Author: bronskibeat

Total: 63
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@K_Michael
--> @Shila
Calling DArt a haven implies that there is a larger concentration of stupid people here than the general population. As someone who has worked in retail and is currently attending college, I can assure you that there is plenty of stupid to go around. DArt is possibly more vocal about its beliefs, but is decidedly not less stupid.
Now you find stupid people in retail and currently attending college. Are you a magnet for stupid people?

K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@Shila
Are you a magnet for stupid people?
I don't think so, but feel free to let me know if you find out anything on the matter.
Shila
Shila
-->
@K_Michael
-> @Shila
Are you a magnet for stupid people?
I don't think so, but feel free to let me know if you find out anything on the matter.
Most of your exchanges are with Polytheist _Witch. That  makes you a magnet for stupid bitches.

K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@Shila
Most of your exchanges are with Polytheist _Witch.
Unfortunately, most of my exchanges are with YOU. So your magnet theory has some validity after all.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Shila
Well they can't seem to shake you.
Shila
Shila
-->
@K_Michael
Most of your exchanges are with Polytheist _Witch. That  makes you a magnet for stupid bitches.
--> @Shila
Most of your exchanges are with Polytheist _Witch.
Unfortunately, most of my exchanges are with YOU. So your magnet theory has some validity after all.
So you agree my magnet theory has some validity but unfortunately your exchanges are not with Polytheist _Witch in which case it would be true.
cristo71
cristo71
Frank Sinatra
Miles Davis
Elvis
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
U2
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Nirvana

I kid; I kid…

Taking all time great talent and calling it overrated is simplistic and isn’t a value add. Overrated lists are overrated. I probably only read them to be either scandalized or to find a kindred spirit (less likely). Actually identifying artists which are underrated takes real knowledge, taste, and insight.

Shila
Shila
-->
@cristo71
Frank Sinatra
Miles Davis
Elvis
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
U2
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Nirvana

I kid; I kid…

Taking all time great talent and calling it overrated is simplistic and isn’t a value add. Overrated lists are overrated. I probably only read them to be either scandalized or to find a kindred spirit (less likely). Actually identifying artists which are underrated takes real knowledge, taste, and insight.
Great list. Approved!!

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Shila
What artists do you believe are “properly rated”?
Shila
Shila
-->
@cristo71
--> @Shila
What artists do you believe are “properly rated”?
Too many categories to go through. Rock, soul, pop, disco, soloist, classics etc. Sorry!!

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Shila
Let’s keep it simple and say Rock/Pop
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Athias
Geez man you practically listed everybody, your better off saying the artists you do like instead.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Tarik
Geez man you practically listed everybody, your better off saying the artists you do like instead.
Trust me, I could've listed more. It would actually take me a lot longer to list the artists I do like.

Shila
Shila
-->
@cristo71
--> @Shila
Let’s keep it simple and say Rock/Pop
That’s fine with me.

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Shila
Ok so, what artists do you believe are “properly rated” in the Pop/Rock genre?

Shila
Shila
-->
@cristo71
-->
@Shila
Ok so, what artists do you believe are “properly rated” in the Pop/Rock genre?

Maroon 5, Bon Jovi, OneRepublic, Daughtry, Billy Joel, Elton John, Rod Stewart, and the Beatles.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Shila
Cool! So, you don’t think The Beatles are overrated? I thought you did, as they were on my (joke) overrated list in post 37 which you agreed with…

Shila
Shila
-->
@cristo71
--> @Shila
Cool! So, you don’t think The Beatles are overrated? I thought you did, as they were on my (joke) overrated list in post 37 which you agreed with…
That was your list that you claimed were overrated. I was still working on mine. But the Beatles were a phenomena that started the music industry and deserved much credit.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
The Beatles are overrated because their songs were basically boy band songs they were bubblegum pop. You might be able to give them some credit on their later stuff that doesn't mean they're not good musicians. Ringo Starr is a great drummer and he still does really good music. George Harrison was probably the most talented of the band even though John Lennon gets all the credit. Lennon was a dick. I can't stand him or his music and I think Paul McCartney lucked out. He's a s***** bass player and he writes s***** music. 
Shila
Shila
The Beatles – The Best Band in History

