Theweakeredge AMA - Reboot

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 177
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
A while back I did an AMA, this was back when I had first started into the forum section, but now that I've been here for a while, and there are new usres here  -I want to give people a new opportunity to question me 

For ease of access - a list of my labels and positions:

• Progressivism 
    • Free-Utilities
    • Free-Healthcare
    • Free-Education 
    • Non-complex immigration
    • Pro-Choice
    • Increasing Age-of-Majority
    • Anti-Mandatory Draft
    • Police Abolishment
    • De-Militarization of Martial departments
    • Against Flat Tax - Tax leans Rich
  • Pro-LGBTQIA
    • Comprehensive Education including LGBTQIA topics
    • Gender-Affirming Healthcare 
    • Allowing adoption services to all given other prerequisites are met
    • Penalty for tangible discrimination against
    • Standardizing Official documentation to include LGBTQIA identities
  • Atheist 
    • Anti-Theist
    • Separation of Church and State
    • Freedom to and from Religion 
    • Taxing the Church
    • Abolishing Religious exemptions that harm individuals
  • Naturalist
    • The natural world is all there is
    • Supernatural is impossible
    • souls don't exist
    • The mind is an emergent property of the brain
  • Moral Subjectivist
    • Objective moral truths are impossible
    • Sentientism 
    • Soft-Utilitarianism
  • Personal Identities
    • Pansexual - Am attracted to people regardless of gender, i.e, no physiological traits I find particularly attractive over another
    • Cis-gendered - I identify as the gender I was assigned at birth 
    • High Schooler auditing several college classes
And that's all I can think of right now - ask away

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Theweakeredge
1} Is there an answer to everything?
....1a} If so, what is that answer?

2} Is there possibility for a unified theory of everything?

3} Is our  occupied space Universe finite?

4} If #3 is yes, then what exists outside of the finite, occupied space Universe?

5} If the Universe is finite, is it a perpetual motion mechanism, or operating system?I

6} If we live in a finite Universe, does it have an associated shape or set of shapes?

7} Can we associate the word soul, with all biologic creatures, or only humans?

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
1} Is there an answer to everything?
....1a} If so, what is that answer?
In what regard? I wasn't aware that everything was a question.

2} Is there possibility for a unified theory of everything?
If I'm interpreting this correctly, I'm not quite convinced by its assertions it makes: its simply been demonstrated too many times that a purely mathematical hypothetical proof is not as valid as raw empirical evidence. 

3} Is our  occupied space Universe finite?
Do you mean the Universe that we find ourselves in? I would suppose that yes it is. The universe that is, not space in general. 

4} If #3 is yes, then what exists outside of the finite, occupied space Universe?
Other universes

5} If the Universe is finite, is it a perpetual motion mechanism, or operating system?I
I suppose it would be closer to a perpetual motion mechanism - though not perpetual - it is pretty close to it. 

6} If we live in a finite Universe, does it have an associated shape or set of shapes?
I'm not sure - I'd have to do more research

7} Can we associate the word soul, with all biologic creatures, or only humans?
No biological creatures, I don't think souls are a thing
coal
Debates: 6
coal
What do you want to be when you grow up? 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@coal
A behavioral psychologist and essayist. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Theweakeredge
Do you like to cook?
Do you like turtles?

If you insist I ask political questions:

• Free-Utilities
How do you curb overuse of utilities? If I didn't have to pay for water, I'd take 30 minute showers every day. If I didn't pay electric bills, I'd keep my house at a cool 65 in the summer when it is 90+ outside and at a toasty 75 when it is 30 outside in the winter. If you don't put some financial incentive to limit use to only needs and not wants, how do you plan to stop people from overusing limited resources and imposing massive costs on other people?

• Police Abolishment
What does this even mean? Because it seems like the only people that support actually getting rid of cops are vastly overprivileged lefties. I have seen semi-rational arguments made for "defunding police" (partially, not entirely) and using some of the funds in other ways to fix the same problems. Merriam Webster says abolish means "to completely do away with (something)". Are you actually saying that we shouldn't have men and women patrolling and arresting people that murder and rob people?
Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
-->
@Theweakeredge
Equality of outcome vs equality of opportunity. Which do you prefer. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@bmdrocks21
Do you like to cook?
Not particularly, sometimes I suppose.

Do you like turtles?
Not really

How do you curb overuse of utilities? If I didn't have to pay for water, I'd take 30 minute showers every day. If I didn't pay electric bills, I'd keep my house at a cool 65 in the summer when it is 90+ outside and at a toasty 75 when it is 30 outside in the winter. If you don't put some financial incentive to limit use to only needs and not wants, how do you plan to stop people from overusing limited resources and imposing massive costs on other people?
Because some people overusing utilities doesn't matter as much as people starving, or having no shelter, etc, etc - but if you want to hear my solution, just a fine. Cause ya know, if you don't have to pay that base amount, you have a lot more spare cash. Just pay enough to make up for what you used more of. 

