Ancient Roman Battles Mafia DP2

Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 229
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Lynched DP1:

Badger Battle of Carrhae - Marcus Licinius Crassus was the richest man in Rome and a triumvir along with Gaius Julius Caesar and Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus. However, he had never seen glory in the military, with one of his biggest accomplishments overthrown by Pompey because the latter took credit. As such he decided to take non-Senate approved legions to take the riches of Parthia who had long been a thorn in the side of Romans. When they say money doesn’t buy everything, it definitely was true for Crassus. Rather than going through Armenia, a friend of Rome, Crassus decided to go through the deserts of Mesopotamia. He reached flat ground where the Parthian horse archers had superiority against the legionnaires who had the burden of their armor and weapons. As such, the Parthian peppered the Romans with arrows all day. When the Romans formed a testudo, Parthian cataphracts would crash into the Romans causing even more losses. The Roman army simply could not move with horse archers surrounding the square box Crassus had formed. Crassus and his son were killed, and Caesar was assassinated days before leaving for Parthia to avenge Crassus. You are the 2x Roleblocker. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who, if anyone, visited your target. You win with the Mafia.

Died NP1:

None

—————————————

Attention: Drlebronski cannot vote today nor can he be lynched

Remaining Players:

1. Drlebronski
2. Whiteflame 
3. Wylted
4. Oromagi
5. Greyparrot
6. Earth
7. Lunatic
8. SupaDudz
9. MisterChris
10. Polygot

The DP will end in 48 hours on Thursday July 22nd, 2021 at 9:00 AM CST.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
@Wylted
@whiteflame
@oromagi
@drlebronski
Mafia
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
@Vader
@MisterChris
@Polyglot
Mafia time
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
So Drleb was magistrate'd.

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Well, that was fun. Don’t think Badger could have telegraphed that he was scum any better than he did in the end, pretty obvious behavioral tells. And yeah, that appears to confirm GP’s role claim. Interesting that there was no NK, must have some protective roles in the mix.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Haha this game is off to a fantastic start xD

I'm still half asleep, going back to bed. I'll come in with some thoughts and analysis in a few hour.

I'd say greyparrots role is confirmed though. 
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Haha this game is off to a fantastic start xD

I'm still half asleep, going back to bed. I'll come in with some thoughts and analysis in a few hour.

I'd say greyparrots role is confirmed though. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
(+)oromagi
TOWN
(+)Greyparrot      Battle of Actium       MAGISTRATE
(+)Drlebronski
(+)Whiteflame
(-)Lunatic

(-)MisterChris
(+)SupaDudz
(+)Polyglot
(-)Earth
(+)Wylted              Battle of Mt Vesuvius  
 SCUM
(+)Badger               Battle of Carrhae           ROLEBLOCKERX2

oromagi
oromagi
accidently posted in DP2
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
I think the key to this DP is analyzing the interactions of DP1... Who was defensive of Badger? Who was on him from the start? A good mafia bus is always a possibility too, although I'd think the mafia team would've rather not had to do that DP1 ideally... So I think we can expect the other mafia members to not have jumped on the Badger train until late DP1
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Earth
I am guessing you are Battle of Dyrrachium
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I didn't use my role last night. I needed more information in order to use my role properly because I can only use it a certain amount of times and to use it at NP1 would be silly
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
VtL dr lebronski
whiteflame
whiteflame
While I'm loathe to base my reads solely on who was and wasn't on the lynch (I've been burned by more than a few instances of bussing), I do think there's some value in mapping out how the lynch proceeded.

Town
GP - while his role being confirmed doesn't necessarily make him town, I would be hard-pressed to find some reason why he'd play things out this way if he was scum. Based on my previous experience on a scum team with him, he doesn't tend to hesitate when it comes to voting to lynch his partner if it will lend him some cred. That actually makes the fact that he wasn't on the lynch more of a town tell to me.
Luna - obviously led the way on this lynch. Have a very hard time believing he'd go through all that, especially considering how long it took to get the lynch, if he was his scum partner.
MisterChris - Got on the lynch well before I did and didn't peel off. That might be because he was absent for a good portion of the DP, but I doubt he'd do this as scum. 

Town-lean
SupaDudz - didn't get into the DP until pretty late in when there was already a pretty decent head of steam behind the lynch. His reading of what happened up to the point of his vote was also a little limited, since he said to wait for a claim that Badger had been rather belligerent about not providing. Still, the conduct strikes me as town, especially given that he wasn't wholly on board with the reasoning surrounding the lynch.

Neutral
Wylted - executing the lynch himself is the only reason that Wylted is in the neutral category for me. The fact that he kept oscillating on who he should target and seemed somewhat cowed (at least initially) by Badger's response to his first vote to lynch him doesn't fit the pattern of behavior I've seen from him before. Behaviorally, I'd put him in the scum-leaning category, and his claim didn't help his case.
Earth - just not a lot to work with here. I usually find Earth difficult to read for this same reason, and I'd like to see more from him this DP to get a better feel, especially given the general lack of voting in DP1.
Polyglot - again, just not a lot to work with in the previous DP. Voted to lynch Earth for activity and never left off even after Earth started posting. Like to see more from him as well.

