Apple should be sued for fraud for advertising itself as the 'privacy concerned smartphone'.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 35
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Tell me please, fans of Apple, what makes it the privacy phone provider and I will decimate you with the fineprint of the terms and conditions as well as exposing just how much it can spy on you more than the rest due to owning your hardware.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
@Barney
@Vader
@ILikePie5
@MisterChris
let's get this subforum full of actual debate and activity.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
I’m not surprised. All of Big Tech does it. And people want these same people controlling speech 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
Do you know why China has agreed to sell iPhones essentially untouched but only will sell Android if all Google apps and services are removed?

Google originally helped China make its system of 'social credit' and didn't realise they were going to utilise it as an actual all encompassing thing for their citizens. It is not clear what Google thought they were designing exactly but it is clear they didn't realise it was that, the major Executive who was involved got fired permanently for it (and he was a huge shareholder) but Google got tainted reputation for it. Since then, China betrayed Google, ditched the company entirely and only deals with Android if it's extremely removed away from Google's 'hand in it'. In China you can't even search on Google, you can only search on their national search engine. 

I ask you why you can use Apple entirely in China, there's an obvious reason why, Apple designed a China-friendly OS for phones, macs and tablets.

People talk their shit about Google and FB but all the scummiest tyrannies ban both corporations because both refuse to assist them with spying on their citizens, though Google got duped into assisting it.

As for Microsoft, China only 'puts up with it' they are very much at odds with each other. The Chinese government even have tried several times to hack Microsoft's servers in order to be able to easier spy on their citizens.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
apple is the worst. This whole right to repair bill in the United States exposed them as scummy. Their phone is actually decent though, but their computers suck.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
name one way their phone is better than Android phones of even a medium tier, seriously I never understand that claim.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
There are actual film quality movies filmed on iPhone, the apps work better. For example the fitness apps have more wearable than android. 

I have a Samsung and I like it, but Apple is good but it comes at the cost of freedom. Kind of like windows. It has ease of usability, but allows less freedom than Linux. 

I personally won't buy one, but I do miss playing clash of clans, which is only available on iphone.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
Nothing you said denied the same has been done with samsung, google pixel etc which it has.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
that's new I swear. Thank God
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
so new it has 56 million downloads on day 1  ;)
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
I can't even fake a debate about this thing. I don't know enough about it. I can only tell you how I feel about Apple 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
in fact, the video editing software in android is much more varied and in-depth (but not free for the best stuff), than iPhone's
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
The problem with Apple is it overcharges hardcore for the same quality stuff as Android and then points out that it has just as good stuff as a counterargument. 

Android phones that cost same as iPhone of any level thwart its quality.

The only thing I admit Apple shocks me with is its battery life, which is especially odd to me as I know for a fact it spies on you more than Android does, so theoretically its battery should run out faster. Its battery life is 'up there' with the best of Androids but other than that it's mediocre in terms of same-cost-in-Android.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
I usually buy like $100 phones, so I guess it is unfair to compare the shit I get with apple. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
I recommend Rise of Kingdoms over Clash of Clans personally, but RoK requires more effort and learning for sure, from what I've heard (I never got into and properly tried CoC, I remember years ago having a go and going 'fuck no this is not my type of thing' but I changed over time I guess as now I love clan war genre.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
To be fair, I don't even care about privacy. They aren't gonna abduct me into space and they most definitely won't throw me in jail. If anything, they will advertise me product that I am more willing to pay and use. Privacy is to be concerned when it is among oppressors(yup, if I am punished for saying this it only becomes more correct). Apple is only trying to get me spend money, not to be a slave to the economy.

Privacy isn't inherently "good". Economical surveillance, for me, isn't "bad" either. I have not purchased expensive products(1000$+) on ads recommended by my phone because young people don't get much money.

My iPhone 7+ I bought two years ago still hasn't broken yet, and for the two years it really isn't a problem. All there is is that ads recommend me products I have searched up or related, cross-platform. Apple has given me not any trouble because they are tracking me. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Though, I agree with that Apple is not the "privacy-concerned smartphone". Even if it is nothing too bad, it is still lying.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
Oh, they will indeed throw you in jail. If you even attempted to speak against CCP or even dared research VPNs or anything they don't like, it flags up. I don't know for sure but that's what it's capable of doing.

it then blamed apple for the spying:

I got many more sources if you want.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06

^ 'here is how to stop it' results in them admitting you can't. You can stop/reduce androids spying with a series of menu options.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Oh, they will indeed throw you in jail. If you even attempted to speak against CCP or even dared research VPNs or anything they don't like, it flags up. I don't know for sure but that's what it's capable of doing.
First off, this is wrong and I don’t like it. It is against Mao’a philosophy prior to his death and his mistakes which the Nation is abiding by in theory. In China’s version of Youtube, Bilibili, not only people has VPN, it is popular and long people has been uploading foreign humor to the site, as long as it isn’t politically offensive. The nation does not bat an eye at VPN users. What is illegal is the selling of VPN for malicious intents, for example, destroy the nation.

As for speaking against the nation, it too is against the founding fathers’ philosophy. The ideal China should not illegalize any speech against the nation. The truth is: nope. Critical recommendations are Ok, but malicious lies are not. What is flawed is the execution: they consider even Uyghur Genocide or 89/6/4 malicious. Dismissing them as conspiracy theories and prove to the public is OK. Deleting anything mentioning them is not. That is the the problem. The structure is Ok, what is inside it needs revision.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Apple looks at you, but does not censor at all.(at least not in my experience). That is why I am ok with it. It only makes me spend a few dozen bucks more and not arrest me for not buying anything. If Apple is as strict as the government, it would have been another story.
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@RationalMadman
The entire concept of privacy in cyberspace is an oxymoron. There just isn't. So beyond that idiotic fear, I have two comments:
1. Apple just makes the best damn reliable products in the field of computing that exist.
2. Don't do stuff online you would later regret having out there.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
I would rather let apple constantly observe me so it can pick items I like faster than I do, it is convenient. I won't be punished by Apple for anything except maybe money.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@949havoc
Your point 1 is a lie based on absolutely nothing.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@RationalMadman
No, not nothing. It's the best damn evidence there is: personal experience with detailed, professional observation and testing.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@RationalMadman
Back at ya, bud.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@949havoc
Oh, you believe that Apple isn't capable of spying on you? That this statement is based on absolutely nothing? Is that correct?

It's the best damn evidence there is: personal experience with detailed, professional observation and testing.
Erm, what professional observation and testing is then held alongside personal experience in terms of evidence?

Also, privacy is possible online. I know my RM username isn't at all at that degree of privacy, but I don't go OCD with the privacy concerns. It is indeed attainable if you're willing to purchase a VPN for general browsing, always retype passwords, websites and usernames (cookie-free browsing on private browsers) and whenever it is something that doesn't prevent you from using TOR browser to use TOR, privacy is already more attainable.

Then we enter the realm of privacy to do with knowledge of operating systems, hardware and settings, which is the part where Apple gives you nothing at all to work with.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Privacy is out of the window RatMan.

Big Bro.

Arthur Blair.

For sure.

Brain implants coming to a store near you, soon.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Your sarcasm is pretty useless in this thread.