I hate foster parents

Author: Wylted

Total: 28
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I can't stand foster parents. It's like some supernatural force is putting people who foster around me and I don't know how to respond. 

A lady at work I found out is fostering and we were friendly, but I had to start avoiding the lunch room because of finding out, so she won't sit near me. 

The preacher at my church mentioned he was fostering to me, and a surge of anger went through me and I had to rudely walk away and now I want to attend a different church.the wife is mad at me for being rude to him.

I honestly wanted to punch him. 

How the fuck do I avoid these pieces of shits? They seem to be everywhere. 

Wylted
Wylted
Between work and church bringing me around these assholes and volunteering bringing me around politicians, I can't deal wit all this anger and will probably have to drop out of something 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Wylted
Recap: Because there are foster parents who have behaviors that could be interpreted as bad, all foster parents are thus bad.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
Some things that you say are stupid.

And some things that you say  are more stupid than others.

Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Wylted
Stop being weak? Just smash some burpees when you feel angry and get into a positive mindset. Nobody needs that negativity.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Sum1hugme
too much cardio can inhibit muscle growth
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
that's not the fallacy of composition. Also the fallacy of composition is rare. If all slices of a cake taste like shit, it would be safe to assume the cake is shit
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
If all slices of a cake taste like shit, it would be safe to assume the cake is shit
No... the case all taste like shit because something is added towards the entirety of the cake so it taste like shit.

However, some foster parents are shitty not because they are foster parents, but their personality is horrendous. Being a foster parent does not automatically make you good or bad.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
this is not a logical debate intelligence. First of all, you aren't good at logic. That's not an insult, just an observation.

Secondly and more importantly. The post is about what I feel when I see foster parents. Obviously not all foster parents are bad people. It's probably just most of them. Even if it is just a minority of them, it wouldn't change the fact that I feel hatred in their presence.

When I see a foster parent in front of me, I see a small child getting hurt, impressed upon my brain. It makes me want to defend a helpless child by beating the foster parent into a bloody pulp. 

It isn't rational. I'm not pretending it is. It's just a strong urge that overwhelms me, and I try to avoid that person because I don't want to hurt them and because seeing them brings up painful memories.

You can't logic my feelings away intelligence. They come from experience, not from careful research. 
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Aren't people that have pets all foster parents?
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Wylted
Burpees are great for building muscle, while also making cardio gains. And it's not about the muscle, it's about the mindset. Are you letting your negative mindset run a train on you? Or are you going to do something about it and get into that pain cave where you can get a grateful perspective?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
First of all, you aren't good at logic. That's not an insult, just an observation.
Tu Quoque: criticizing the logic user instead of the logic itself. Even if I am an infant or a philosophy professor, logic is logic.

Secondly and more importantly. The post is about what I feel when I see foster parents. Obviously not all foster parents are bad people. It's probably just most of them. Even if it is just a minority of them, it wouldn't change the fact that I feel hatred in their presence.
That is what you are doing wrong. The masses don't carry the burden of the few blamed. I suggest you hang out with more of them--overcome your fear--and you will meet more good people. And if you meet only bad people after many attempt, I think the problem may be on you.

When I see a foster parent in front of me, I see a small child getting hurt, impressed upon my brain. It makes me want to defend a helpless child by beating the foster parent into a bloody pulp. 
And you are trying to justify your illusions? There are no evidence of children being hurt anyways. You can't change how good people are, but you can change your mindset of blaming people because of their background and identity, the same way some of the early conservatives and confederates thought all black people are like slaves, and that isn't good, especially since it drifts away from what is accepted by wider society.

It isn't rational. I'm not pretending it is. It's just a strong urge that overwhelms me, and I try to avoid that person because I don't want to hurt them and because seeing them brings up painful memories.
Avoiding them is rational. Avoiding other people like them because of them should be an act to be avoided. If it is irrational, why justify it?

You can't logic my feelings away intelligence. They come from experience, not from careful research. 
However, I can advise you to add to your experience because your experience is incomplete and is not enough to represent the whole picture. Complaining about them instead of trying to walk out of it by adding new experience that would change your mind wouldn't seem that much of a great idea, I suppose. Experience itself is... empirical and isn't enough to say about anything. Statistics show about the generally-accepted data and that is more representative of what you think about a certain issue. I am giving advices and I am sorry for making it sound like as if I am shoving all of these down your throat. You can change your feelings by dealing with other people.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
Tu Quoque: criticizing the logic user instead of the logic itself. Even if I am an infant or a philosophy professor, logic is logic
See what I mean with being bad at logic. I said what you stated was wrong genius, not that your logic is bad so your conclusion is wrong.

And you are trying to justify your illusions? There are no evidence of children being hurt anyways. You can't change how good people are, but you can change your mindset of blaming people because of their background and identity, the same way some of the early conservatives and confederates thought all black people are like slaves, and that isn't good, especially since it drifts away from what is accepted by wider society.

