A Brief Greetings from the New Chief Moderator

Author: MisterChris

Total: 43
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Hello all! I'm thrilled to serve as the new chief moderator for DART!
Now, for a few announcements:

1. In an effort to make the system on DART more clearly reflect who is actually a mod and who isn't, I have spoken to all users that retain admin access in order to ascertain whether they would like to continue serving in an official capacity as mods or retire and relinquish their admin access. I have finished this process, and so I'd like to take this opportunity to announce the finalized mod team lineup under the new administration:

MisterChris, chief moderator
SupaDudz, deputy moderator

Speedrace, forum moderator

Whiteflame, vote moderator
Blamonkey, vote moderator

Ragnar, assistant moderator
David, assistant moderator

Deadfire27, discord moderator

Note the role "Assistant Moderator." This is a role I have created to take advantage of Ragnar and David's experience while accommodating their limited time. As the name suggests, the primary function of an Assistant Moderator is to help wherever it is most required. As such, this role will have the authority to handle forum posts, debate votes, and debate comments, but will likely not act unless the rest of the mod team is overwhelmed or inactive.

2. With this new transition is coming many exciting changes that I will hint at here, but will be proposed more fully in a MEEP down the line.
  • In an effort to promote consistent, fair and even-handed moderating practices across the board, the Standardized Policy Enforcement System (SPES for short) I am working on will completely overhaul and systematize banning practices by laying out specific ban times for specific offenses. Moderators will be required to uphold these standards across the board, except in certain freak scenarios that I shall specify.
  • Various updates to the information center
  • A more formal system & framework surrounding the idea of a DART President. The role would most likely serve as an elected advisor to the mod team and may have limited powers. (This idea is in its infant stages)
3. In keeping with tradition, the new mod team will adopt a "near blank slate" approach in dealing with the offenses of long-time users. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
All hail Mister Chris!
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Are any of you over 20?

LOL

Sorry that's just the vibe I get from all you guys. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
To go off MisterChris' post, I know most people know MisterChris' style of moderation. Most aren't familiar with how I moderate so I'll give some detail.

I am very lassiez-fair and lenient in most cases. I believe some rules of the Code of Conduct should be more heavily enforced as others, but I will not rush to suggest a ban for someone unless the infraction is severe enough to warrant it or the occurrence has happened multiple times when previously given an official warning. I believe any form of activity is beneficial to the site and bans should only be in place when someone is being extremely toxic to the point where the energy of the site is being pulled to them in a toxic manner.

I'm not a huge RO fan. I don't believe limiting people's freedom of speech is a correct answer to solve our problems and disputes. I've been vocal about this even before I was a mod

Permanent bans should never be swung for an one time offense except for doxxing. 

Overall, I don't think I am relatively strict and will not jump to give warnings for more pettier things, but that doesn't mean to push the boundaries of the CoC

Vader
Vader
-->
@janesix
Whiteflame is older than 20
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@janesix
I'm 35.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@whiteflame
I was only playing . And 35 is still a youngin to me :)
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@janesix
I'll take your word for it.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@MisterChris
Though MisterChris and I are nearly opposite on a lot of stuff, I still look forward to see what he'll do here - it's obvious to me that this position means a lot to him, and that he'll do his best to do what he believes to best benefit the site. Overall, I'm glad it's him in this position. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
What's a grief beating?
MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
Seems like a lot of work. Do mods get paid? That said, I think the notification system was helpful. Otherwise, I would've missed posts like this. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
3. In keeping with tradition, the new mod team will adopt a "near blank slate" approach in dealing with the offenses of long-time users. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Discord moderator? That is something new.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Intelligence_06
I used to be a Discord moderator back when it is was active
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Theweakeredge
I really appreciate that, seriously. I will do my best :)
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@MarkWebberFan
LOL I wish but we don't, it's a strange hobby of mine really. Hard to explain
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@MisterChris
All good fun.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
As one of the older members, I'm wondering why a few of the mods are so shy as to have several unknowns, or all unknowns, on your profiles. Hard to know and trust a cipher...

8 days later

Crocodile
Crocodile
good luck 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Vader
@MisterChris
i just have one question for you guys

would you rather spend a year in prison or be in prison until you solve the rubix cube?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Dr.Franklin
tough one. I know how to solve the white side of the rubik's cube, but none of the others... If we're assuming I can't ask others in the prison for help/can't consult any outside sources, I'd opt for the year. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@MisterChris
yeah I learned to solve one last year with the regular steps but i am VERY slow
coal
Debates: 6
coal
Add me as a moderator of coffee.  
Vader
Vader
-->
@coal
Favorite place to drink coffee?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
The current record is about 3.5 seconds....Quick hands Doc!

Back in the day (45 years ago) I could easily do it in less than a minute.

But I've long since forgotten the method.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Vader
Starbucks 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
The method you refer to will never work to achieve anything close to the record (even to do that way under a min takes a lot of physical dexterity).

The way the 3.5 seconder types achieve it is they firstly don't time their thinking time are using complex algorithms to work out the easiest way to solve it based on some types of configurations that the cube can be messed up with.

They train to both  spot which configuration it's been messed up into and to execute each solving pattern so much that both are in their muscle memory.

The method you're most likely referring to is a preset method that applies to all configurations and has extra steps vs what is truly optimal.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
would you rather spend a year in prison or be in prison until you solve the rubix cube?
The latter. I could do it in about 21 seconds peaks(ever), but because I focused more time on playing games and debating on the internet, my current level is at about 46 seconds with a good cube, and well over a minute with a bad one.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
nice zed