Author: David

Archived
Read-only
Total: 34
David
Debates: 91
David
Greetings, everyone! 

It has been a great pleasure and honor to serve as the head moderator of DebateArt.com. I have been a moderator for almost 3 years. I decided that it was time for me to step down as head moderator. Over the past few months I’ve been taking a back seat as I am working on my bachelors degree. I will still be in on the mod team as an advisor and will still be on the site. 

Ragnar has also opted to step down. I appreciate the work he has done for the community. 

The new mod team will be 
Head mod: MisterChris
Deputy mod: SupaDudz
Vote mod: Whiteflame 

Over the past 3 years I have made many great friends and feel that I’ve grown as a person and as a debater. 

Thank you, DART for making this a great place. 

Peace and Service.

David 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
It has been a honor working alongside Ragnar and Virt/David over these 3 years. I am honored I was given the opportunity to become a Deputy Moderator alongside my fellow peers, whiteflame and MisterChris, both of which have moderation experience.

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Kind of interesting I guess...
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@David
@Barney
Thank y’all for your service
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
@MisterChris
Here’s to a new (hopefully more conservative) era.

Congrats!
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I know that both MisterChris and SupaDudz will do well in their positions. It's been a long time since I've been a vote mod, but I will endeavor to rise to the challenge.

Thank you to both David/Virtuoso and Ragnar. You guys have done a lot for the site, and knowing how busy each of you are elsewhere, it's quite the feat that you were able to persist for this long as moderators. We will continue to appreciate your advice and assistance in the future.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Hey all! I'm looking forward to serving as head moderator while continuing my debate journey. I'll make a slightly more formal statement once this transition is finalized, but for now just know that I genuinely care about DART and am going to do my utmost to keep this site safe, healthy, and enjoyable for all members.

Thanks to Ragnar and David for their dedication to the site, I wish them the best in their future endeavors.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@David
@Barney
Many thanks to Ragnar and to David for their service.  I hope this will translate into greater participation on the site.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Vader
@ILikePie5
@MisterChris
-->@MisterChris @SupaDudz
Here’s to a new (hopefully more conservative) era.

Congrats!
what would be the qualities and characteristics of a more conservatives website?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Not much to congratulate in my opinion, this move is definitely a positive thing for the website though, without a single doubt.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
what would be the qualities and characteristics of a more conservatives website?
Not banning Wylted for dumb reasons 😂
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@oromagi
The site is not gonna turn into a Parlor just because a more conservative moderation is coming into place. I will discuss more when I have some time home later today 

Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
-->
@David
@whiteflame
Sad to see you go. I’m not too active on this site, but you’ve done a splendid job. Good luck with your bachelor’s degree!

When I became this website’s (I think first?) vote mod briefly in 2018, I looked to Whiteflame’s incredible job moderating votes on DDO for a model to follow, and am so glad to see him back at the role on here. 
MarkWebberFan
MarkWebberFan
I enjoyed Ragnar's posts in the philosophy/religion section a while back. I don't know much about how moderators generally work; Im not familiar with their bans/reprimands. The site is pretty nice and calm (i.e. spamless etc) so I guess I should say thank you for your services. Also, congrats to the new mods.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Vader
The site is not gonna turn into a Parlor just because a more conservative moderation is coming into place. I will discuss more when I have some time home later today 
Good! I was hoping it would be more like Gab

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@David
@Barney
Don’t listen to RMM.

You guys made the site better. Hope to see you both more active if/when your schedules clear up!
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
why was wylted banned?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bmdrocks21
You are a person who unironically thinks Nixon was the best US president and that Fascism is morally good... So, forgive me for taking your stance as a compliment since you believe quite literally the opposite of truth regarding who is good vs bad at what they do.
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
While moderating this website gave me a chance to practice certain business skills, as I advance in the field it is now far too reminiscent of my current job.

That said, I do care about this place and the people therein. I'll still be around, and will be willing to help out here and there; but primarily as an adviser, rather than as a decision maker.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Many thanks to David, Ragnar, and MisterChris for your service; congratulations to MisterChris for your elevation to head mod, and to SupaDudz & whiteflame for your elevation to mods.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Barney
Your advice has always been and will always be valued. Thanks
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@David
Moderation is not supposed to be about pushing your ideology.  This should have happened the moment you realized you weren't man enough to separate your emotions from you duties.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
good luck to new mods
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@RatMan

Now, don't over do it Ratty.

Congratulating doubtless positivity......That just wouldn't do.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
RMM,

Considering a broken clock is right twice a day, that means there is a 1/43,200 chance you’re correct about them 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bmdrocks21
Lame insult tbh?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
If I'm a ratty and you keep chasing me around in every thread I'm in, I guess that makes you a pussy.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
*blocks people for disagreeing then calls them pussies*
🤔
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bmdrocks21
It's called a pun.

I never asked to be called 'ratty', I have explicitly made clear I don't consent to it, so here instead of crying about it I decided to make clear that if I'm a ratty and he's 'hunting me down' to toy with me, he's the pussy cat.