Apple should be sued for fraud for advertising itself as the 'privacy concerned smartphone'.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 35
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
You confuse sarcasm and cynicism.

To a greater extent, I was agreeing with your previous sentiments concerning privacy.

Though as I see it, if we embrace technological progress, then we must also embrace the inevitable consequences of technology.

As I stated....Privacy is now out of the window.

I was also extolling Arthur Blairs prophetic virtues.
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh, you believe that Apple isn't capable of spying on you? 
I did not say that. It's simply that I don 't care if they can, or not. I don't engage in activity to be ashamed of should anybody find out about it, so, there it is.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@949havoc
That's also what anyone with Jewoshs heritage thought pre-Hitler, what anyone with ties to the Tsar and capitalism thought pre-Lenin, so on amd so forth.

You don't know who is seeing it or what their agenda is. Crime is the excuse, the reality pf what rhey surveil and can use the information for is much more sinister. They could be making a virtual projection of yoyr personality and lifestyle tendencies, strategising how to place you in their society and use you. We don't know what theseassive corporations are using our information for.

At the very least, they use it to stratify adverts towards you and manipulate you as a consumer.

9 days later

949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@RationalMadman
That assumes I am manipulated. No, I buy what I want based on my analysis of product/service and seldom by another's influence, though I am aware of the attempt. I read "The Sale Begins When the Customer Says No," and I categorically disagree. When I say no, the conversation has ended at my end. I am a rude hang-up, but that's the truth of it.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@949havoc
Head down and not manipulated.

I would suggest not.

Perhaps at best, there is a slight variation in manipulatory system.

For sure....You pay your money and make a decision dressed up as choice.