Beatles are simply the greatest band ever.
  1. During the week of April 4, 1964, The Beatles occupied the top five positions on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart (12 in the Hot 100), the top 2 positions on the albums chart, the no. 1 position in the British singles chart, the first two positions in the British albums chart and the no. 1 position in the British EP chart, – the most complete domination of the British and American charts in history. Today, you’re lucky to have one top 10 album and single at the same time.
  2. To date, the Beatles have sold over 1 billion records. That’s billion, with a B.
  3. They have the most no. 1 albums in the British album charts (15), and 17 No. 1 hits.
  4. They hold the record for the group with the longest span between no. 1 albums in the Billboard albums chart (36 years and 51 weeks, 1964 to 2001). In 2000 – 20 years after John Lennon was killed and 30 years after they broke up, their second major greatest hits compilation, 1, spent eight weeks at no. 1 and sold 13 million copies in its first month of release.
  5. They boast 20 No. 1 hits in the United States, (19 No. 1 albums), with 24 consecutive Top 10 hits from 1964 to 1976 (six years after they broke up), a record for a group. They also have 12 no. 1 hits in Germany, 23 in Australia, 21 in the Netherlands, 22 in Canada, and 13 in Malaysia.
  6. According to the United World Chart, the Beatles have 16 of the 100 most successful tracks of all time, and also seven of the 100 most successful albums in history.
  7. The Beatles recorded four of the Top 10 Greatest Albums of All Time, according to Rolling Stonemagazine, and three of the Top Five. (I’ll ignore the fact that Abbey Road was only No. 14. Blasphemy.)
  8. They were ground-breaking pioneers almost from the beginning, being the first group ever to employ feedback in 1964’s “I Feel Fine.” One of their first hits, “A Hard Day’s Night,” features an opening chord so revolutionary that it took almost 45 years for someone to figure out how they played it. 1964’s “I Feel Fine” featured the first use of guitar feedback in a song.
  9. 1965’s Rubber Soul and the follow-up, Revolver, saw more innovation, from the use of a sitar in “Norwegian Wood” to tape loops in “Tomorrow Never Knows.” Then there are the backward vocals in “Rain” (a first) and a Moog synthesizer on several songs on 1969’s Abbey Road.
  10. Sgt&tag=hooksandhar07-20″>Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Heart’s Club Band is arguably the greatest album ever made (indeed, it topped Rolling Stone‘s list). While it doesn’t have the strongest material, the album was a landmark in recording. It popularized the concept album — something that would serve as an inspiration to The Who and Pink Floyd.
  11. “A Day in the Life” from Sgt. Pepper may have been the crowning achievement of the group – a five-and-a half-minute song composed of two suites – one by Lennon, one by Paul McCartney – that are totally different in sound and texture, yet complement each other perfectly. The song features two cacophonous crescendos from an orchestra, the final one climaxing in a single E major piano chord that lasts 42 seconds.
  12. One may not like songs such as “Yesterday” and “Hey Jude,” but they are unrivaled in their popularity, and the melodies are unforgettable.
  13. McCartney actually dreamed the tune to “Yesterday.”
  14. “Helter Skelter” and “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)” are considered two of the first heavy metal songs.
  15. They have 23 of the Top 500 songs of all time, again according to Rolling Stone – the most of any artist.
  16. Their third-best songwriter – George Harrison – wrote a song, “Something,” that Frank Sinatra called his favorite Lennon & McCarney song. After recording that gem, he then went on to create a memorable triple album as his first solo release.
  17. According to stacker.com, 21 of the top 50 most covered songs of all time are Beatles songs.
  18. Their iconic No. 1 singles notwithstanding (“Love Me Do”, “From Me to You”, “She Loves You”, “I Want to Hold Your Hand”, “Can’t Buy Me Love”, “A Hard Day’s Night”, “I Feel Fine”, “Eight Days a Week”, “Ticket to Ride”, “Help!”, “Yesterday”, “Day Tripper”, “We Can Work It Out”, “Paperback Writer”, “Yellow Submarine”, “Eleanor Rigby”, “Penny Lane”, “All You Need Is Love”, “Hello, Goodbye”, “Lady Madonna”, “Hey Jude”, “Get Back”, “The Ballad of John and Yoko”, “Something”, “Come Together”, “Let It Be” and “The Long and Winding Road”), some of their best songs weren’t even on any singles or B-sides: “I Should Have Known Better,” “You Won’t See Me,” “For No One,” “Across the Universe,” “Two of Us,” “Dear Prudence,” and “Because” are all just album filler.
  19. They revolutionized the science of recording, using multiple tracks instead of playing live. Producer George Martin used varying tape speeds to make Lennon’s voice sound high (“Tomorrow Never Knows”) and slow (“Strawberry Fields Forever”); he also brought in string musicians to accompany certain songs (“Yesterday”). In another session, McCartney utilized bass drums halfway down a corridor to achieve a staccato sound in “Mother Nature’s Son.”
  20. In an age where other people wrote songs for the flavor of the day – think the Brill Building songwriters doing all the work for the Shangri-Las and the Dixie Cups – The Beatles surprised everyone by penning their own hits from the beginning. As a result, they helped usher the singer-songwriter movement that popularized the late 1960s.
  21. The medley on Side B of Abbey Road.
  22. Their ability to cross over from media and teen idols to musical innovators is one-of-a-kind. Their chart success and initial popularity are unparalleled; but despite their initial fame, they managed to continue to improve throughout their career.
  23. The group’s song “Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da” has been christened the “perfect pop song,” according to scientists at the Max Planck Institute in Germany.
  24. Their place in popular culture is unrivaled – Their movies, their appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show (in which they played to 74 million people), the “bigger than Jesus” comment, the refusal to play in concert after 1966, the Maharishi, the painstaking production work, the beginnings of the drug culture and LSD fad, “Helter Skelter” and Charles Manson, the “Paul is Dead” phenomenon, Yoko Ono, the rooftop concert, the cover of Abbey Roadthe subsequent solo years, and the hit singles created from rough demos of the late Lennon.
  25. They accomplished all this in just seven years.