At least for now, I'd like to get a claim from one of these two. Badger did claim to FoS Chris, Earth and Wylted in the end, with some earlier mention of Poly slipping off his list for no apparent reason, so I'll VTL Poly for a claim.

Scum-lean
Drlebronski - I can't decide whether much of his behavior results from him being new to this or him being scum, but he seems to be voting all over the place with limited or no reasoning. The fact that he was on the lynch in the end, especially with the lack of certainty that the lynch would go through, doesn't reduce my suspicions much.
oromagi
oromagi
Badger starts of with Moderna vaccine excuse, then fos on DrLeb
Wylted concurs

TUF fos's badger and badger forgets his original excuse

Badger asks me for early claim

Chris vtl's Badger for vaccine/drunk lie

Supa defends badger

When I asked Wylted if he knew what ywwtt meant, wylted was clueless but badger answered.  If badger and wylted were scum together I have to think badger would have given wylted that in discord.

badger's scum pool
Wylted, Earth, Poly, Chris.

wylted defends badger

wylted fos' me and supa, badger asks wylted to explain supa

badger defends wylted

badger tunnels chris

TUF and badger back and forth

badger fos TUF

fos Poy, Earth

badger buddying me

badger buddy wf

badger fos earth again

badger fos chris again

wylted pressure badger for claim

supa fos badger

supa defends badger

supa L-1's badger

wylted fos drLeb if badger is scum

whiteflame
whiteflame
Oops, left out Oro. I'd put him in the town-lean pile. His attempts to solve the theme and vote on Wylted make more sense to me coming from him as town, but I haven't seen anything that places him in the obvious town pile yet.
Earth
Earth
-->
@oromagi
I am. 

oromagi
oromagi
  • supa defends badger a couple of times but also L-1's
    • His stating that he did not use his power NP1 could be legit but if scum who refrained from kill, he might feel to explain why he didn't move this turn but will move in future
  • wylted's hammer doesn't exonerate him much but he sure goes back and forth with badger a lot, which would be high risk if both scum.  Also, badger chose to pick up town cred by explaining ywwtt.  If wylted scum under fos, seems like he would have given wylted that.  Wylted's vtl on Badger after he jumped on my vtl seems credible
  • badger's many def improve Chris poly earth and wylted.  I'd say chris is practically town confirmed by Badger
  • TUF's prosecution of badger makes it almost impossible for him to be Badger's partner.
  • I've been reading drLeb as just newb and I thought wylted's fos scummy at the end of DP1 but now WF's suspicions have me wondering.  Certainly badger had more reason to fos drLeb than chris, poly, or earth

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
VtL dr lebronski

that won't work
Earth
Earth
-->
@oromagi
What do you think about that Oro?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Earth
(+)oromagi
TOWN
(+)Greyparrot      Battle of Actium       MAGISTRATE
(-)Lunatic
(-)MisterChris
(-)Earth                  Battle of Dyrrhachium
(+)Wylted              Battle of Mt Vesuvius 
(+)Polyglot
(+)Whiteflame
 (+)Drlebronski
(+)SupaDudz
 SCUM
(+)Badger               Battle of Carrhae           ROLEBLOCKERX2

VOTE COUNT:

Polyglot (1/6) - Whiteflame,

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Earth
->@oromagi
What do you think about that Oro?
That helps.

There's two battles not on my short list but I think I have TUF's soft claim and I feel like Chris gets town cred from Badger's many fos.  So I'm going to correlate Carrhae with the the shortlist.
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
I feel as though badger initially added chris to his list of suspects just to make Chris  appear less scummy in the event that he was lynched. Badger pushed for Chris to give info in the beginning of the first day phase but it wasn’t such strong pressure like his other suspects. In fact, badger kept pushing for me to get lynched in most of his posts. Nearing the end of DP1 I feel as though Badger put his last vote on Chris as a means to make him seem innocent. So I’m curious to hear what Chris has to say about all of this. 

VTL Chris
Polyglot
Polyglot
VTL Chris
whiteflame
whiteflame
Still trying to get a feel for the theme split. Carrhae does stand out as a major loss for the Roman Empire to another empire. The split could be between major losses and other Roman conflicts, as the rest of the ones I've seen have been either Roman victories or the result of internal conflict. Could be reading into these wrong, but that's what I'm getting so far
Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
That wasn't a defense of badger after the FoS of badger, it was of lebronski and it wasn't a defense, it was saying that what Wylted said is true but it isn't a scum slip
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
VTL EARTH
Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
  • His stating that he did not use his power NP1 could be legit but if scum who refrained from kill, he might feel to explain why he didn't move this turn but will move in future

My role has a limit to the amount of times I can use it. It also is a role that I need information to go by (roles, char, etc.). I don't want force people to claim unless there is pressure to do so, so I waited on my role until there is more role claims given
Polyglot
Polyglot
-->
@Greyparrot
Why are you voting for him?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Polyglot