Did God create matter to limit our awareness?

Author: janesix

Total: 14
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
Are our bodies and brains a limiting device to filter out aspects of awareness? 

Did God do this to give us the experience of not knowing everything?
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix

Absolutely, very good perception. I call the brain a component/restrictor  like you would have on a circuit board, it confines your experience to a physical body just like a circuit board controls the flow of electricity. The body or brain, is the interface between the soul and this world it is what connects you to this experience. So when you leave the body, you shed the physical form because you no longer need it to experience, only need it for this realm. However, you still have several other subtle bodies you will look through even when you pull back to the astral.

Sure, it helps to confine our experience so that we can focus our attention on minute things, that's kind of the point of creation really. It's also part of the human souls journey to begin at less conscious levels and work their way through a progression.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
No and no.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
Boring.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@janesix
He said the S word. Souls.

I was trying real real hard jane to think about thinking about what my brain might think about thinking.
Then bammmmmmmmmmmmm.   
Etrnl brings up baby souls turning into ummmmmm older better souls.
My brain then explodes. And it makes a funny noise on its way out. fffffffffff.

I'm currently waiting for what my heart has to say about this whole  but it's not really saying much today. 

i think this question is best put to God. 
GOD?
Nope no answer from god either today.

As for this experience of not knowing everything thing you speak of 
Well ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I don't know about this.
My head knows nothing about it either.  And my heart still isn't communicating at all with me today.

Jane . Hey jane ... Look im just going to pass. 
Sorry i couldn't offer any oppinion or advice on this.

PASS.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Boring.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
So terribly sorry I didn't fill my posts with the usual fantasies and delusions you're looking for.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Lol don't be shy about the S word. You'll be hearing it a lot in a religion forum, as well it's who and what you are so there is no escaping it TBH. I know you think about what people say if you can grasp the concepts but then you refuse to expand on it. You just rely on and return to your own brain, it then makes a funny noise like ffffffffff, and that is about the extent of your quest for knowledge.

Etrnl brings up baby souls turning into ummmmmm older better souls.

My brain then explodes. And it makes a funny noise on its way out.

See, you caught that. Souls have a progressive nature and experience to them.....you registered it but then you never asked me questions about it. Come on, that's what this place is for, give it a try. We used to be boys, but I don't even remember the last time you replied to me. You never know, we could fix that brain problem for ya.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@EtrnlVw
First things first.
Hi my mate. Love you eternal.

Hey as a kid etrnl i attended my grandfathers funeral and the head church dude with the funny gown said to me that what i see infront of me is not my grandfather, it was like a shell. A vessel if you will.
And the whatever was him part " Soul " is now resting in the heaven place. 
Ive I've never cried at a funeral since.

I loveeeeee the idea of a place like you describe as a heaven. And as a Atheist i believe in a heaven "thing" joint , place. 

But etrnl
Etrnl?
Janes asking a question here.
So lets work through this one together. Ok?
Ok? Lets do this.

The question
DID GOD .
Ok Now let's stop here for a second.
" DID GOD "  jane asks.

DID GOD?
I reckon we've done enough work here now to give jane a sufficient answer / opinion on her post. 

Did God? 
I dunno. 
I do not no if God did what he did to limit our awareness. 
Jane
Jane? 'Shrugs shoulders'
The answer to ya post is ( Dunno )
It's just, dunno..
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
First things first.
Hi my mate. Love you eternal.

Love you too. 

Hey as a kid etrnl i attended my grandfathers funeral and the head church dude with the funny gown said to me that what i see infront of me is not my grandfather, it was like a shell. A vessel if you will.
And the whatever was him part " Soul " is now resting in the heaven place.
Ive I've never cried at a funeral since.

This is true, do you not know the physical body is a shell? what do you believe it is then? if not a shell, like that of a hermit crab?

I loveeeeee the idea of a place like you describe as a heaven. And as a Atheist i believe in a heaven "thing" joint , place.

I haven't described anything, you have yet to ask. I'll wait for that first.

But etrnl
Etrnl?
Janes asking a question here.
So lets work through this one together. Ok?
Ok? Lets do this.
The question
DID GOD .
Ok Now let's stop here for a second.
" DID GOD "  jane asks.
DID GOD?
I reckon we've done enough work here now to give jane a sufficient answer / opinion on her post.
Did God? 
I dunno.
I do not no if God did what he did to limit our awareness.

First of all your awareness has to be limited from the All to experience something from an individual observation point of view in creation. Otherwise you are observing from a point of view where nothing in life is relevant to you, you don't want that. That is why you are a limited soul, who thinks they are experiencing from a wee little body and has no idea why they are here lol. It's a cruel game but it works for God, works for you and I. Eventually you will progress from that point of view, as well as your experiences. But all in due time apparently.

Jane
Jane? 'Shrugs shoulders'
The answer to ya post is ( Dunno )
It's just, dunno..

I know you don't know, that is why I supply answers. Then you are supposed to expand on those answers so your knowledge doesn't fall by the way side. Rather you understand it, absorb it and apply it.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Give me one question you think I cannot answer, anything you can think of....if I don't answer it to your satisfaction you can ignore everything I've ever written. The reason I ask this is for the very reason of breaking your mold. That is not an insult, but at some point you will need to progress in your thinking if you wish to progress in spirituality. You may have no desire to do so, but you will always be left in the dark, I have no intention of letting that happen. So why don't we communicate?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
Frightened men invented gods, end of story.
disgusted
disgusted
@ET
Why would anyone need to progress in the non existent?

7 days later

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix

Nice. I have to search through the threads more often instead of looking at the top ones. This is an interesting question. The question to this question for me always was why? Right. If there is reincarnation or if we were alive before this place... why would our awareness of our previous selves have to be limited. In regards to reincarnation, if we remembered our previous selves... we would be getting better and better so it's advantageous to remember. In regards to being in some kind of god reality... it would also be better if we knew so life wouldn't be as hard and scary when it ends. 

The main things against it are many more however. If we knew we are immortal, reincarnating, that there is another reality besides this, our reality wouldn't matter. If you knew when you die you go somewhere else, why would you stick around here. This is curious in and of itself, but if the place we go is worse than here, then for sure we'd want to remember. But since we don't, it hints that the place beyond this is better (with caveats) so we don't know. I imagine if we did, we would commit suicide as soon as life becomes hard. 

Then, if we also add the implications of my belief to this... we can't know our previous lives bc our previous lives are probably worlds different than our life here. I favor fictional realism, so i believe in other lives you've had you could be anything... a cartoon reality, some kind of beast, some kind of talking bird... whatever. So in this life, if we remembered that... it would be too confusing and quite frankly i think would also lead to suicide bc i would know i can be anything when i die... so why stick around here. 

And these are just a few scenarios. I think there are a lot more scenarios to which knowing a life before this life would be a detriment to our current experience. Your current experience is to be you, a human, on this earth. To get the full experience, this should be the only reality you know to be true. I use a zombie analogy for this. If and when we learn how to download your consciousness, let's say it's into a zombie reality. If you download and know you are in such a reality... you wouldn't be afraid, you would probably get sick of it at some point and want to come out, etc. But if you download into it not know... you will fight with everything you got... only then would that truly be a zombie reality experience. Same as what i think is going on now. Interesting thing is i think people that are spiritual allowed themselves to remember just a little bit vs atheists that likely didn't want to remember at all. If you think about it, both have different experience due to this knowing and awareness.