How to end single motherhood

Author: TheUnderdog

Total: 96
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
Screen-Shot-2018-11-13-at-10.34.52-AM.png (1382×1092) (whyy.org) states that the single motherhood rates are basically at all time highs for all races.  This site also states that blacks and Hispanics are more likely to end up in single motherhood homes than whites.  This partially explains why blacks and Hispanics are more likely to end up in prison and why they are more likely to end up in poverty than whites. 

This isn't due to a racist police force that has as many minorities as a proportion of its population as the US population.  The lurking variable that many of our left leaning friends and family members fail to realize is the single motherhood epidemic that effects blacks and Hispanics more than it does whites.  Why this is the case is anyone's guess, but deadbeat African American dads not honoring their parental responsibilities is certainly not due to the perceived racism of society.

So this brings us to the question, how to reduce single motherhood so less people go to jail and less kids grow up in poverty.  My idea is to punish deadbeat parents for abandoning their parental responsibilities.

This consists of deadbeat dads getting a mandatory vastectomy and deadbeat moms getting their tubes tied.  The funds for this are paid for by the government and intended to be a deterrence to people to not abandon their parental responsibilities in order to provide their kids with hopefully a better life than they had.  If you abandon your parenting responsibilities once, you easily could do it again. 

This idea and deterrence reduces the foster kid count in addition to reducing the poverty and incarceration rate in the long term as anyone unwilling to get a vastectomy or their tubes tied would suck up the parenting responsibilities that they owe to their kids.  If they have to set their kids up for adoption, this is fine if they get their tubes tied or a vastectomy before they set their kids up for adoption or decide to be a deadbeat parent.  Otherwise, you might make the same mistake again.  This also helps reduce overpopulation.

This idea also allows very horny people to get sterilized, and then have all the sex they want without the fear of becoming a parent.

I fail to see the problem with this idea.  It reduces long term poverty rates, incarceration rates, foster kid rates, it reduces overpopulation, it reduces the welfare state, and it allows horny players to get all the consensual sex they can get without fearing being a parent.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
It's terrible. You switch your cause and effect to start with. 

Your cause and effect is as follows 

Cause deadbeat parents

Effect high incarceration rate

We can look at number of women to men in some poor black communities and also there are studies done on communities where large numbers of men migrate away for better work or war and see that what happens in circumstances of mass migration, and it has similar effects to those communities as it does on black communities facing high incarceration rates. 

The real cause and effect should look like this

Effect deadbeat parents

Cause high incarceration rates.

There is a type of cyclical effect where both can feed into each other, but the bulk of the blame is high rates of incarceration.  

The factors around that are up for debate, but I have my theories. 

While sterilizing large numbers of poor black people like you suggest, may put a dent in this pattern, it does little to address the underlying causes, and is a disgusting suggestion. 

This is an example of elitist ivory tower thinking that really causes divide among people, shows a misunderstanding of poverty and the typical "I'm better than poor people" mentality that afflicts liberals who pander to them in demeaning ways and conservatives who put more value on their own work ethic for their success than is merited.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Wylted
The factors around that are up for debate, but I have my theories. 
Oh, do tell
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Wylted
@TheUnderdog
Lmfao, did I just witness "the libertarian case for government-mandated sterilization"?
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@TheUnderdog
I'd rather just encourage people into traditional marriage and morals,
Though not 'force them into it.
Just encourage them to form a deep partnership with another, to be kind, aware.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Single mothers are awarded all sorts of rewards.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
All  mothers are single.

What you are referring to is the old established socioeconomic concepts of right and proper.

You old right winger you.

Build some internment camps and get some good ole, well armed,  incestuous, backwoods militia boys to keep the depraved  bastards in and sterilize them....LOL.

And give the boys a banjo.

And where is your evidence that "horny players" fear parenthood.

TheUnderog for President, 

A GOD help us.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bmdrocks21
Thomas Sowell covers it in black rednecks and white liberals. 

Black criminality can be linked to surviving remnants of hillbilly culture, largely eradicated in whites. It survives now, only because liberal policies have protected hillbilly culture from facing the natural consequences in the black population, that has already eradicated it in whitrs
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Wylted
He thinks it is hillbilly culture? I guess I’d have to know what he considers a hillbilly
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Single mothers are awarded all sorts of reward
The biggest reward isn’t even monetary: being called a queen on Twitter 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
That's because every woman is genetically designed to seek validation. It's completely instinctual and one of the ways she seeks an alpha mate.

