Who is your ideal mod team?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 51
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Cliques aren't something we can avoid, let's stop pretending there aren't any. Represent yourself or your clique (or both if you see it that way) by suggesting your ideal Mod team as is.

Bsh1 should be a mod. This is why I 'disagree'.

This team is optimal:

HM Virtuoso
DM/VM Bsh1
Castin (forums) Tejretics (votes)

This team is beyond optimal:

HM RM
DM/VM Virtuoso
M Those 3.
- Me
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I also bump
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
As long as virtuoso is head moderator I am happy. Cerainly the other names mentioned with the exception of RM would be good as back ups, but no better option for lead moderator other than virtuoso exists on this site.
Tyrone
Debates: 1
Tyrone
Head moderator: Logical-Master. 

Because I trust him to only act when absolutely necessary. I don't really care who he appoints to assist him. He probably won't require that much assistance, given the minimal workload involved in a truly laissez-faire moderation style.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I also trust logical master.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Logical-Master
Input?
Tyrone
Tyrone
I'm guessing he doesn't have the time to actually do it.
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
Logical, drafter, wylted would be good. I don't know a lot about virt, but if he learns from bsh's mistakes then that would be fine. Castin probably has a good enough sense of humor to not overmoderate the forums. I think that Tej would also be more lax on vote moderation, but I know that he has time constraints.
Logical-Master
Debates: 6
Logical-Master
-->
@RationalMadman
@Wylted
@ResurgetExFavilla
@Tyrone
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I'd be a very sporadic mod due to my workload. And although I think modding only when clearly necessary is the most effective way to mod, I can't say I'd always be available in those instances of necessity.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Logical-Master
What is your ideal team?
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
Come on. Do you seriously want a forum mod whose first instinct when she reads troll flamewars is to laugh her ass off? I even laughed involuntarily at that racist video that was recently deleted, I'm a horrible horrible person.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin
Unironically yes.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
I don't know or care about a video tyrone posts. I don't care that you laugh and enjoy things like that. I know for a fact that your loathing of the fact you laugh at it is itself the beauty of your character.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin
You have to realize that the reason that you and every other human being with any sort of soul laughed at that video was because it was funny. An obviously white guy putting black crap on his face and acting as if he is black, even going so far as to act as if he's proven his point and calling his critics 'racists' is funny because it's farce. Reacting with laughter to absurdity, overconfidence, and delusion is just the natural human reaction to something like this; it's not funny because it's 'racist'. It isn't even 'racist'. The point of the video, and the reason behind its humor, is the overconfidence of the person in it. To get all 'snooty', the Greeks called this 'dramatic irony', because the audience is aware of something that the character isn't (namely, that no one in the audience is convinced that he's black), and so an emotional response is provoked (humor).

Only miserable people who want others to share in their misery can suppress that simple, organic reaction and replace it with this bizarre, mechanistic bitterness. They're the spiritual version of a neurotic who dissects every flower that he comes across, looking for some sort of disgusting bug, instead of just enjoying the scenery. Don't let these sad people convince you to feel shame for one of the few things that we shouldn't feel shameful about.
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
So it's okay for a person to show low character if they loathe their low character? I'm not sure I agree with that, man. Especially when said person is supposed to hold a position of responsibility.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
You may be irritating at times but you do have a way with words.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
You don't get it, both you laughing AND you hating it make you brilliant as a human being.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@RationalMadman
You can engrave that on my tombstone.
Castin
Castin
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
You have to realize that the reason that you and every other human being with any sort of soul laughed at that video was because it was funny. An obviously white guy putting black crap on his face and acting as if he is black, even going so far as to act as if he's proven his point and calling his critics 'racists' is funny because it's farce. Reacting with laughter to absurdity, overconfidence, and delusion is just the natural human reaction to something like this; it's not funny because it's 'racist'. It isn't even 'racist'. The point of the video, and the reason behind its humor, is the overconfidence of the person in it. To get all 'snooty', the Greeks called this 'dramatic irony', because the audience is aware of something that the character isn't (namely, that no one in the audience is convinced that he's black), and so an emotional response is provoked (humor).

Only bitter people who want others to share in their misery can suppress that simple, organic reaction and replace it with this bizarre, mechanistic bitterness. They're the spiritual version of a neurotic who dissects every flower that he comes across, looking for some sort of disgusting bug, instead of just enjoying the scenery.
That's not a bad dissection of the video and the reaction it elicited. But there are going to be people who -- quite understandably imo -- don't want to see their moderator laugh at blackface. In any context. A member can get away with that, but the person in charge is expected to take it seriously.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
No they aren't. What you DO to Tyrone while laughing at what he posted in spite of it, is the key.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin
No, they really aren't. Airmax had a great sense of humor, about everything, and people respected him infinitely more because of it. In fact, I will go out on a limb and say that it was actually the biggest key to his success. A leader who is unable to laugh/unwind and acts like they have a stick up their ass all the time is seen as fragile, emotional, and untrustworthy. One who can laugh about something that is objectively funny, can make a sensible decision to which they stick, and talks to the people whom they have power over in a natural, human matter will win trust. Nobody wants to be managed by an android.
Castin
Castin
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
I guess I may not have my finger on the pulse of the community on this one. But I still think that if a member reports an offense, and the moderator responds with laughter, it could well compound the offense -- even if the moderator banned the offender and was simply laughing while she did it. I can imagine people being like, "If you're harassed on DART, don't contact the mods. They'll just laugh in your face because it's all a big circle jerk there where everything is a sick joke, even harassment."
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Many, including me, did not like airmax's methods or personality at all.
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
No they aren't. What you DO to Tyrone while laughing at what he posted in spite of it, is the key.
Maybe. But I'm not interested in power and I think DART can do better.

Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
Many, including me, did not like airmax's methods or personality at all.
Ruling through power of personality has its weaknesses.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch

Yes. Let's put a bigot in charge
Goldtop
Goldtop
This team is beyond optimal:

HM RM
DM/VM Virtuoso
M Those 3.
Let me get this straight, the "RM" is you? As head moderator? That's a joke, right? You're doing nothing more than insulting the current mod team's intelligence and pretty much everyone else here.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Vaarka
The bird gang

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Who is the bigot?