Debates: 30
Vader
Giannis is a greek god!!! 
Tarik
Debates: 0
Tarik
-->
@Vader
Blasphemy, Giannis got lucky, not to take anything away from him because he’s a great player but he’s not even the best in the game that’s KD who would’ve been finals MVP if Kyrie didn’t get hurt and the beard was 100% and this is coming from a Knicks fan.
drlebronski
Debates: 14
drlebronski
wut r u talking about
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
the bucks deserve it

Vader
Vader
-->
@Tarik
With all respect, wtf are you talking about.

Injuries are a part of the game and a great team with depth can lose it's players and still perform well. Teams like the Lakers and Nets stand no chance in the league for the future. Versatile teams with inked in stars are teams that can go the distance. The Warriors are an example. They were a solid depth team until they added Durant, in which they fell apart as they added more star power. Giannis got hurt versus the Hawks, but were still able to finish the series because they had tremendous depth at each position. Sure the Nets didn't have their star power, but you have to adapt to that.

Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Vader
Injuries are a part of the game and a great team with depth can lose it's players and still perform well. 
Yeah the same way luck is a part of the game, and apparently the Nets don’t have that kind of depth because they traded it all away to stay top heavy (which backfired against them because of the injuries to Kyrie and a compromised beard) as for performing well the only real performer for the Nets was KD and even he couldn’t carry that load by himself, maybe prime LeBron could but KD ain’t that dude.

Teams like the Lakers and Nets stand no chance in the league for the future.
I said nothing about the Lakers but since you wanna bring them up then the only reason they weren’t in the finals was the same reason as the Nets, injuries. And must I remind you Bucks were getting blown out down 2-0 before Kyrie got hurt and they lost game 5 (a game they should’ve won BTW), so if a healthy Lakers and Nets squad stand no chance in the league for the future that couldn’t be any more true for that lucky Bucks squad. Also put some respect on the Lakers Bron and AD literally made that franchise relevant again after a long playoff drought in one of the most difficult time periods (considering the aftermath of Kobe and the pandemic) so don’t give me don’t stand a chance because one thing about the Lakers organization is they know how to attract talent so who knows what free agents they pick up or what trades they pull off (I mean they got AD didn’t they and look how that turned out championship).

Versatile teams with inked in stars are teams that can go the distance.
If we’re talking next year then the Bucks don’t fit that criteria they got lucky this year plain and simple, although I do respect Giannis performance in these playoffs he deserves it but his team is not better than a healthy Nets team.
Vader
Vader
Injuries are a part of the game and a great team with depth can lose it's players and still perform well. 
Yeah the same way luck is a part of the game, and apparently the Nets don’t have that kind of depth because they traded it all away to stay top heavy (which backfired against them because of the injuries to Kyrie and a compromised beard) as for performing well the only real performer for the Nets was KD and even he couldn’t carry that load by himself, maybe prime LeBron could but KD ain’t that dude.
Preparation is key then. It should go as a lesson to many teams that forming superteams by trading away your key role players is a short term goal with very little payoff if things end up not going well

Teams like the Lakers and Nets stand no chance in the league for the future.
I said nothing about the Lakers but since you wanna bring them up then the only reason they weren’t in the finals was the same reason as the Nets, injuries.
The Suns series between them was already 2-2 and was already close even without injury

And must I remind you Bucks were getting blown out down 2-0 before Kyrie got hurt and they lost game 5 (a game they should’ve won BTW), so if a healthy Lakers and Nets squad stand no chance in the league for the future that couldn’t be any more true for that lucky Bucks squad.
Again, sports is a game of next man up. How come when Giannis went down against the Hawks in game 5 or 6, the Bucks still won? It's because the Bucks aren't front heavy and have depth at every position and when the time is needed, they step up. You are also really undervaluing the Bucks roster as well. Middleton was great this series, Lopez was doing well, and Tucker was solid and even Jrue was good in his defense against guards. They didn't have the big name starts but they definitely had a solid core that could win a game or close a series if someone were to go down

Also put some respect on the Lakers Bron and AD literally made that franchise relevant again after a long playoff drought in one of the most difficult time periods
By trading away the young core to New Orleans and by throwing money around at big name stars for them to stay because they are a big market team? Sorry the Lakers were always relevant due to the history and location. Even if a team is bad (such as my Bulls), they will still be relevant due to their history)
(considering the aftermath of Kobe and the pandemic) so don’t give me don’t stand a chance because one thing about the Lakers organization is they know how to attract talent so who knows what free agents they pick up or what trades they pull off (I mean they got AD didn’t they and look how that turned out championship).
They know how to attract talent because they can throw lumps of money at big stars because they're a big market team.

Versatile teams with inked in stars are teams that can go the distance.
If we’re talking next year then the Bucks don’t fit that criteria they got lucky this year plain and simple, although I do respect Giannis performance in these playoffs he deserves it but his team is not better than a healthy Nets team.

We wait. I don't think that Nets team is stable for a whole season
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I thought that the Suns were a bit sporadic.

What do you think Doc?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
im with ya zed
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Vader
It should go as a lesson to many teams that forming superteams by trading away your key role players is a short term goal with very little payoff if things end up not going well
Your preaching to the choir everybody knows that if your best players are injured it’s more difficult to win doesn’t make the trade for Harden a mistake just like the signing for KD for the Warriors wasn’t a mistake sure they lost to the Raptors in there last go round but you can’t ignore the previous two years when they were together, it was literally game over for the rest of the league, why? Because of the signing of KD and who knows the trade for Harden may pay off this upcoming season.
The Suns series between them was already 2-2 and was already close even without injury
Bron and Brow were compromised before the playoffs (even play-in) started and they had a 2-1 lead on the Suns in the game AD got hurt so that’s simply not true.

How come when Giannis went down against the Hawks in game 5 or 6, the Bucks still won? It's because the Bucks aren't front heavy and have depth at every position and when the time is needed, they step up.
Also because the Hawks ain’t the Nets, if Giannis went down against the Nets like he did the Hawks KD would’ve destroyed that Bucks team even worse like he did in game 5 even in game 7 if his foot was slightly further back that shot he hit would’ve won the game.

They didn't have the big name starts
My point exactly yet you take this to mean I’m undervaluing the Bucks roster.

Even if a team is bad (such as my Bulls), they will still be relevant due to their history)
Relevancy is about the present not the historic past, I provided context for a reason. In terms of what have you done lately the Lakers (and the Bulls because you brought them up) haven’t been relevant in the winning department in the time periods between Kobe’s departure and AD’s arrival.

They know how to attract talent because they can throw lumps of money at big stars because they're a big market team.
And because LA’s nicer then most areas (Chicago included).

We wait. I don't think that Nets team is stable for a whole season
Even when healthy why?