What Will Jesus Look like When he Comes Back?

Author: Reece101

Total: 30
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
Will he be black Jesus, asian Jesus, the OG Jesus (What a Middle Eastern Jewish person would look like 2000 years ago), orrr Aryan Jesus?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Reece101
If Jesus has mastered the power of re-appearing after two thousand years than I think its safe to assume he has the power to change his appearance.  If you are asking whether Jesus will return in the body he used 2,000 years ago, then the answer is that he did not say or the record of his reply to that question is lost.  If you are asking what Jesus looked like 2,000 years ago the answer is  Palestinian- 

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Reece101

I think he will look like Sonny in I, Robot.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Reece101
Revelation 1:13-16 gives a pretty good description. 

Head and hair white like wool and snow. 

Eyes blazing like fire. 

Feet are bronze.

Voice like rushing waters.

His face like the sun. 

So it may well be that Jesus is golden in appearance as the sun. 

That sort of captures every culture doesn't?  
Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
Robo mecha suit. 
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@Reece101
He will look like a man. Does it matter by what physical traits? These things should not matter to us, now, with one another. The alternative is the root of racism. Just stop. We should celebrate our differences, and maybe when we have crossed that hurdle, he will come and then your childish curiosity will be satisfied once and for all. Meantime, I'm more interested in what he will say to us after our bungling of two thousand years.

He gave us a simple set of instructions, after all: Love God, Love our neighbors, including our enemies. After two thousand years, we cannot do it. 
CK Chesterton was right:
"It is not that Christianity has been tried and found wanting. It has never been tried."  Jesus is an incredibly patient man.
949havoc
949havoc
God is a patient fellow, after all, because he loves us, unconditionally. That does not mean he will always strive with us, allowing us our fumbling around in the dark. He offered the light in his Only Begotten, but it is we who must use that light to shine it into the dark. That's our part of the bargain of being provided with fire. Use it for warmth and light, not destruction. The day is coming, probably at night, like a thief, for most, when we must demonstrate we have found the light and know how to use it, and those that still don't will never know it again.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
He will look like pasta made in the flying spaghetti monster's own image bless his noodly goodness 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@949havoc
He will look like a man. Does it matter by what physical traits? These things should not matter to us, now, with one another. The alternative is the root of racism. Just stop. We should celebrate our differences, and maybe when we have crossed that hurdle, he will come and then your childish curiosity will be satisfied once and for all. Meantime, I'm more interested in what he will say to us after our bungling of two thousand years.

He gave us a simple set of instructions, after all: Love God, Love our neighbors, including our enemies. After two thousand years, we cannot do it. 
CK Chesterton was right: 
"It is not that Christianity has been tried and found wanting. It has never been tried."  Jesus is an incredibly patient man.
I’m just curious how people would respond when he comes back. 

Will people call him the anti-christ, etc depending on how he looks?
Wait until he tells corporations and the rich that they should pay their fair share of taxation and make their workplace more democratic.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@949havoc
 I'm more interested in what he will say to us after our bungling of two thousand years.

While forgetting his own repeated "bungling".

He gave us a simple set of instructions, after all: Love God, Love our neighbors, including our enemies.

He also said:   " Luke 14:26  “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple" . While on the other hand the bible also states that: 

"Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness.  Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble.  But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness".
1 John 2:9-17

He just thrives on contradictions , doesn't he?

After two thousand years, we cannot do it. 
CK Chesterton was right:

It has been "tried " for over 2,000 years, you clown and has caused all kinds of war and hatred and division as do most religions if not all. But what can we expect when Jesus gives out these mixed and divisive messages for the likes of dunces like you to interpret at will to suit your own agendas and narrative.

Grow up! Jesus was just another contender to the throne and high priesthood  of Jerusalem as were many that came before him.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Stephen
He also said:   " Luke 14:26  “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple" . While on the other hand the bible also states that: 

"Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness.  Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble.  But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness".
1 John 2:9-17

Well stated
you clown
Naughty naughty. Ad hominem can ruin an otherwise persuasive argument, at least for me.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Stephen

You're comparing two separate conditions, and combining them. 
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Reece101
m just curious how people would respond when he comes back. 
Every knee will bow, and every tongue confess that he is Christ. But then, the prophesied sequence is that the destruction of the wicked will precede his appearance, so there will nowhere be found anyone to disagree. Time to decide, now, which side we're on.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@949havoc
yes
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@949havoc
I have decided
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@janesix
Good job. Go thy way and be burdened no more [my preference to sin no more], regardless of what and how it was decided, as long as you're content with the decision.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
Very Very Old.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@949havoc

You're comparing two separate conditions, and combining them. 