What does this even mean? Because it seems like the only people that support actually getting rid of cops are vastly overprivileged lefties. I have seen semi-rational arguments made for "defunding police" (partially, not entirely) and using some of the funds in other ways to fix the same problems. Merriam Webster says abolish means "to completely do away with (something)". Are you actually saying that we shouldn't have men and women patrolling and arresting people that murder and rob people?
To the last question - nope - I don't think the police department should be the ones to do it - I've said over and over again that I don't think that the just having zero enforcement of the law is necessarily a good thing, just that I think that the current institution is much too corrupt and discriminatory in how it works. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bones
Equality of outcome vs equality of opportunity. Which do you prefer. 
A baseline equality of outcome, living comfortably, with outliers there, and everyone has the same equality of opportunity 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Theweakeredge
In what regard? I wasn't aware that everything was a question.
You are either r very young ergo ignorant of this age old question, or your ego is practicing avoidance of the question posed to you, or both.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, I'm not quite convinced by its assertions it makes: its simply been demonstrated too many times that a purely mathematical hypothetical proof is not as valid as raw empirical evidence. 
More ego driven avoidance of answering the question as posed to you

Do you mean the Universe that we find ourselves in? I would suppose that yes it is. The universe that is, not space in general.
The question was not about "space" in general, --that is a whole separate quetion in of itself--- and you apparrently are not familiar with how Universe is defined, ergo, I can direct you to a dictionary definition, i fneccessary.

That above you did some how manage to give a correct answer "yes", the our Universe is finite. +1

Other universes

Incorrect answer. You answered yes to #3 i.e.  we live in affinite occupied space Universe, ergo, there can exist no other occupied space outside of our finite, Universe.  Again you to need a definition for the word Universe.  Uni = one and verse = narrative definining occupied space.

I suppose it would be closer to a perpetual motion mechanism - though not perpetual - it is pretty close to it. 
Incorrect answer.  Saying Universe is close ---not all the way---  to being a perpetual motion mechanism or operating system is like saying our finite Universe is close  to being infinite occupied space.  It is irrational, illogical lack of common sense to say anything is near infiinity.

You need to learn about the 1st law of thermodynamics, that transfers over as, occupied space cannot be created nor destroyed, only transformed from state of occupied existence to another.

I'm not sure - I'd have to do more research
+2 as no one knows for sure, as rational, logical common sense based on ideas of a finite occupied space Universe ---and not you incorrect "other universes" answer-- inherently mean our finite Universe has an associated dynamic that can be arrived at using various rational, logical common sense pathways of thought.

No biological creatures, I don't think souls are a thing
That is not an answer to the question, presented to you, ergo, incorrect answer.

It is well known that, the word "soul" is associated with humans. What is not as well known is, that the word "soul" is just as rationally, logically and common sensically associated with all biologic creatures.

Yes, it is true that most humans have this unique ability of access to Metaphysical-1 mind/intellect/concepts/ego, yet what humans have in common with all biollogic creatures is that of synergetic system of the whole being greater than than the sum-of-parts as unique { rare } biologic life in our finite, occupied space Universe.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ebuc
You can be an arsehole if you like, but I'm not interacting with you if you wanna keep on making claims without backing them up and assuming that I know what you're talking about - because I don't. Go away, if you continue I'm blocking you, we've been over this Ebuc. 
Undefeatable
Debates: 64
Undefeatable
-->
@Theweakeredge
1) what was the best day(s) of your life?
2) how are your friendships and relationships, and how do they reveal what kind of person you are?
3) what are your favorite shows and movies?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Undefeatable
Wow  - winner of the most generic questions are you! lol - but here are some answers

1) what was the best day(s) of your life?
Probably the one-year anniversary i had with my ex-boyfriend. 

2) how are your friendships and relationships, and how do they reveal what kind of person you are?
Uuh.... good? I'm not sure what you mean? I guess I'm a romantic at heart, I really like snuggling? I don't know what you want here. 

3) what are your favorite shows and movies?
The Boys, Invincible, Spider-Man into the Spiderverse, Young Justice, MCU (especially the newer series)
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Theweakeredge
Because some people overusing utilities doesn't matter as much as people starving, or having no shelter, etc, etc - but if you want to hear my solution, just a fine. Cause ya know, if you don't have to pay that base amount, you have a lot more spare cash. Just pay enough to make up for what you used more of. 
So if you have a fine for overuse, then it sounds like you want to subsidize utilities, not make them “free” as in no fee tied to use.

To the last question - nope - I don't think the police department should be the ones to do it - I've said over and over again that I don't think that the just having zero enforcement of the law is necessarily a good thing, just that I think that the current institution is much too corrupt and discriminatory in how it works.
Then who arrests criminals? Social workers?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@bmdrocks21
So if you have a fine for overuse, then it sounds like you want to subsidize utilities, not make them “free” as in no fee tied to use.
I said basic utilities are free- and the amount of one utility, say, water - is free until you use more than what's provided. The basics are still free, extra, just isn't. The semantics here isn't convincing. 

