Or Democrats, Republicans, and Whigs,
Why not human ethnicities?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Lemming
Why not human ethnicities?
Sure, but there are no objective ethnicities. If you asked any 2 random American citizens what it means to be American, you will never get identical answers.

Ever.

There are objective Nations and objective tribes, but never objective ethnicities.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Greyparrot
Well, I 'already call myself a moral nihilist, subjective 'works too?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
You mean race is an arbitrary bullshit term you can slap on anyone you don't like. Sure.
Correct, which is what makes racism so ridiculous.

There are no objective races, so there are no objective racists.
Kind of strange that someone who claims to not be a racist looks for ways to excuse racism.

Racism has a definition. If you meet that definition then you are a racist. Definitions themselves are not objective, so this is a stupid argument.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Racism has a definition.

So does the word asshole, but no 2 people can objectively agree who is an asshole.

If there are no objective races, there can be no objective consensus. The only way you could possibly claim objectively say a person is a racist EVER is if the person themselves says the exact words "I am a racist'...and even then you could say the person is delusional for believing objective genetic races exist.

Otherwise it's just endless occurrences of opinions and assholes which everyone objectively has.

We already have a definition for describing someone objectively who dislikes an aspect of a culture. That word is bigot.

You don't need to invent a new word that means nothing objectively. If everyone is a or can be a racist arbitrarily, then no one person is uniquely a racist objectively.

We already have a definition for describing someone objectively who dislikes an aspect of a culture. That word is bigot.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
no he isnt and im sick of this 'CONSERVATIVE" rhetoric about it
Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You reckon he's not racist? 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Bones
no,
Bones
Bones
-->
@Dr.Franklin

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Bones
im kinda tired of the democrats are the reeeel racists rhetoric
Bones
Bones
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Watch the vid, Joe's a pretty racist guy. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Bones
ok great
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Down to the bottom, (probably)everyone is a racist. I am one too, and don't try to deny that unless you have extremely sufficient proof to provide that you have the knowledge of the ways of every single tribe in the world so that you can treat everyone with the equal amount of happiness no matter what. OK, maybe not a racist, but it is culture-wise. 

Although I can be sure I would grant amounting happiness of local customers, I simply do not have a Bible, or a Quran, or incense in my home. No matter what, chances are that I will always misinterpret something from an ethnicity that I don't know a lot of and will probably mistreat them due to a lack of general understanding of their routines, unless I take the time learning them, which, I don't want to put up most of my time learning, because I would want to be an automotive engineer more than a linguist and a sociologist.

The real thing to ask is: Is your racism/culturism slight enough that it could be well-understood by basically all people? The answer is Yes for Martin Luther King, we can't be sure he could bring the same amount of happiness to White Americans or people who don't understand any English at all compared to Black Americans, but his contributions towards anti-racism would make it so that people would focus more on the fact that he could help you than that you would probably be treated with less happiness than other people.

And Vice versa, the answer is no for Hitler and the KKK.

We should work towards that so our racism/culturism is negligible in the daily life, and learning about different cultures is very important to do such a thing, especially cultures that you could touch on. You may not appease a person the same way and the same value to another person of another group, but you can try to not treat them differently. This is what Martin Luther King succeeded in doing, and what the KKK always failed to do.
Bones
Bones
-->
@Dr.Franklin
ok great
What a rebuttal. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Yep...Always my line.

Everyone discriminates internally.

Learning to not discriminate externally is the best we can do.

That is to say, respond to everyone in the same way, even though we perceive them differently.

Conway
Debates: 0
Conway
-->
@Greyparrot

If you asked any 2 random American citizens what it means to be American, you will never get identical answer.
America is the antithesis of an ethno-state.  There are aspects of some cultures which may happen to reside uniquely in America, but there is no such thing as American culture.  One thing that Americans can agree on is that it's supposed to be a free country.  Taking that to it's logical conclusion, there would be minimal impression of one culture being enforced at the national level onto another assuming the checks and balances of government are working correctly.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Conway
One thing that Americans can agree on is that it's supposed to be a free country.
Most of what I hear is America is a backwards nation built on slavery and needs to be rebuilt as a Marxist nation. Most Americans don't believe America stands for freedom anymore.

