Electric bus failure in Philadelphia

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 38
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Double_R
With things such as mechanical equipment and technology, the expectation these days is that such things have been thoroughly tested prior to release  into the public domain. 

You wouldn't expect Boeing to not test it's new equipment before you went on vacation, would you?

Ah the plane's failing, but not to worry at least the problem will sorted for next time....KBOOOOOOM.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
The vans will come from the electric vehicle company Rivian.
Hey FLA, I get it.  Kudo's to  Beso's side of Bozo.

On the one side my ego would love to go to space for 10 minutes.  I feel guilty about taking open sea-water cruise not once but three times, cause I knew how non-enviromentally in considerate those cheapo cruises are.  Ergo my ego ----to sail the-seven-seas---  over shot my ecological concerns.

Its just that I think people of his stature ---super-rich--- should be a greater aid and spokesman for Earths ecological systems that sustain humanity, are going sour at faster and faster pace.  Following LINK lists 8 ways humanity could go extinct.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc
Hey FLA, I get it. 

You know that FLRW is the Friedmann–Lemaître–Robertson–Walker metric, don't you?

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@zedvictor4
If your expectation is infallibility then you do not understand the nature of science. No product created by human beings will ever not be subject to possible failure. Like I said, failure is how we learn and how we improve things. I do not understand what is so difficult about that.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Double_R
Nor do I understand what is so difficult to grasp about the concept of prior testing.

And I have no such expectations of infallibility

What one does expect though, is  some  guarantee of durability.

As per example....Air liners will and do fail....But one expects that such planes have undergone a high level of  testing prior to going into service.

And it's reasonable to expect a bus to last longer than four years.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
You know that FLRW is the Friedmann–Lemaître–Robertson–Walker metric, don't you?

No, should I? The first two sound familiar. Maybe mth and physics.  The other two Evangilist, movie actor from 50's and my neighbor name is Walker.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@zedvictor4
I never said it wasn’t reasonable. If you are actually following the thread you are commenting on you would know that the point I am making is in response to the OP’s claim that electric vehicles are not viable. The fact that a fleet of buses failed is not an argument to support that claim. That’s all.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Double_R
My assumption was that the O.P  was actually a dig at the Democrats. Rather than a real  concern for ongoing bus technology.

But we all make sporadic miscalculations of judgement.