Polyglot
Welcome to the world of Pokémon. Time for DP4

List of the Dead

Drlebronski
Lunatic
ILikePie5
Supadudz

Day Phase Two Lynch - Evilgenius

Evilgenius - Gary Oak: You are a worthy opponent to Ash. However you rarely make an appearance during the indigo league Therefore you are a VANILLA player. You win with the Town.

Night Kill - Wylted 

Wylted - Brock: You are a well know gym leader in your city and help Ash along his journey to become a Pokémon master. Because you are well known and helpful you are the INNOCENT CHILD. You will be Mod-confirmed if you survive until DP3 You win with the Town.

1. whiteflame
2. Discipulus_Didicit
3. Earth
4. Oromagi

With 4 players it takes 3 votes to Lynch
DP ends in 72 Hours

Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
-->
@Earth
@whiteflame
@oromagi
@Discipulus_Didicit
Mafia
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Okay so good thing mafia only had 2 players 
Earth
Earth
Sus whiteflame for something I'll explain later. I think it was WF anyway.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
I figured the only guy that helped pie try to take the pressure off of him by voting for me in DP 2 was a good bet but I guess he was innocent. Well to me that leaves either narrator boy or Oromagi, since I am pretty sure earth is town.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Earth
Currently leaning the same way, I want to reread DP 1 tonight to confirm though.
Earth
Earth
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I think it was WF that asked me how many shots I had. 
Earth
Earth
I'm a dumbass. It was Oromagi who asked me.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
Are you scum?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
-->@oromagi
Are you scum?
nope.

Let's think back on the Pie lynch.  Vote was tied 3-3 and I put the 4th on pie which precipitated his fall.  

• When pie hit L-1, whiteflame UNVOTED, asked for Supa's reasons for voting Pie and then returned for the hammer
  • You never voted for PIe.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
nope
Good enough for me.
oromagi
oromagi

X.drlebronski                     Professor Oak                   ENABLER
X.Lunatic                            Pikachu [cc Ofc Jenny]    3XCOP
X.SupaDudz                        Ash                          ?XTRACKER
X.Evilgenius                        Gary Oak               VANILLA
X.Wylted                                Brock                      INNOCENT CHILD
oromagi                           Misty                        VANILLA
TOWN                                                                                                           
Earth                                  Nurse Joy             3XDOCTOR
Discipulus_Didicit       MewTwo                 MILLER
whiteflame                     Narrator                 VANILLA                              
SCUM                                                                                                             
 ILikePie                          Charizard                ODD or EVEN BOMB

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
You never voted for PIe.
Not actually true, I was on him for most of the day and didn't just vote for him but actively encouraged others to do so from the start of DP 2. It is true that I was not technically on his lynch though so I see what you mean, I could have been doing that to distance myself from him then unvoting him in the hopes that some miracle would happen to save him.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Earth
Well, you are probably the only one we can all agree is 100% town, you wanna VTNL just to see what happens (probably you would die if they have a roleblocker/strongman or something but self target anyway) or you think we should make this the last DP for better or for worse?
oromagi
oromagi
I think what we are supposed to do in this situation is nolynch because if we mislynch, game over.
I'm not sure that really buys us anything, tho.

for me, it is between WF and Disc and I think WF is the obvious choice.
Pie tried hard to kill Disc, much harder than he would have done if Disc was scum.
WF tried to save Pie last minute and then realized how scummy that looked and hammered.

I like Narrator better than mewtwo but I like MILLER after COP better than third VANILLA.
mewtwo still stands out as a bad claim but why would scum make such a bad claim early on?
Whiteflame has never actively scum hunted this game and after Pie died has minimized participation.

VTL  Whiteflame
Earth
Earth
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Us no voting will just kill me. Completely pointless.
Earth
Earth
The thing is about the miller claim is that cop is extremely weak in this game.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Earth
That would explain why there is a tracker and cop in same game.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
After skimming over DP 1 I noticed virtually no interaction between pie and WF, yet they did happen to agree on certain proposals, for example the debate in DP 1 over mass claiming.

This and the fact that WF has been higher than Oro on my scumdar all game decides it for me.

