confirm your role at the start of the game to everyone.
Lucky for you, I won't reveal your alignment...Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.
Also, as your role requires communication channels, please give me your Discord, I will add you as a friend and invite you to a server.You win with the Mafia.
can't find it and deleted the Discord server but it was a drawing similar to this: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/0d/8f/ae0d8f75a8e45922757c1bc00cf5394f.jpg

with the finger and top half of hand not present
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
how would you have made the theme or setup better?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
What
Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
damn