Processeeze

Author: keithprosser

Total: 15
keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
I caught myself saying 'processeeze' today.   It always used to be 'processez' - when did it change?
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@keithprosser
Are you from New Zealand or a rural area of Australia? Otherwise, I have no idea why this is how you say it.

Maybe a strong South African accent or really anywhere as a white guy in Africa?
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@RationalMadman
Maybe you haven't noticed - or you are relatively young!
It seems I'm not alone in noticing the shift.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@keithprosser
Firstly if you are American, it's wrong to write the 'pro' as 'pro' you would either be saying 'praw' if a more mainstream American accent possessor or 'prao' if more southern (Tennesee/Texas etc). 

Secondly, what is your accent?
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@RationalMadman
Awfully English, old bean!

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@keithprosser
England has a lot of accents. I could see a Scouse slanting it that way but most? No.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
please speak english properly
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@keithprosser
It's just a weird affectation that took off, I think. The long ee is just something that everyone started saying because it 'sounds smart' while still being incorrect. People are odd like that.
Plisken
Plisken
 Thats how I like to say it when I speak Britoneeze because it sounds funny, like aluminium.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Plisken
I am fucking sick to the hilt with you Americans and thinking you own English. English was made by Europeans and foremost concluded to be what it is by who? England, obviously.

You sit there talking about Aluminium and other things sounding 'funny'. The Danish, Germans and French combined forces (so to speak) to finalise the most efficient way to extract Aluminium. 

The British "discovered" it but it's true that the Brit who discovered it first named it Alumium (neither of the two variants known today) and later himself preferred the American version but this is not fair or relevant because it was the 3 European nations/cultures previously stated who came up with the extraction method that Davy himself used in 1808 to get Aluminium. Aluminium was what those three cultures agreed sounded better.

The French, Danes and Germans all refer to it as Aluminium as do the Brits of today. America has no authority or place to claim it as their own. 
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't think Americans own English, in the lingual sense, just so you know.  I just like the different accents.  I mostly just poke fun at Canadians myself.  We do drive on the right side of the road though, so there.  You should have more respect for us Americans as we insist upon upholding the proper system of measurement for normal people stuff.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Plisken
Canadians say Aluminum, so...
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@RationalMadman
That's because they want to be awesome.  Canadians are born into elemental envy.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Plisken
Americans are better than the English because everyone is better than the English. Even the Pygmies. Perfidious Albion is the most loathsome country on the planet.
Plisken
Plisken
  I have an odd respect for the British as a people.  I don't actually believe Americans are better than Canadians.  A Canadian could become truly awesome.