Extensive body tattooing looks a mess, especially on necks and faces and especially on women.

Author: zedvictor4

Total: 36
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Nothing uglier than a women's arms legs and face covered in an inky mess.

Some Tattooists may be very good. But the indelible scars are permanently bad.

The odd small tattoo that can be easily covered is Ok I suppose..... But unnecessary.

So what's the big deal with self-disfigurement?

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Maybe I am weird, but I think tattoos are sexy. I love tatted chick's. 

I don't fuck too many because they can probably sense I am intimidated by them, but it's hot. 
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@zedvictor4
That's your opinion.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4
God agrees with you. “You will not make cuttings in your flesh, for the dead, nor print marks on you” (Leviticus 19:28)
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Unnerving thought: If you tattoo your entire body without exceptions, then you would appear like a person of African heritage regardless of your genetic factors.

Skin colors do not equate to races, that is for sure, and our ancestors took both the same because we do not have the way of altering the two. However, at this moment, we could shift the skin colors while not changing genes.

Fortunately, the current method is discouraging as it is painful and unhealthy. However, I predict it won't be long before a girl on Twitter tattoos herself entirely black and declare herself an African and get thousands of likes.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
That has to be the most simultaneously irrelevant and offensive post to a thread I've seen in a while.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
i personally dont like tats 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RatMan

You're far too sensitive.

How can honesty be offensive?

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
Many people find many things offensive in different ways. The average confederate soldier doesn't find slavery offensive whereas the average lad in 2021 finds it offensive. The average conservative Muslim finds homosexuality offensive whereas the average teenager does not find it offensive.

That said, when you find something truly offensive, you can always report it, especially in a site where fair moderation exists and is active.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
Absolutely.

Offence is in the head of the recipient , rather than in the head of the sender.

Though I fail to see how your previous  comments and prediction could be construed as being irrelevant and offensive.

So I stand by my conclusion, that the RatMan is perhaps a tad too oversensitive.

And perhaps also, they strive too much to be the voice of PC.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
any people find many things offensive in different ways. The average confederate soldier doesn't find slavery offensive 

I doubt that you are correct in this statement. Please be less of an asshole. The underground railroad was so effective in the south, because so many people wanted to help blacks leave the south. We still want them to leave until this very day. 

The soldiers fought for the south, not for slavery. They could care less about protecting rich jewish slave holders
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Wylted
I doubt that you are correct.
So you don't know then.

Please be less of an asshole.
Please be less of an asshole.

The underground railroad in the south etc.
Can you please clarify this somewhat random statement.

And people do not usually fight for compass points.

And could they care less, or could they not care less?

And wherein lies a specific connection to Judaism?

I think that you will find that, slave traders and owners tended to have a Christian or Catholic bias.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@zedvictor4

So you don't know then.
Correct, I am not psychic and cannot read the minds of people who are long since dead. I can only apply a 99%  certainty to that statement.

Can you please clarify this somewhat random statement.

Yes, the underground railroad is a network of people in the south who helped slaves escape to freedom in the north. 

9 days later

Mesmer
Mesmer
-->
@zedvictor4
Nothing uglier than a women's arms legs and face covered in an inky mess.

Some Tattooists may be very good. But the indelible scars are permanently bad.

The odd small tattoo that can be easily covered is Ok I suppose..... But unnecessary.

So what's the big deal with self-disfigurement?
There are two reasons people do this that I can think of:

(1) They're trying to buy an identity
(2) They're so self-hateful they try to keep people away from them with aposematic coloring

(1) A plague that has engulfed out modern era is rampant, unrestrained capitalism. Capitalism certainly has its place in a functional society, but when increasing the bottom line comes at the expense of identity (culture, racial heritage etc.), then it has outstayed its welcome. There are things more important in life than squeezing more money out of people. People intuitively understand this, hence why they attempt to find identity. However, since this unrestrained capitalism has left many homelands nihilistic, multicultural wastelands absent of any identity, people are desperate enough to think they can purchase an identity. So, they attempt to. They cover themselves in ink in an attempt to find meaning, but they only mask an empty shell devoid of meaning.

