How silly are Covid restrictions

Author: ronjs

Total: 39
ronjs
Debates: 0
ronjs
-->
@oromagi
My humour is usually from observing things or events which could be interpreted as humourous. Shoppers are not breaking the law by lining up (while social distancing)to get into a store, it is a result of the fact that they have less places to shop at and can only buy certain items. Greeting cards are just an example of so called non essentials, I for one couldn't  care less about greeting cards, but how does buying non essentials effect the spread of Covid in any way shape or form.
 Mr. Fords business has profited greatly from these restrictions.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->@oromagi
My humour is usually from observing things or events which could be interpreted as humourous.
Still can't tell whether anything in you OP was meant to be humorous.  I suspect not.

Shoppers are not breaking the law by lining up (while social distancing)to get into a store, i
Yes they were unless they were buying essential items that could not be delivered or picked up curbside.  You described these people as buying clothes, shoes, and greeting cards so yes, breaking the law.
 a result of the fact that they have less places to shop at and can only buy certain items.
The law required them to stay at home.

Greeting cards are just an example of so called non essentials, I for one couldn't  care less about greeting cards, but how does buying non essentials effect the spread of Covid in any way shape or form.
When people break the law to buy non-essential items, they increase the likelihood of getting infected by breathing in COVID circulating in the air from the exhalations of infected people.  People risk infecting others with virus unaware that they've been infected.  The more people who break the law by shopping for non-essentials, the less the violation seems contrary to norm which gives more people permission to join the scofflaws.  If everybody obeyed the spirit of the law, employers could keep a lot more employees home as non-essential, reducing the risk even further.
 Mr. Fords business has profited greatly from these restrictions.
He was in commercial label business before becoming premier.  My understanding is that his brother Randy is running the business now.  Rob Ford's widow, who has a 20% stake in the company states in a recent lawsuit that the company is worth half of what it was worth in 2006.  I would not be surprised at some corruption since the Ford family is pretty well known for corruption but I don't see any data backing your claim.
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@zedvictor4
Not sure about the bible. But a better way is to let people make their own mistakes and die if they desire. 

Small government would suggest that there are certain things that the government should do - and the society at large is big enough and ugly enough to make it own decisions. 

This is about the government wanting to nanny us.  It is about saying - we don't trust people. It is nothing short of this. 

The Covid Virus  is globally active. Yet it is not as deadly as governments say. Yes, it does kill people. Many people have died from it. And yet many people would have died anyway from the flu or something else.  Many people have been reported dying from it - when in fact it was only that at some time in the past they had had it. 

On the other hand, people are dying from the vaccination - and yet despite the fact they had it within 2 weeks, the governments are saying it is just coincidence. 

I expect the government wants people to get the jab and therefore to maximise people dying from Covid even when they are not and minimise deaths when related to the vaccine for policy reasons - but it is dishonest. And it feeds the conspiracy theories. 

I know several doctors who have made their own studies and are refusing to take the vaccine. They are not normay antivaccers. But they are very concerned about the vaccine. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Timid8967
Well, the major cause of vaccine deaths (clotting) has been identified.

And given the rapid rollout of vaccine that covid necessitated, the science was always going to be ongoing rather than pre-established.

So now, at risk people can be identified....And  early symptoms can also be identified and addressed quickly.

And G.P's (Doctors) as we refer to them over here, tend to have a general knowledge of medicine, and are unlikely to be experts in virology and vaccinology.

And conspiracy theorists require no feeding.

And certainly over here in the "West", there's a whole lot of people that expect to be nannied.

And for sure people die...It's the inevitability of life...If you make the wrong decision today, any day, it's curtains.

Is vaccination the right or wrong decision.....Statistically speaking probably the wiser decision for someone of my age.

Whereas Kids, can afford to be blase.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Whereas Kids, can afford to be blase.
Except blaze leads to more getting infected of any age ergo why we have had pandemic.

Because of Trumpet and his 74 million Trumpsters who have written on their foreheads, on their bibles, on the auto-dashboards, that;

1} vaccination conspiracy,

2} stolen election conspiracy, 

3} take away all guns conspiracy,

4} people of color written   threat to whites way of life conspiracy,

5} human induced, erratic climate change conspiracy,

6} all immigrants of color or non-christian are threat to USA whites and whites everywhere conspiracy,

7}  all the other conspiracies they believe in and I cant recall ex that that they are paranoid conspiracy.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@oromagi
 Yes I know that subtle, situational humour is not for everyone and actually people are not necessarily lining up to buy non essentials because those items won't scan at checkout. People spread out buying essentials and non essentials causes no more threat than massive lineups at the grocery stores.
 it's good to know that D. Ford is not making any money off of the business, or that there is no nepotism happening, I guess Fords increase in his worth is due to other factor and is just coincidental.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
 Yes I know that subtle, situational humour is not for everyone 
I asked what in your OP was meant to be humorous

people are not necessarily lining up to buy non essentials because those items won't scan at checkout.
triple negative- I'm lost.  But we can note that lining up at store, buying non-essentials, scanning at checkout for non-emergencies-all are examples of  deliberate bad hygiene during pandemic and quarantine.

People spread out buying essentials and non essentials causes no more threat than massive lineups at the grocery stores.
The quarantine said no non-essentials and definitely no massive lineups.  You are comparing apples to apples.

it's good to know that D. Ford is not making any money off of the business, or that there is no nepotism happening, I guess Fords increase in his worth is due to other factor and is just coincidental.
As I said, I'm prepared to believe Doug Ford is corrupt.  You made the claim.  If you want anybody to believe you, show some evidence.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@oromagi
You've missed the point 100%.
When God was handing out brains, the 74 million Trumpsters ---and their international counterparts---   thought God said trains, and that they did'nt need one.

Except for Trump himself, he heard clearly stated, however, he felt with a ego the size of King Kong,  he did not need a brain to rule the world, while holding a bible in one hand, the balls of the so called republicans ---women  republicans dont have balls, but they too thought God said trains---     in thee other hand, as he stood on his soap-box/lock-box with his taxes safely locked away inside.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
I like it.