Yes, No, I don't know

Author: EtrnlVw

Total: 165
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
Does God exist?

Yes, no or I don't know?

Next, give an explanation for what you believe is sufficient reasoning of your answer. Any explanation that claims simply "there is no evidence God exists" will be dismissed for lack of intelligent thought, in other words that explanation won't be good enough for this topic. Be creative and at least try and come up with an original thought that supports your theory. For this topic, lack of evidence is not evidence of absence. The indication that God exists is very strong, so there needs to be a clear indication of the contrary.
There also needs to be clear explanation for why you believe God exists, to be fair. So if you want to be taken seriously you'll have to give sufficient reasoning. Those who don't know, you're not off the hook...please explain, with all the information available why you believe it's justified to claim you don't know.

There's hundreds of people within this forum too, so every single one of you has one of the three options. I don't want just the same 8 people giving their opinion, if you have a brain you should contribute to this topic one way or another. This is a serious topic and one that applies to every single member. 
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@EtrnlVw
Yes.

I speak to him multiple times daily, to the extent that its gone beyond knowing him as a father; he's Dad. The communication is not one-way. Not that I always have response, because I don't, sometimes. But I have had a frequency that assures me I am being heard, understood, and answered. Often, the answer is no, not now, or occasionally no, not at all, stop asking. But often enough, the answer is yes, and that agreement has often been a challenge to do more myself to serve him. And I never approach without being grateful for what I've already received. More often than not, all such communications are nothing but being grateful. I've learned to ask for nothing, and that, alone, has brought abundant blessing.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
dunno
Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
My no is as certain as the no which I give to people asking me whether there are invisible naked men dancing my room right now. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Yes. I had personal experiences that make me absolutely certain.

I'd accept anyone accusing me of being an agnostic but I'm not a soft atheist, instead I'm a deist.

The god I believe/know to be real is, in human psyche terms, sociopathic and apathetic. She is also rather feminine, we are here to impress and entertain her.

You can think I'm insane, I accept that. I can't make you go through what I did, including clinicial depression where you screamed in your head at god to give you a reason to live and then the reasons came the next day, indisputably. You don't know my life or story, I'm telling you there's something out there and it's apathetic and sadistic but not without redeeming features. The god doesn't want us all to suffer, that's not entertaining to watch, it's more fun if pleasure and characters to root for are mixed in.

Everything in reality actually fits this type of god, the rest falls into place after you first reach out and get your own answers (won't be the same as mine).
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
@RationalMadman
Whose GOD/GODESS/GENDER NEUTRAL DEITY?

Which GOD/GODESS/GENDER NEUTRAL DEITY?

What GOD/GODESS/GENDER NEUTRAL DEITY?

GOD/GODESS/GENDER NEUTRAL DEITY in what format?

1. An eternal floaty about, supernatural bloke/woman/gender neutral, as mentioned in archaic legends.....Is just as much the impossibility of something from nothing as everything else is.

2. Alien ancestor/s....Alien ancestors are a possibility, but logistically unlikely....And are also, ultimately subject to the above limitations of 1.

3. Or simply, the principle that gives material evolution purpose.....I tend to loosely run with this option.....An ongoing sequence of events, though nonetheless still subject to the ultimate limitations of 1. and 2.

The fact is, no one is actually able to know or explain, how anything can exist.

(We are all constrained by what we have been to conditioned to think. relative to ongoing data input, but defined to a greater extent by formative data input).

And the opposite of something, is just as bewildering a thought.

And personal experiences are exactly that.....Self contained, data processed responses....One thinks, therefore one is.

So one thinks a GOD is, therefore a GOD is only a thought.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Closest to 2, number 3 is a separate entity to this god of mine, it made the god and my god hijacked it.
DeadFire27
Debates: 10
DeadFire27
-->
@EtrnlVw
I DON'T KNOW:

I joined this site as a traditional Christian, but, after my humiliating loss to Bones (my first debate), well, I started to doubt myself. I had never actually questioned God before, but the points against it make sense. 

However, there is a reason I don't personally identify with Atheism either.

Death.

Where do we go?

There is no scientific evidence anywhere which proves where our spirits go, so the only option I can see is a deity. Or deities. 

So, agnostic. And until someone proves where we go when we die, I'm staying this way. 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Bones
How would you know when he's invisible?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Yes. I believe there is a one source creative force and that the beings we call gods exist. I believe there are other beings similar to them that exist that we don't know of. I believe they do not exist in our 3D plane. My reason for that view is personal experience and meditative practice.
Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Exactly, I don't but Occams Razor deems it reasonable to discard it as an ontological burden. 
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@EtrnlVw
Nah, it's just imaginary. There is nothing empirical about the concept of god to tie it to reality. All there is is a concept, the same as the concept of unicorns or leprechauns, but nothing empirical to indicate it isn't also imaginary.
FLRW
FLRW
No,  in Stephen Hawking’s final book, “Brief Answers to the Big Questions,” the renowned physicist declares, “There is no God. No one directs the universe.” 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@EtrnlVw
God = Universe ergo God/Universe are synonyms.

Primary, local cosmic triangulate of occupied space;

.....1a} outer surface set of nodal { v }events = ultra-micro, positives shaped curvature of contractiveattractive Gravity (  ),
.......... quasi linear set > > >1, 5p-7p, 11p-13p, 17p-19p, 23p, 25 etc.......

......2} inside the toroidal tube, observed time { quantised-quantified } physical reality ---associated with sine-wave pattern /\/\/---,
...........quasi-linear triangulate, sine-wave set ,0, 3p, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 2 etc.....

......1b} inner surface set of nodal { v } events = ultra-micro, negative shaped curvature of epansive/dissasociative Dark Energy )(.
.............quasi-linear set 2p, 4, 8, 10, 14, 16, 20, 22, 26 etc......................