If she is validated by a beta mate, she leaves for an alpha one.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Most of the validation comes from other women 😅

Even betas tend to stay away from single mothers. They just simp for girls way out of their league that they pretend are single
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bmdrocks21
Hill people. Like the hatfields and mcCoys. It can be traced back to Europe. Generally very proud people, and kinda self destructive. Some hillbilly culture remains and is why the appalachians has a lot of poverty and criminality. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Wylted
Some hillbilly culture remains and is why the appalachians has a lot of poverty and criminality. 
They are quite poor up in Appalachia, but oddly enough, their levels of criminality were lower than the national average last time I checked. Poverty might be because of the hillbilli-ness, but at the same time, no politician seems to give enough of a damn about them to do anything about it, either.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@bmdrocks21
There needs to be an incentive for parents to not be deadbeat parents.  My profile page says I'm "Other" on political ideology.  I don't want to pay for the welfare of single moms so single motherhood should try and be reduced.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@zedvictor4
And where is your evidence that "horny players" fear parenthood.
Deadbeat parents ditch their spouses after realizing they are pregnant.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheUnderdog
I think bringing back fault divorce and reducing incentives for unmarried parents is much more ethical than sterilizing people by force lol

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@bmdrocks21
What's " fault divorce"?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheUnderdog
parenthood.
Have you ever heard of one night stands?
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@TheUnderdog
Does that make you pro-choice, even in cases where the government would subsidize, pro-comprehensive sex ed in public schools, and ready access to birth control methods like IUD's, also potentially subsidized by the government based on the individual's economic situation? 

I don't want to pay for the welfare of single moms so single motherhood should try and be reduced.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheUnderdog
Fault divorce is where you need an actual reason to get a divorce, like your spouse having an affair or committing a felony.

We have no-fault divorce where you can get divorced without any real reason other than feeling like it.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Wylted
Yes and I think the people who do one night stands are taking a risk they shouldn't take unless they use at least collectively 99.9% effective contraception.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ludofl3x
Does that make you pro-choice, even in cases where the government would subsidize, pro-comprehensive sex ed in public schools, and ready access to birth control methods like IUD's, also potentially subsidized by the government based on the individual's economic situation? 
This is a 2 part question.

The first part (contraception): I support free contraception as the best way to reduce abortions, unintended pregnencies, STIs, and is much cheaper than putting families and children on welfare.

The 2nd part (abortion): I do not support the legalization of abortion not because it is the killing of an unborn baby, but instead because it is someone abandoning their parental responsibilities.  The punishment for abandoning parenting responsibilities whether through abortion, setting your kid up for adoption, or being a deadbeat parent should be sterilization to prevent it from happening again.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@bmdrocks21
If there are no kids in the family, then you should be allowed to divorce for whatever reason you want.

Fault divorce could lead to parents abusing the kid or treating the kid poorly if they can't divorce out of will.  Then the kid would get set up for adoption anyway and now they may have PTSD from the abuse.  With no fault divorce, you ditch the kid, but at least the kid isn't abused.  But ditching your kid is bad enough so you should face punishment for it.

If your spouse commits a felony like murder or rape, they belong in jail and sterilization would be a given in addition to life imprisonment.  Spouses that commit adultury in order to prevent it from happening again should go to 20 hours of therapy.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheUnderdog
Yes and I think the people who do one night stands are taking a risk they shouldn't take unless they use at least collectively 99.9% effective contraception
I think you forgot your own premise, which is why you gave this irrelevant answer. I'll remind you.

The premise is that black people (let's be honest about who you are referring to here) . Leave women they get pregnant. You are not considering that a lot of people have one night stands, or are just fuck buddies. It's not so much leaving, as never being committed to start with.

Drop your premise or defend it. Ignoring your own premise for your argument just shows you are trying to rationalize your beliefs instead of base theming logic

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Wylted
The premise is that black people (let's be honest about who you are referring to here) . Leave women they get pregnant. You are not considering that a lot of people have one night stands, or are just fuck buddies. It's not so much leaving, as never being committed to start with.
I wasn't referring to any particular race; there are deadbeat black liberals, there are deadbeat white West Virginian conservatives.  But people shouldn't do one night stands and if someone gets pregnant, it's their responsibility.  If you ditch your pregnant girlfriend, your a deadbeat.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheUnderdog
Then the kid would get set up for adoption anyway and now they may have PTSD from the abuse.  With no fault divorce, you ditch the kid, but at least the kid isn't abused.  But ditching your kid is bad enough so you should face punishment for it.
Growing up in a single parent household itself is abuse. Simply look at their life outcomes

TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@bmdrocks21
Growing up in a single parent household itself is abuse.
True, but growing up in a single motherhood home is not as bad as getting beat up or raped by your father, that father being taken away from his kids as a result(even though its the lesser of 2 evils), and then growing up in a single motherhood home from the PTSD that easily could have developed.

There needs to be a punishment for people that ditch their parental responsibilities.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@TheUnderdog
There you go wit HB the word girlfriend again. Implying men are ditching women after they get pregnant and not acknowledging that casual sex exists. Is it really ditching my child, if I knocked up some hooker last week?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@Wylted
Implying men are ditching women after they get pregnant and not acknowledging that casual sex exists
Casual sex exists, but it can lead to pregnency unless contraception is taken.  But if a female gets pregnant from casual sex, then the guy shouldn't be allowed to ditch her under the punishment of sterilization.  He'd be a deadbeat dad at that point.