The few people that believe in your assertion are usually immigrants from countries that are actually totalitarian.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Intelligence_06
Are you absolutely sure you are not conflating the word bigot with racist? Because those 2 words are extremely different with 2 very different premises. One has to do with culture and behavior and the other has to do with constructs based on genetics and skin color. Since scientists have known for over 50 years, and anyone with a high school education should know without hesitation that skin color isn't an indicator of one's genetics, you have to pity the few retards that are actual racists.

but you can try to not treat them differently.
MLK said you should absolutely judge a person by the content of their character and behavior. MLK was a bigot, but not a racist, like most of us.

Some cultures have absolutely toxic aspects. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Double_R
Racism has a definition. If you meet that definition then you are a racist. Definitions themselves are not objective, so this is a stupid argument.

Some want to offer a few related truths, ---one the human race--   in hopes others will not see the 2000 years of  racism and white priviledge in USA or any sub-catagorization of the set, human race.

Why do they avoid or deny racism and white privilege can vary for different people, so  what we what  to whinnow-out the common reason.

I think it has to do whether their self image of themselves ergo their ego gets in the way the truths they want to avoid { not hear } deny { protect the ego at all costs }.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Bones
calling joe biden racist is never going to work for conservatives
Bones
Bones
-->
@Dr.Franklin
This isn’t about being conservative. He is racist and has said racist things period.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Bones
okie dokie
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Bones
Everyone discriminates Bonesy.

I keep telling you.

You discriminate against Joe Biden for starters, as well as 101 other things probably.

Data in, data assessment, reach a conclusion....It's an unavoidable process.

Racism has a tendency to be just a media inspired super-discrimination relative to a perceivable difference in skin tone....Not specifically about race at all.

Human Race......What other race is there?

Martian Race.....Little Green Bastards.
Bones
Bones
-->
@zedvictor4
You discriminate against Joe Biden for starters,
There's a difference between discriminating and pointing at facts. Calling a racist a racist is not discrimination. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Bones
Discrimination is an unavoidable, internal data management process.

How different is Joe Biden to any other 78 year old American Caucasian?

Yet you choose to discriminate here on Debateart.
Bones
Bones
-->
@zedvictor4

Yet you choose to discriminate here on Debateart.
Who are you referring to, and in what instance did I discriminate them. Remember, there is a difference between actively discriminating against someone, and retaliating after being insulted. 

The (fallacious) tu quoque argument follows the following template.
p1. Person A claims that statement X is true.
p2. Person B asserts that A's actions or past claims are inconsistent with the truth of claim X.
c1. Therefore, X is false.

Obviously, my past actions do not negate the present point that I am making.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Human Race......What other race is there?

Zed, there exist sub-catagories of any topic and race is not excluded, except by those who are in deny of white priviledge in USA for last 200 hundred years.  Or others no on my radar currently.

I can trace some of my genetics to 0.4% Congolese.  Many people finding out they genetics from African countries and especially those who have ancestors from the southern USA.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
For sure, we find it necessary to sub-categorise...Academically discriminate, as it were.

And "white privilege" without a doubt....Social evolution as it were..

Trouble is, we expect established data to modify at the click of our fingers, and it just doesn't happen.

We have too much of a tendency to dwell in the past.....One of the drawbacks of memory and recall.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
We have too much of a tendency to dwell in the past.....One of the drawbacks of memory and recall.
Agree with the above.  However, being black while driving walking etc is more of consideration than being white while driving, walking etc and that is current situation in USA, to whatever degree, in what ever neighbor hoods etc.

One of the earliest ones I remmeber beign obvious was man wearing a hoodie in nice neighbor hood in Altanta gettting shot dead.  I think his name was Jamal.

It was after that we started seeing those police abuse being reported more frequently.

If you and I are not black, then we have not walked a mile  ---much less--- in their shoes.  { old indian saying }

Conway
Conway
-->
@ebuc
One of the earliest ones I remember being obvious was man wearing a hoodie in nice neighbor hood in Altanta gettting shot dead.  I think his name was Jamal.
How long ago would you say that was?