VTL whiteflame
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
So, game over now. You scum or town?
Polyglot
Debates: 0
Polyglot
Official Vote Count

Whiteflame (2/3) - Oromagi, Discipulus_didicit
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Earth
Why do you say that.  Because of 3X?  Is 3X really "extremely weak"?

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
So, game over now. You scum or town?

I am TOWN. . 

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Guys, I am seriously slammed at work right now and won’t be able to respond to this for another few hours.

Also, why the hell aren’t we just VTNLing? It’s 3-1.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@whiteflame
Also, why the hell aren’t we just VTNLing?

Everyone agrees on earth being town, meaning we all already know what DP 5 would look like if we VTNL'd (you me and Oro)
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Earth

WIn or lose, the game is yours to end.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Great, I’m finally off of work and I can get involved in this.

First off and most importantly, I think it’s absurd that we’re discussing a lynch here. A mislynch ends the game. We have nothing to lose by going to another DP and could potentially gain important POE. Disc responds with this:

Everyone agrees on earth being town, meaning we all already know what DP 5 would look like if we VTNL'd (you me and Oro)
I don’t know how Disc comes to this conclusion as obvious. Earth was basically confirmed town from the moment he claimed Nurse Joy, and after Luna flipped, any and all uncertainties should have fallen away. I said as much during DP2. Scum would have recognized that as well, but kept him alive anyway. Besides that, if this did happen, then Oro and Disc could end the game with a lynch on me during the next DP. Nothing lost.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Second, the apparent bases for sussing me just don’t make a lot of sense. Aside from Oro having a problem with there being a third Vanilla in this game (not really sure why that stretches incredulity, since, as I pointed out two DPs ago, we have 6 people who were functionally vanilla in this game), he has sussed me over hopping off the lynch to get Supa’s input (I’ll note that Oro himself relied on Supa’s input and mine for his vote against Pie) before coming back on to hammer. If I was scum, given Disc’s absence from the DP, I could have simply let the likely NL proceed. Sorry that my flight inconvenienced you on the timing there, I would otherwise have done it sooner. Finally, Oro says I never actively scum hunted. I disagree. I’ve been providing pretty extensive analysis during the first two DPs. The only DP I did not actively participate in was DP3, the one where all 3 of you decided to lynch Evil in a rather short timeframe that, given my trip, didn’t allow for much activity on my part. 

Disc does far less work. My agreement with Pie in DP1 clearly didn’t last in the following DP, since each of us actively sussed the other, and despite everything, I still believe the mass claim was a mistake. I don’t think we’d be at this point, where one mislynch could end the game, if we’d played this more normally.
whiteflame
whiteflame
Third, I think there are entirely valid reasons to sus Disc at this point, and the relative absence of that analysis from Oro’s posts is surprising to say the least, given how thorough he normally is.

He says he susses Mewtwo over the Narrator, but doesn’t explain why, even going so far as to say that the early claim somewhat vindicates Disc because it’s a “bad claim”. I disagree that it’s a bad claim. Clearly, both Supa and Luna believed it given rather extensive knowledge of the series on the basis that he’s the main character of the first movie. It’s a good claim, but it should stand out. Not only is Mewtwo not in the show, but he’s a creation of Giovanni, Pie’s own character. Evil himself pointed this out in the last DP.

But it’s not just the character claim. Part of the reason I sussed Pie was because the role fit the character too well. Look at Wylted’s flip. Oro, look at your own justification. We’ve got some decently obvious ones like Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy, but the rest are clearly weak or even nonexistent fits between character and role. Yet somehow Mewtwo stands out from that, just like Charizard did. 

Behaviorally as well, he stands out. He sussed Pie but didn’t vote for him in DP2, instead choosing to focus attention on Evil when that was an obvious dead end. He had hours to get on and hammer after Supa’s vote. If my unvoting and then hammering somehow gives me away, I don’t see how Disc gets away with being entirely in absentia during a critical time like that.
whiteflame
whiteflame
That’s all I’ve got. It’s been a long day, and I can’t say I understand the impulse to end this quickly, even if you do both feel strongly about lynching me. I can’t say I understand some of these double standards, either. If minimal interaction is enough, then Disc barely interacted directly with Pie during DP1. If delaying Pie’s lynch is enough, then maybe consider who wasn’t even on it.

The lynch on Evil was misguided, but if you want to barrel ahead with me, I can’t stop you.