---Star Trek Deep Space Nine (DS9) Mafia: DP1---

Author: bsh1

Total: 770
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Welcome to Star Trek Deep Space Nine Mafia!

RULES

Read all of the following information carefully. It will behoove you to do so.

Activity

You are required to make 15 posts per DP. At least 7 of those posts must be substantive. A substantive post is any post that advances the progress of the game. The determination of what is or is not a substantive post is mine, and mine alone, to make.

Failure to meet this activity standard makes you eligible for replacement. If you know in advance that you won't be active, tell me ahead of time, otherwise I will have a lot less sympathy for you. For those who were insufficiently active but who had legitimate reasons for the low activity, I will expect you to make up for your inactivity in the next DP. You may receive 1 activity prompt in the last 24 to 12 hours of a DP; this is not guaranteed. A failure to get this prompt out to you will not excuse any inactivity.

PM Etiquette

Don't use PM structure, wincons, PM time stamps, or things of that ilk as points of analysis in the game. Discussion of these issues is strictly prohibited. You may not C/P anything from your PMs into the game or take photos of your PMs. There is to be no communicating via non-mod-initiated methods, even with teammates or hydra halves. This means there is to be no game-related discussion on G+ hangouts, rabb.it hangouts, unauthorized PMs on site, PMs offsite, etc. If you suspect or know that any such communication is taking place, you are obligated to inform me immediately.

Remember, paraphrasing is your friend. You may only paraphrase PM content. An acceptable paraphrase should substantially change the original wording of the passage, and that change should be noticeably more than mere deletion, addition, or substitution. I am willing to pre-screen your paraphrases if I have time. Violation of the rules in this section ("PM Etiquette") are the most severe breaches of rules in my games, and will most likely result in instantaneous mod-kills.

Other Issues

Observe civil and good conduct. Except in cases of exceptional rudeness, anyone who violates the conduct policy will receive 1 warning. Violations past that warning will result in you being replaced or mod-killed. What constitutes civil and good conduct is at my discretion. Additionally, all players must play to their wincon. Attempts to throw the game will not be tolerated. Play to win. Finally, excessive spamming, trolling, or thread derailment will also not be tolerated, and operates on the "1 warning, then replacement/mod-kill" paradigm.

Cycles and Voting

All DPs will be 72 hours long until the total number of players is less than 8. At that point, all DPs will become 48 hours. NPs will always be 24 hours less than the previous DP (so, a 48 hour DP is followed by a 24 hour NP). I am willing to grant extensions for the DPs or NPs upon request, but it will be at my discretion whether to grant those requests. DP extensions will be 12-24 hours; NP extensions will be 6-12 hours. Votes or unvotes cast in twilight will not be assessed. Once a lynch is secured, the DP immediately ends; you must refrain from posting after a lynch is announced or secured. Only two warnings will be offered in twilight reminding people to stop posting. Posting after the warnings may result in a mod-kill. A policy of majority (as opposed to plurality) lynching is in force for this game. You are not required to unvote before re-voting, but you are required to use the acronym "VTL" to preface your votes and to bold your votes. Sometimes, when I am in a hurry, I will do a ctrl+f search for "VTL" and "unvote;" so using those specific phrases is important.

THEME

The theme of this game revolves around Star Trek Deep Space Nine. You can learn more about this topic at the following wiki: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Main Do not use the beta wiki, as that is for non-canon material. The wiki I linked is correct, and is the alpha wiki. All players have characters and roles.

RESOURCES

LIVING PLAYERS

Aporia
Argent
Budda
DPR
Grey
Lunatic
McSloth
Pie
Supa
Vaar
Warren
Wylted

With 12 players, it takes 7votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 11:00pm, EST, on 11/7/18

Good luck! And let the games begin!
Aporia
Debates: 2
Aporia
Vtl budda for claim. Hes formiddable IIRC and its been a few years since we played together so I'd prefer an early screen of him.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Aporia
I win with the town. I have a useless night action power.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I also consider my night action power as useless. I certainly hate these types of roles, though I kind of play one in real life. I talked about playing one in the first chapter of my unrefined yet to be written memoir on entering the fostercare system. I want more information on aporia. Like what her experience level is possible former user names I would recognize and why she thinks being formidable as mafia is reason to get an early claim.

Also VTL Aporia

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Wylted
Yeah I'm not a big fan of "pick on the experienced players...."

VTL APORIA
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Vote Count

Budda (1/7) - Aporia
Aporia (2/7) - Wylted, Grey
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Wylted
"Her" lol. Im reasonably experienced but a little rusty probably. I think its fairly obvious where im coming from with Budda. Good players are good players and we have to start somewhere. If hes town lets get him in the bloc ASAP. If he seems scummy better to get a good mafioso out of the way.

Also what do yer scary votes mean? Are you pushing for a claim? Also why is this guy talking about his fucking memoir? @mod does this count as substantive?
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Greyparrot
Funny how my post sat there for an hour and a half with no reaction from you but Wylted votes me and you do the same a whopping three minutes later. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Aporia
Stop stalling.
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Greyparrot
Not stalling. Wyl asked my experience level and why i voted Budda. I gave both. Also my former username was Spinko. 

