KSI - All Over The Place Album Review

Author: Vader

Total: 11
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
KSI has just released his latest album "All Over The Place." Just like the title suggests, the project lacks a coherent focus and instead tries to build KSI's versality in different styles of music. It is an interesting technique, but does it pay off? The album is all over the place, but is a step in the right direction to build KSI's into a better star

The Moment 
8.3/10
The autotune and instrumental flow well throughout the song, the chorus is catchy and everything sounds sharp overall. Some lines are questionable, but it is a good vibe song

Number 2
7.2/10
The features of this song carry the song as Future and 21 have mastered the style while KSI is still yet to adapt and fully master it.

Patience 
9.2/10
Patience is a great song with an amazing instrumental, a catchy chorus, and a great autotune. This was a great 80s reminiscent song with an unique vibe to it. 

You
5.7/10
The instrumentals and the autotune with reverb and vocals don't match well. The drums are lacking with too much high hats. The autotune also becomes extremely choppy at times.

Don't Play
8.6/10
The autotune is catchy, the instrumental is poppy with a great blend of different instruments. Anne Marie does carry the track with the chorus as KSI can come short in his verses

Really Love
8.9/10
It's a catchy song with a great instrumental, catchy lyrics. The drop is nice, the instrumental and drums are clean and crisp with Craig David having a catchy chorus

Gang Gang
7.4/10
KSI has a strong performance in this section with the autotune and the chorus is very catchy. The instrumentals are very lacking here but the lyrics and flow make up for it

Rent Free
2.3/10
Yikes. The sharpness of both instrumentals are unsettling in this. KSI is weak on the bars and the chorus itself is nothing special, but it's hard to think when the instrumentals are ear piercingly terrible

Madness
9.1/10
KSI goes back to some of his roots. His energy his bars combined with the clean piano and drum make this song a great song that seeps back into KSI's comfort zone and does well with it

Silly
8.2/10
The piano and sound is nice. The drum is low and crisp and the bars are pretty good. The feature is good but short. The piano is really grimmy and some of the cuts of it are alright.

Flash It
4.2/10
KSI's vocals sounds off and the vocals of this guy sounds like a British Chris Brown. It's very generic and nothing special and I think it's an overall average song all around

No Time
9.4/10
KSI takes a risk with the chorus by going high but it pays off. Not only is it catchy but it is a vibey groove and Lil Durk smashes his verse in a great way. This song is catchy with great instrumentals. My personal favorite.

No Pressure
7.3/10
KSI. It's pronounced MEEEE-KOH-NOS!!!!! Lol but it's honestly really slow and it's good, but nothin great at all and comes off as a reggae Drake with some bad mixing

Holiday
8/10
It's a good song but a #2 charting? I'd disagree with this. It's definitely a nice calm song but to see this as a #2 is surprising when I felt there better songs.

Sleeping With The Enemy
9/10
KSI's storytelling in this song is great, the instrumental is catchy and my god I love S-X. He's got a great voice and nailed his parts.

Verdict: KSI comes up strong lyrically from my perspective. Some of the key issues are from autotune and mixing, where I felt his voice was saturated in reverb and unneeded autotune. This was an experimental album to try new styles and I believe he succeeded in reaching outside the box and trying new styles and such. If KSI takes the good in this album and applies to the good of the last album, I believe KSI will have a great album in the near future if he learns from the criticism of this. Overall this was an improvement from KSI's debut album, and could potential be a stepping stone for greater things

7.6/10

+1.2 improvement
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Not that great at all if you ask me. Mediocre stuff on every level.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
The modification of sound waves and the variable appreciation thereof...A strange phenomena indeed.

Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
Tbh I didn't think you'd like it
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Silly is good due to bugzy, not KSI
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I liked Silly. I liked The Moment, No Time, and Sleeping With The Enemy, mostly cause of production. S-X is a great producer

51 days later

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Fuck.

I hadn't given Madness a fair listen the first time.

It has it all, wordplay, flow delivery, melody AAHHHh and rent free is dope af too

Those two made me respect KSI hard. That man can rap, period.
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
I don't like ksi's style of rap it sorta reminds me of mumble rap. though i havent listened to him much
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@drlebronski
Depends on the rap, he literally has covered the lot:

Lyrical flexing, sheer flow, melodic rap, near-mumble rap (but when he does this for some reason he decides to do a Jamaican accent, even though he's Nigerian-British instead of mumbling so he slants the words like that). The guy has a lot of versatility and I recommend you the songs madness and rent free. those 2 destroyed the others in the album, in my opinion.

he's got one with wayne now but it may not be your style, idk though
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
-->
@RationalMadman
listened to both im still not a big fan.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@drlebronski
Madness is pure bars, but to each their own.