Then who arrests criminals? Social workers?
A unique department - different departments for different sorts of crime - no not social workers. Though in the case of incidents that are best resolved through deescalation, yes, the responders ought to have training in de-escalation. 
Bones
Bones
-->
@Theweakeredge
Ok, if there was a completely healthy middle aged man who had no significant life commitments who choses not to work and have no income, do you believe they should have assess to social security or some sort of government funding?
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Theweakeredge
I said basic utilities are free- and the amount of one utility, say, water - is free until you use more than what's provided. The basics are still free, extra, just isn't. The semantics here isn't convincing. 
Im not using semantics arguments (or arguing at all), I’m explaining what you said. You are now suggesting subsidizing it in the form of an allowance. Your original post made no mention of any limit (“free” was the term used)

A unique department - different departments for different sorts of crime - no not social workers. Though in the case of incidents that are best resolved through deescalation, yes, the responders ought to have training in de-escalation.
We already have that. We have homicide divisions, organized crime, narcotics, etc.

There is no need to make 15 new agencies per city. Sounds like a bureaucratic nightmare coordinating different departments when you can just have one

That’s like saying we should have a different school for every subject. 

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bones
to have everything he needs to live for free, yup. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@bmdrocks21
I said basic utilities are free, basic necessarily implies "standard" and in this case, I quite clearly framed it as what you need to live comfortably, there was indeed a limit - you weren't paying attention. 

No, we don't, these people are not trained separately, not formally anyways, and the rates of killing innocents are only higher - because they receive no training in deesculation that they use, and they don't know how to handle mental health emergencies. Not to mention the killing and corruption, oh wait, that's the point. 
Bones
Bones
-->
@Theweakeredge
And the money comes from taxes? What if I don't want my hard earned money stolen and given to some lazy guy who is able to work and choses not to? 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bones
eh, unless your unproportionately rich it won't affect you, regardless it shouldn't matter.Because it's not for "lazy" people, yes they benefit, but its primarily for people who can't afford to *live*. 
Bones
Bones
-->
@Theweakeredge
eh, unless your unproportionately rich it won't affect you,
It isn't about what effects you, it is about what is just. Consider the following scenario. 

• It is the beginning of a basketball season, and the tickets are being sold. Those who want to watch Lebron James play will deposit five dollars in a box each time they buy a ticket. At the end of the game, the proceeds in the box go to Lebron (remember that this is a simplified example which aims to magnify the philosophical point of voluntary exchange). Since there are many people who wish to watch Lebron play, at the end of each match, he collects 300 000 dollars from the box. The money he obtained has been through legitimate means. Who has the ground to complain? Not those who paid to watch; they freely chose to buy tickets. Not those who dislike Lebron; they stayed at home and didn’t pay a dollar. Surely not Lebron; who chose to play basketball in exchange for an income.  It just happens that there is a large number of people who like him and are willing to pay to watch him play. Who do you propose has the right to take his money?

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bones
Because Lebron's labour (playing sports) is not actually worth that much money - and people with poorer circumstances need that money more. That's why. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Theweakeredge
oops, look somebody fell out of bed this AM. Ouch!
coal
coal
-->
@Theweakeredge
That is a fascinating answer.  Are you thinking about something involving clinical practice?  If so, what draws you to that?  
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@coal
Yeah, I like research, but I'm not the best at practical experimentation and things of that nature, plus I legitimately like talking to people and helping them overcome things like that. I think stuff like philosophy was actually the reason I have any interest in it at all, because a lot of psychology is epistemology 
coal
coal
-->
@Theweakeredge
What are your thoughts on the field of psychology?

How about the field of psychiatry?

Is your avatar Corpse Husband?
Bones
Bones
-->
@Theweakeredge
Because Lebron's labour (playing sports) is not actually worth that much money - and people with poorer circumstances need that money more. That's why.
Who are you to determine what he is worth? He is worth as much as consenting people will pay him. Lebron has acquired his money through a legitimate mean, one of which involves consenting parties putting money in his box for a service.

If I hosted basketball game at my park and two people came, do you believe I get to collect in whole the money that they give to watch the game. 

The case of Lebron is very simple, so I am surprised that you disagree with it. It literally person 1 giving person 2 money, and this process repeating with person 3, 4, 5 etc. How is this immoral? Remember, the people who payed to watch Lebron play, payed to watch Lebron pay, they didn't pay to give some bum living expenses. 

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@coal
What are your thoughts on the field of psychology?
I think its an amazing field, without psychology you don't have marketing, you don't have effective mental health counseling, you don't have so many different fundamental principles. I think its a great way to measure, group, and quantify human behavior and thought - obviously there's still a lot of work to go (as with any scientific field), but I think its contributions to society is nearly without peer. 

How about the field of psychiatry?
Much more mixed, while I am extremely grateful for all of the advancements and medications that have been developed thanks to it, it's also a lot more fundamentally profit-oriented, and a lot of times the goals of psychiatry is twisted by trying to sell a product instead of helping others. 

Is your avatar Corpse Husband?
lol, nope. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bones
Um... because while entertainment is important, the entire point of jobs is to benefit society, and if the overpaying of an individual is actually hurting society, say by giving a basketball player so much money they can have dozens of cars, instead of giving people who work out in fields to produce goods that you actually need to survive are working on barely above minimum wage? That's how I get to determine how much that work is worth, not how much the individual is, but how much the labour is.