Abortion: a fance to music distant and dissonant

Author: fauxlaw ,

Total: 87
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
--> @fauxlaw
I fully support efforts to punish acts of violence against women that harm or terminate a wanted pregnancy.  The Unborn Victims of Violence Acts is an inappropriate method of imposing such punishment, however, because it dangerously seeks to separate the woman from her fetus in the eyes of the law. Such separation is merely the first step toward eroding a woman's right to determine the fate of her own pregnancy and to direct the course of her own health care. For this reason, the ACLU opposes this lawl, but supports alternative approaches to punishing violence against pregnant women.
fauxlaw
Debates: 75
fauxlaw
--> @FLRW
I am not surprised the ACLU dos not support the UVVA; they tend not to support constitutional cicil liberties. But, the UVVA does anything but separate a woman from the fetus. The law stipulates two murder charges, one for the mother; one for the fetus. Two separate lives, but bound together under a single statute. Two persons, since murder is a charge that only applies to the willful death of persons.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 6
SkepticalOne
--> @fauxlaw
It seems you (dubiously) assume abortions are for those who engage in indiscriminate sex and are indiscriminate in their sexual partners. It seems you also (wrongly) assume every young person (and adult) has been afforded a comprehensive sex ed by their schools or family. 

Basically, you need to check your assumptions. Sentience is only as good as the information one has to work with and is completely irrelevant to the unforseeable and unavoidable.

Perhaps you and I can never agree on this because of the vast differences in the way that we look at the world. You seem to be 'black and white' and I am 'shades of grey'.

I've enjoyed the discussion - it has been one of our more interesting exchanges. I will leave you to your thread. ;-)

fauxlaw
Debates: 75
fauxlaw
--> @SkepticalOne
Who assumes? I assume no such things. I expect that sentient humans engage is sufficient research about sexual activity if not instructed by school or family, and even if they are, but I make no assumptions that they actually do. That's entirely on them and my opinions matters naught. Since I make no assumptions, what needs checking? I do the research, and jave made my own mind on the matter, What others do is on them.  Yes, I am very strict on how I look at sexual activity. I was a virgin until married, and have been utterly faithful to the covenant I made at marriage. If I can do it, anyone can; that they choose not to so is entirely on them and I wish them well, having witnessed those who do not do as I did first-hand. I am a happy man. Many of those who make no commitments are not. Make of that as you will. Yes, it appears we will never agree. 
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
--> @fauxlaw
 I am a happy man. Many of those who make no commitments are not. 

Trump seems like a happy man. In an interview in 1997, Trump says he lost his virginity at “about 14.”

100 days later

drlebronski
Debates: 11
drlebronski
--> @fauxlaw @FLRW @SkepticalOne @Theweakeredge
you want less abortions right? i think everyone in this forum wants less abortions aswell.

banning abortions doesnt help at all in fact when abortion is legal abortion goes down!!???

democratic policies are also a great factor in abortions going down!?
Theweakeredge
Debates: 32
Theweakeredge
--> @drlebronski
Dude - I'm pro choice and pro abortion, I actually am kinda "meh" on more or less abortion, I don't think there's ANYTHING morally wrong with abortion. So.. yeah, vet your audience a bit more my dude. 
drlebronski
drlebronski
--> @Theweakeredge
.....im aware?
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
--> @Theweakeredge
You said you’re pro-choice and pro-abortion. I assume there’s no confusion. What distinction are you making?

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Before modern medicine women alone determine whether or not their pregnancy went to full-term.  And then modern medicine stepped in to make it more efficient. Because of that women have been subjugated to second class when deciding what happens with their bodies and their pregnancy. With things like the morning after pill and the abortion pill eventually these things will be done in the home privately without any need to leave the house or go to a doctor. What a glorious day that will be.

Theweakeredge
Debates: 32
Theweakeredge
--> @drlebronski
Le sigh - you tagged me to this post:
"banning abortions doesnt help at all in fact when abortion is legal abortion goes down!!???"

drlebronski
drlebronski
--> @Theweakeredge
I usually tag everyone involved in arguments that's why i tagged flrw and skeptic