Numerical General Cosmic Triangulate;

......1a} 1 { linear initializing  couting number },

..1b} 0 { non-counting number } is nuclear too 1 and 2p in some four level/line operating system { pattern of events },

...........1c} 2prime { only even numbered prime number }.

2D { area } Cosmic Triangulate;

..1} closed triangulate set /\,

..2} open triangulate set Y.

3D { volumetric } Cosmic Triangulate set;

1} \Y/ aka birds-eye-view of 3D tetrahedron { 3-fold symmetry }, when inside-outing it is a triangle, subdivided by three sub-catagorical triangles.

Cosmic Meta{ beyond }-space { Metaphysical-1/Spirit-1 } set { mind/intellect/concept };

.....1} absolute truth,

.....2} relative truth,

......3} false narrative.

Cosmic Primary Symmetrical, Polyhedral Structure Set;

....1] 5-fold symmetry cosahedron ---20 triangles---,

....2} 4-fold symmetry octahedron ---8 triangles---,

....3} 3-fold symmetry tetrahedron -- 4 triangles---

Cosmic Trinary Query Response :

......1a} yes, ---active numerical 1{ initiating/confirmation of existence } ---

......2} i dunno ---neutral numerical 0 { Meta-space query of existence }---

.......1b} no, --inactive numerical 2p { alternative viewpoint { point-of-view }--,

FLRW
FLRW
No, 'The word God is for me nothing but the expression and product of human weaknesses,' Albert Einstein wrote, 'the Bible a collection of venerable but still rather primitive legends. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can (for me) change anything about this. '
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Sum1hugme
All there is is a concept, the same as the concept of unicorns or leprechauns, but nothing empirical to indicate it isn't also imaginary.
Wouldn’t you say heaven or hell (if real) is empirical?
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Tarik
If you can bring forth a single empirical fact that ties either of those concepts to reality, I'm game to hear it.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Sum1hugme
Is that a yes or a no?
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Tarik
Sure, IF real, unicorns could be empirically demonstrated. Same with god and heaven.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Sum1hugme
Why are you liking heaven to unicorns? Fact of the matter is the “concept” of heaven can only be empirically demonstrated through death and you sir are not dead.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
there's good evidence for God. atheism is irrational because they pretend there's no evidence or at least there's enough evidence to be agnostic. 

we see things that look supernatural happen to praying theists but there's no reason to assume those things happen to atheists. supernatural healings. 

the large majority of people who have NDEs who are atheists end up believing in God (almost everyone who has those experiences, even skeptics, end up believing in the afterlife, but that's just a related point). there's lots of good evidence for NDEs so we should take them seriously. such as out of body experiences being verified under scientific study.   it's stupid to argue that it's common for people to hallucinate elaborate afterlife stories when they die and then give no good reason why that happens, when drugs dont cause that no happen either. dr longs book 'evidence for the afterlife' is full of good evidence. 

there's good and inexplicable evidence for demonic possession.

there's the point that the universe is going from high energy to low energy as if it's a clock that got set (how does something happen once within all eternity and never happen again, what does that even mean?)... there's no good alternative hypothesis that has good evidence for it, just speculation. 

it's stupid to argue that humans are just elaborate living robots. it should be intuitive that we are more than that, and it's forced and artificial to think that way. 

the design of the universe is weak evidence but it's evidence
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@n8nrgmi
A few years ago, a best-selling autobiographical work, Brain on Fire, chronicled one of the first instances of diagnosis for N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) encephalitis. The story depicted by the author is one of a young woman’s descent into madness caused by encephalitis before its relatively novel cause is determined by a New York neurologist. The book details her recovery, and the story has even been developed into a feature film on Netflix.
In historical times, such cases may have been responsible for reported incidents of “demonic possession.” In 2009, when the events of Brain on Fire transpired, this diagnosis remained obscure. Now, in 2019, this diagnosis, under the umbrella classification of autoantibody-mediated encephalitis, is prominently featured in the educational series of one of the largest critical care conferences in the world. The past decade has seen both a heightened recognition of these syndromes and also the necessary laboratory advancements required for diagnosis. This related collection of syndromes is almost certainly more common than any of us were aware during our medical education, and it is important to recognize them because early immunotherapy can profoundly improve recovery.

Doesn't God know anything about quality control?
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Tarik
All youve done is make it impossible for yourself to show that heaven isn't imaginary.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Sum1hugme
I never said that it wasn’t, I’m saying that you don’t know that it is.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
How do you know "he's" a he, when "he's" invisible?

A tad assumptive methinks.

In fact, how do you know it's anything at all?

Perhaps you just think that it is.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@DeadFire27
You joined this site as a participating human, wearing  a tentative label.

So why should an amalgamated blob of matter go anywhere other that here, when it decomposes?

Data is the product of internal function, which ceases upon death.

To assume that acquired data/thoughts/spirit are residual, is just conditioned/wishful thinking.

At best, we pass on our "spirit" to our children.

And deities are make believe....Imaginative options rather than, real options.

Realism, not Atheism.
DeadFire27
Debates: 10
DeadFire27
-->
@zedvictor4
Man, I'm 12 yrs old. You can't blame me for getting confused about religion. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@DeadFire27
You're 12 and yet you're a teenager.

You're from the UAE.

And you're a Questioning Christian.

Can this be true?
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@Tarik
I know it is at least in your imagination. But you have nothing empirical to move the concept from your imagination into knowledge about reality. Therefore, I know it's your imagination.
Tarik
Tarik
-->
@Sum1hugme
But you have nothing empirical to move the concept from your imagination into knowledge about reality.
Why do I have to? Are you implying that I’m the end all be all on this subject?