Plenty of children are hurt i. Foster care Einstein 

Avoiding them is rational. Avoiding other people like them because of them should be an act to be avoided. If it is irrational, why justify it?

I told you why. Stop being a dumb ass. I said it was so my emotions did not get the best of me

However, I can advise you to add to your experience because your experience is incomplete and is not enough to represent the whole picture. Complaining about them instead of trying to walk out of it by adding new experience that would change your mind wouldn't seem that much of a great idea,

I have more experience than you, that more experience is why I feel the way I do. Experience doesn't mean you won't become jaded or cynical.  Quite the opposite 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Wylted
*sighs...* Alright, hope you will be better in the future.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Wylted
There are bad actors in any endeavor, but does not warrant painting all of them as assholes. Isn’t that similar to claiming all children are spoiled brats who don’t deserve to be loved because they act like assholes? Anyone can paint. Doesn’t mean they’re all talented.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Wylted
Literally there are few better things people can do than foster kids. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
@Intelligence_06
It's probably just most of them. Even if it's just a minority of them.

Who's not good at logic?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
That is a grammar problem. The period or full stop in the end should be placed a comma.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Nonetheless indicative of an illogical thought process.

As is.......I hate foster parents for no real reason other than myself.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@coal
Literally there are few better things people can do than foster kids. 
That's what annoys me about not being able to control those internal feelings of hate that bubble up when I am around them.

I see myself in foster kids and my foster parents in the foster parents I meet. 

Everything I read stuff on projection, it doesn't cover how to deal with it.

I even looked up how rape victims, some I assume hate all men after being raped, deal with their projection, if projection is the right word. .able displaced anger is the correct word. 

I guess I was hoping by sharing that somebody has dealt with something similar and had some tips for conquering this. 

I will say fostering is often done by people who don't have the right motivations, or who don't have the temperament for it. 

Out of 3 different foster homes I have had direct experience with, 2 were abusive. The first was my sister's who was an all black foster family and kids and they were extremely racist and bullied her, even the foster mother. The second was my foster family where I first hand walked in to a room where a kid was molested by other foster kids as well as experiencing the abusive foster dad first hand in terms of physical and emotional abuse, as well as slave labor. 

The third foster home was my sister's, and it was a pleasant one  labeled a "therapeutic foster home". Those people weren't perfect, but she was safe there and well taken care of. 

My experience has taught me that 66% are bad, and I hear news stories almost everyday of more abusive homes popping up.

What's worst is my wife wants to foster at some point. I forcefully told her "no, I am not going to turn into one of them people". 

I also hate social workers for similar reasons. I just can't seem to get my emotions in check. I'm told though that this is good that I feel emotions after almost a decade of anhedonia.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@zedvictor4
Nonetheless indicative of an illogical thought process.

As is.......I hate foster parents for no real reason other than myself.
Feelings have nothing to do with the logical process, nor does grammar, genius.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Out of 3 different foster homes I have had direct experience with, 2 were abusive. 
That is what I was saying. Increase your experience. Increase your sample size.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
how many you have been in?

Do you think more exposure always leads to a more positive view of said demographic?

MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
-->
@Wylted
Do you think more exposure always leads to a more positive view of said demographic
If you're on the fence about this, I'd suggest avoiding them. Humans are rarely logical, it's understandable if you wish to avoid more exposure to foster parents. In fact, I would recommend blocking/ignoring them. Do what you like and move on. They're (foster parents) not worth your time. Don't know the full story but this is my opinion.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
"Feelings"....What actually  are feelings.

I would suggest that what you mean, is an internal response, based upon internally stored data.

A process that is manifesting somewhat illogically..
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@zedvictor4
I wonder how dumb this site is getting.  I am not insulting anyone, but I remember a time when intelligent people would take the time to provide real insight instead of dumb people, saying stuff they think is smart

I would suggest that what you mean, is an internal response, based upon internally stored data.

Correct, that is what feelings are. Not sure why you randomly defined the word.

A process that is manifesting somewhat illogically..
Incorrect. It manifests the way it does, which is beneficial sometimes and not beneficial at others. However way it manifests though, has nothing to do with logic. 

This is as retarded as saying

"It is illogical to stub your toe when you wake up"

Retarded, the act has nothing to do with logic. 

Do not not comment on any of my posts until you take nootropics for 6 months straight. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
Don't think that I ever mentioned toes.

And things manifest as they do for sure...But all such manifestations are subject to internal processes, to which we can subsequently attribute logic or illogic.

And your favoured use of the word retarded, is unfortunately, somewhat self indicative.

And definitions are not random if they directly relate to something stated previously.

And if I should try Nootropics.....Perhaps you should try Ritalin.

And you can comment on any of my posts....As the whole purpose and fun of the exercise is in formulating a response.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@zedvictor4
And things manifest as they do for sure...But all such manifestations are subject to internal processes, to which we can subsequently attribute logic or illogic.

No. Incorrect.