Nope.  I am comparing what is said on the one hand and then contradicted on the other.

The prophesied sequence is that the destruction of the wicked will precede his appearance, so there will nowhere be found anyone to disagree. 

So much for "dying for our sins",  forgiveness and to  "love our enemies", then , eh?  It appears - according to you - that anyone that doesn't believe in Jesus being the  literal genetic "son of god" will be destroyed on that basis only no matter how righteous they have lived their lives. You are no more better than the Muslim that is instructed by the Quran to destroy anyone that "disagrees" that Allah is god and that Muhammad is his prophet. 

I believe Jesus existed . I also believe his title was "son of god" as were other very human ancient kings. Indeed the whole nation of Israel were called his children!
I don't believe Jesus' dead and stinking rotting days old corpse came back to life and I don't believe he performed a single so called "miracle".  You seem to have missed all those "clues" that you proudly speak about decoding yourself.#45

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@949havoc
Every knee will bow, and every tongue confess that he is Christ. But then, the prophesied sequence is that the destruction of the wicked will precede his appearance, so there will nowhere be found anyone to disagree. Time to decide, now, which side we're on.
I’m obviously with comrade Jesus.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@Stephen
Nope.  I am comparing what is said on the one hand and then contradicted on the other.
Yes, by picking out verses, ignoring the conditions for each. Doesn't work that way.

So much for "dying for our sins",  forgiveness and to  "love our enemies", then , eh? 
You miss the entire point of the atonement. That Jesus died for our sins does not absolve us of them just be cause he did. He did it with the intent that we take responsibility for those sins, repent of them, remove that stripe Jesus took for us, individually, and take it on ourselves to be forgiven of them. We still must pay the debt of our sins as best we can, or Jesus has suffered needlessly, and that is not the bargain he made with us. We must acknowledge our sins were ours. Only by that process are we forgiven. Otherwise, we are not, and will suffer the pains of wickedness, just as Jesus suffered. Justice demands that. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@949havoc
Jesus died for our sins

What does shit like that even mean?
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@zedvictor4
It means we own him, big time.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
If at this point people don't understand the basic concepts of Christianity should they really be here arguing about them.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@zedvictor4
Boy, did I blow that one, and just saw it. Y meant to say we OWE him big time.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
If at this point people don't understand the basic concepts of Christianity should they really be here arguing about them.
Of course you would know. Witches would be near the top of the naughty list.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@949havoc
A simple error.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
If you're referring to me.

I never argue about the specifics of theism.

I just like to point out the general illogic that is popular theism....Inherited folk tales that some people place so much importance on.

As far as the tale goes.....The character Jesus was supposedly crucified by the Romans at the behest of the Jews, for the crime of heresy.

Nothing at all to do with mine or your sins......Just Middle Eastern, factional infighting.....Nothing new there.

Correct me if I'm wrong....But I think that the sin thing was made up later by a bloke named Paul.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
As far as the tale goes.....The character Jesus was supposedly crucified by the Romans at the behest of the Jews, for the crime of heresy.

Yep. In the eyes of the ruling Jews he was stirring up the nation by attempting to unite  the "lost sheep of Israel" against Rome and he had to go. And the bible makes this perfectly clear. The Jews were afraid that the Romans would come and take away their nation.

"If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our temple and our nation......You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish.” 

The reality was more likely that the Jewish hierarchy didn't want to lose their lucrative positions and possessions afforded to them by Rome.

Jesus or no Jesus it all ended in total disaster in the end anyway. The various Jewish rebel factions including the Galilean zealots started to turn on one another anyway. Rome simply laid siege to Jerusalem and sat back while the Jews started to slaughter one another and "eat their own dead". Historian Josephus gives a detailed account of who was responsible for the destruction of the temple and who had set the city alight.

Correct me if I'm wrong....But I think that the sin thing was made up later by a bloke named Paul.

It is a total Christian idea and makes no sense whatsoever.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

What do you see as the basic concepts of Christianity?

313 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@Reece101
What Will Jesus Look like When he Comes Back?

Will he be black Jesus, asian Jesus, the OG Jesus (What a Middle Eastern Jewish person would look like 2000 years ago), orrr Aryan Jesus?
Jesus gives us a clue.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.