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Aporia
Also my former username was Spinko. 

Oh, I remember you (if you are really spinko), though we have rarely crossed paths. I disagree with the pressuring experienced players early philosophy, but have seen it used before.

unvote
Wylted
Wylted
Even for a gay guy bsh1 is anal, putting the names in alphabetical order.
Wylted
Wylted
BSH1 used to typically have 3 mafia in a 12 player game.
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Wylted
Lol yuh its me. Used to be on the newb pressure train (many moons ago) but my recent experience with live mafia kinda solidified pressuring power players early.
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Wylted
Im not complaining about getting the top spot. Also thats pretty standard scum ratio. Not substantive!
Aporia
Aporia
Wyl do you find Grey's vote timing suspicious or is his parroting normal for him?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Aporia
I don't believe in pressuring noobs early either neccesarily, they seem to have odd slips that can easily be interpreted incorrectly by an anxious town. I guess I'll help with budda for now. I usually prefer to target unknown quantities this early.

I'll help you for now, unless I change my mind after I wake up tommorrow.

VTL Budda
Wylted
Wylted
His timing could be attributed to going and taking a shower and having dinner with his family or some other routine things. I think Grey parrot idolizes me so the parroting isn't suspicious at the moment. Just a fan being a fan
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Wylted
Meh. He posted 3 minutes after my initial vote and didn't mention his disagreement with my vote untol you did was my point. We'll see.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Aporia
Good players are good players and we have to start somewhere. If hes town lets get him in the bloc ASAP. If he seems scummy better to get a good mafioso out of the way.

So if I'm to understand this correctly, you want to pressure experiencedexperien, because experienced players will expose their affiliation more often than inexperienced players, when pressured? 

Yeahhhhh, that seems legit...

I think Wylted would be a good choice to get a claim from first. Normally during RVS flipping votes isn't that sus cause the point is to generate wagons to produce substantive content. But his flip couldn't of been motivated by that, as his vote was already on the largest wagon at the time. It couldn't of been motivated by agreeing with Aporias reasoning either, he explicitly stated he disagreed with it.

I think Grey parrot idolizes me so the parroting isn't suspicious at the moment. Just a fan being a fan

I also think this was particularly odd to say, as his own actions dont align with this read. In his view, because he thinks GP idolizes him, whoever he votes for, GP will likely BW. But that just makes it even stranger that he would jump on a wagon he disagrees with, as opposed to creating a wagon to his preference. Because in his view any wagon he starts would automatically have 2 votes and be the current lead wagon. 

In my estimation, having the opportunity to control the direction of initial pressure, and instead ceding it to someone one disagrees with, is not something a towny would do all that often imho, let alone something I see as in line with what Wylted personally would do. Yes, a person who, in a game of mafia, referenced a memoire about himself that has nothing to do with the game, ceded away the opportunity to control the initial direction the game took. That looks about as natural as Kanye West trying to act humble. 

VTL Wylted

Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
Just an early FYI, I'll be randomly busy and my schedule hasn't been consistent for three months so my activity will be random and spotty
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Buddamoose
Not what I said. Being experienced doesn't mean one can't give off a read just like anyone else.
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Wylted
I also consider my night action power as useless. I certainly hate these types of roles, though I kind of play one in real life. I talked about playing one in the first chapter of my unrefined yet to be written memoir on entering the fostercare system. I want more information on aporia. Like what her experience level is possible former user names I would recognize and why she thinks being formidable as mafia is reason to get an early claim. 
Okay, cool to know you're useless at night and all, but what is the bolded. 

As for the rest, sure Budda's experienced but she also said she was voting b/c she recognized him from the past. Not to mention a single vote isn't what I'd call "getting an early claim". I'd call it reaction pressure at best

Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Aporia
Also my former username was Spinko. 
oh hey
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Aporia
Im not complaining about getting the top spot. Also thats pretty standard scum ratio. Not substantive!
I mean not all of what he's saying is substantive, but what you're quoting is decent. Anyone could say it but it doesn't change that it's related to the game. 

Also we've got less than 30 posts in this game. If you want clear and substantive posts and nothing else, you're not gonna find it this early
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Wylted
Since when has GP ever idolized you? 

Wylted/GP scum team calling it now 
Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Vaarka
Was just having some fun with the rule. I dont care either way. Also I'm a dude tf.
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Aporia
Also I'm a dude tf.
not anymore ;3

Aporia
Aporia
-->
@Vaarka
Gotta do what you gotta do I guess.
Wylted
Wylted
budda, two people posted. I don't think greyparrot is a mindless ape, that will automatically vote for whoever I vote for, I just said I think he idolizes me a bit. Even if he were a mindless ape who would always vote the way I vote, I still don't have a scum read at the moment and am not that interested in getting him to vote the way I do.

I flipped votes because aporia gave me the information I requested. It's that simple. I already gave a soft claim on my very first post. I think that is sufficient.