12 days later

Stephen
Stephen

@the witch.

Paul McCartney without the other three he sucks.

John Lennon, just like you, was a hypocrite of double standards.

A multi millionaire sings songs about working class hero's.

♫A working-class hero is something to be♫

♫if you want to be a hero then just follow me♫ JL

If it wasn't for meeting Bob Dylan, they would have still been writing pop song for schoolgirls. 

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen

@the witch.

Paul McCartney without the other three he sucks.

John Lennon, just like you, was a hypocrite of double standards.

A multi millionaire sings songs about working class hero's.

♫A working-class hero is something to be♫

♫if you want to be a hero then just follow me♫ JL

If it wasn't for meeting Bob Dylan, they would have still been writing pop song for schoolgirls. 
The Beatles didn’t start out as millionaires. Success made them millionaires. But that did not change their talent for making music.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
The Beatles didn’t start out as millionaires. Success made them millionaires. But that did not change their talent for making music.

The only working class of the four was Richard Starkey aka Ringo. He came from the Liverpool slums and lived in squalid a back -to - back house.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
--> @Shila

The only working class of the four was Richard Starkey aka Ringo. He came from the Liverpool slums and lived in squalid a back -to - back house
Knocking on doors looking for work might have contributed to his talent as a drummer.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
😊......................................................................
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
--> @Shila
😊......................................................................
Is that your idea or artistry?

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Mull of Kintyre hey.

And Linda played the keyboards and made the veggie burgers.

And your mum got all slushy when she heard the bagpipes.

Oh, mist rolling in from the sea.

And then there was the one-legged woman.
Shila
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4
--> @Stephen
Mull of Kintyre hey.

Disappointing.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
Yes, it was a very disappointing song.

The veggie burgers were a bit chaffy, but OK with plenty of onions and ketchup.

And the one-legged woman certainly disappointed Paul.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
Mull of Kintyre hey.

♫Someone's knocking at the door♫
♫ do me a favour, open the door, an le-rem-in,  oh yeh yeh yeh♫