(2) Some people are unfortunate enough to suffer sexual abuse in their childhood/teenage years. Subconsciously, their mind tries to protect them from another terrifying experience by encouraging self-disfigurement. Sometimes, this self-disfigurement takes the form of hideous or frightening tattoos that the person feels will help keep them safe from future sexual abuse. A society interested in actually helping these people would encourage them to deal with this real trauma through introspection or a psychiatrist. A mentally unsound society encourages this trauma to manifest in self-disfigurement, mistaking it for 'expressing themselves' when in reality it merely expresses a mind broken by trauma.

233 days later

sadolite
sadolite
Tattoos limit choices and opportunities in life.  It's a fucking fact. If you are OK with that, get all the tattoos you want. But don't cry about the limitations they bring in life afterwards. Your friends may think they are cool but the business world doesn't. Most especially face hand and neck tattoos. It's not the image most businesses want to  convey to their customers, most especially high end customers. I think face neck and hand tattoos indicate poor judgement and short sightedness  in those who have them.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
See.

Sometimes we agree.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@zedvictor4
@Intelligence_06
Eh, people like colors, they like fancy clothing, earrings, haircuts, they like shapes and symbols.
People and their aesthetics.
Some for, some against inked skin,
For me it depends,

Well, even black or brown ink, I'm not sure it'd look the right skin color.
And even then color isn't synonymous with shape, eyes, nose, chin, so on.
Also culture, accent, customs,
Though I suppose those last three aren't 'genetic.

Still, ink yourself blue, couple horn prosthetics, doesn't make on a Draenei.

Your post reminds me of a video and a book.

FLRW
FLRW

Jesus had tattoo's. Revelation 19:16 includes this description of Jesus: “On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: king of kings and lord of lords.” 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@FLRW
Why do you mention the Bible so much recently, seems?

I ask out of curiosity, as I thought you greatly disliked it, or had allow opinion of it?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
I sincerely don't care what other people do to themselves.

Look an inky mess if that's your bag.

But fashion and trends have a habit of changing.

And this one, is not quite the same as a new hairdo and a new pair of earrings.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Lemming

I don't dislike it, it is just a book of myths that does have some logical reasoning.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Lemming
As an example:

Deuteronomy 23:13

and you shall have a spade among your tools, and it shall be when you sit down outside, you shall dig with it and shall turn to cover up your excrement.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
You're far too sensitive.

How can honesty be offensive?
Show me somebody with fullbody tats that is another race but who looks black.

How is that honest? LOL!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4

I can instantly see those are tatoos and not his natural skin colour.

Same with this guy:

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
As I stated.

Self abuse used to be regarded as a mental illness.

I'm not sure if such people deserve scorn or sympathy.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
It isnt self harm, it is not done for the pain itself and there isnt an issue with masochism itself.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
I suppose it depends upon how one chooses to define disfigurement.

But hey. ......They're adults, and if they think that they are content with their lot, then that's good enough for me.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
They aren't a 'lot' separate from you. You don't know who on this site has a tattoo or who you are mocking in a totally unwarranted manner.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm not mocking anyone.

I expressed my opinion regarding extensive and permanently disfiguring tattoos. Well exemplified by the images you provided.

And I also question the state of mind of people who decide to do such a thing.

And as I stated, the odd hidden whimsical tattoo, is ok, but still unnecessary.....In my opinion.

And I work in the Pharmacy business, and experience tells me that there is a definite link between extensive tattooing/piercing and mental health issues.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
The images I provided were intentionally extreme and the second image I provided looks more like marker than tats (the first guy is genuinely fullbody tatted though).

I don't think that's really what the average person who gets a tattoo gets done nor do I think 'mental health' is as simple as 'fully normal brain' and 'omg mentally unwell'. There's a massive spectrum across many disorders.