The lack of people

Author: DebateArt.com

Total: 64
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
I've seen people complaining that we barely have any people here and that's true, but I wanted to point out some things nevertheless.

So first of all, the site has been in production for only 3 months and is still barely indexed by Google, hell if I know why, but it is what it is. Maybe because we don't have a mobile version but I am not sure. But despite that, I still have a few ideas how we could attract new blood here, but it needs to be understood that before it happens, we need to have all the required tools to prevent bad shit from happening and that's gonna take some time to implement and test them. There is simply no way to attract only smart and decent people; idiots, spammers, bots will follow anyway, so we need to be sure that we can contain them.

So the bottom line is that at this point, it's better to have 100 decent and smart people than 300 with 2/3 of those being trouble makers.

Once we have, among other things, some filtering mechanisms, like sandboxes for the new users or stuff like that, we'll let them flood in and cherry pick the good ones.
Castin
Castin
-->
@DebateArt.com
Duly noted. I'll endeavor to be patient.

When do the 100 decent and smart people show up? Will I be replaced with one of them?
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Castin
Hahaha, I am also waiting for them
Tyrone
Debates: 1
Tyrone
-->
@DebateArt.com
Right now we have like 10 users, with 2/3 of them being trouble-makers.
Tyrone
Tyrone
-->
@DebateArt.com
Removing Bsh1 as mod would increase the number of users substantially.
Tyrone
Tyrone
-->
@DebateArt.com
Appoint TheHammer as Bsh1's replacement. He would make an excellent mod.
ethang5
ethang5
I've been tracking traffic in the site, and it has increased slightly. Keep in mind that traffic is not the same as number of users. I think traffic is more important for growth than number of members.

All in all, the site is doing fine Mike. You just keep on track and we will stay with you.

Note to members. Do a search for debate art.com on google each day. Google uses number of searches to rank sites. Our searches will be from wide IP geographic locations. It's not much, but every little bit helps.
Castin
Castin
-->
@ethang5
Thanks for the tip. I'll do that.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@ethang5
Yeah, you are absolutely right, it has increased but only slightly, just as you mentioned. And thank you!

Regarding the search optimization, I think at this point we can just wait, we have submitted around 1000+ links for the website but at this point only 300 have been indexed, so it's taking a while. 
1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
I think that the fact the site hasn't collapsed in userbase already means it will be fine in the long run.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
What do you by "hasn't collapsed in userbase" ?
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
He's being an optimistic pessimist.
1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
-->
@DebateArt.com
The number of users hasn't gone into decline since the post-DDO rush had mostly passed.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@1harderthanyouthink
Oh I see, thanks for explaining. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
No one is going go come here to debate with stupid topics standing and debate votes being deleted by a power hungry mod. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
There really is a problem with the voting moderation. One one debate, three votes were deleted by bsh1 from one side with the other mod dissenting. The odds of getting your vote deleted increases if you vote for the conservative position.

And guess who just became the top debater? Yep. bsh1. Isn't that convenient. Sometimes it seems bsh1 is working to roll back every advance Mike is working towards.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ethang5
All of my votes from Saturday were deleted yesterday and I was given a rules violation. Not to mention you loose the points. This place is worse the DDO. If that could be possible. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You think you should keep points to gain medals from fallacious votes?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@RationalMadman
Not liking my vote is not reason to remove it. Stupid morons are not running a debate site but a playground for immature douche bags. 

1811 days later

FLRW
FLRW

Do you think that Polytheist-Witch's last comment is why there are no women on this site?
Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
-->
@FLRW
Right now I think this site is 100% men.
sadolite
sadolite
I am traffic and say stuff     SQUIRREL!!
Castin
Castin
-->
@FLRW
Do you think that Polytheist-Witch's last comment is why there are no women on this site?
I mean from what I've seen this site is going to the trolls and the toxic partisans, so maybe it's just that women are less likely to be into that. Idk.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Castin
this site is going to the trolls and the toxic partisans
Its not my fault that I am capable of writing more bullshit than others can handle or read, let alone refute.

And even if they refute 10000 characters of my bullshit, I wont even read their refutations and I have another 100000 characters of bullshit ready for them.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Best.Korea
this site is going to the trolls and the toxic partisans
Its not my fault that I am capable of writing more bullshit than others can handle or read, let alone refute.

And even if they refute 10000 characters of my bullshit, I wont even read their refutations and I have another 100000 characters of bullshit ready for them.
Truly you are a repulsively talented victim in all this, bro. For real, for real.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Castin
Thanks, I try.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Do you think that Polytheist-Witch's last comment is why there are no women on this site?
No

The absence of women, simply suggests that this sort of entertainment is not attractive to women.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

OMG, are you saying women  in general are more intelligent than men?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

My wife agrees with you.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
@FLRW
Men are pushers, women are attractors....... Bucky Fuller.

*Men* fry, women cry........unknown.....*outbursts of violence on others*

..." Using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) in a copying task, the present study examined the neural basis of sex differences in handwriting in 53 healthy adults (ages 19–28, 27 males). Compared to females, males showed increased activation in the left posterior middle frontal gyrus (Exner's area), a region thought to support the conversion between orthographic and graphomotor codes. Functional connectivity between Exner's area and the right cerebellum was greater in males than in females."...

In lab studies with series of questions, women tend to have more bilateral stimulation in both hemi-spheres

..."The two hemispheres of a woman’s brain talk to each other more than a man’s do. In a 2014 study, University of Pennsylvania researchers imaged the brains of 428 male and 521 female youths — an uncharacteristically huge sample — and found that the females’ brains consistently showed more strongly coordinated activity between hemispheres, while the males’ brain activity was more tightly coordinated within local brain regions. This finding, a confirmation of results in smaller studies published earlier, tracks closely with others’ observations that the corpus callosum-— the white-matter cable that crosses and connects the hemispheres — is bigger in women than in men and that women’s brains tend to be more bilaterally symmetrical than men’s."...

..." The study also rebuts a longstanding view that men's brains are more lateralized, meaning each hemisphere acts independently, whereas women's two hemispheres are said to be better connected and to operate more in sync with each other. Such a difference could make males more vulnerable to disability following brain injury such as stroke. Here again, the consensus of many studies shows that the difference is extremely small, accounting for even less than 1% of the range of left-right connectivity across the population. This finding does agree with large datasets that have found no gender difference in aphasia, or the loss of language, following a stroke in the left hemisphere, contrary to long belief."..